SportsWrath

Jake Ballard?

Sephiroth

Ballard doesnt make the catch between the hashes, it may have been over. Great hands by this guy. And whats up with Brady and the offense getting boo birds? I can see Eli and the Giants getting them because of up and down play. but to go 20+ games at home without a loss and get booed shows no class by the pat fans.:confused:

Ballard doesnt make the catch between the hashes, it may have been over. Great hands by this guy. And whats up with Brady and the offense getting boo birds? I can see Eli and the Giants getting them because of up and down play. but to go 20+ games at home without a loss and get booed shows no class by the pat fans.:confused:

LOL. I notice the boos too and had to recheck if the game was at Giants stadium.

Jake got great football hands. If it's thrown his way. It's most likely a catch. I'm glad he's more of a catch it before run and not scare to be hit

LOL. I notice the boos too and had to recheck if the game was at Giants stadium.

Jake got great football hands. If it's thrown his way. It's most likely a catch. I'm glad he's more of a catch it before run and not scare to be hit

Ya man, boy does Eli like to hang his tight ends out to dry though. Luckily Ballard and even Boss have been tough enough to pull it down for Eli, even in traffic. Toughness is a great quality to have in a tight end. I'd rather have the gamers and heart players that we have at tight end RIGHT NOW than a guy like Shockey, Gonzalez, or Gates any day. And I am aware those guys aren't having their best season statistically. So I'd go as far as saying I'd rather have a guy like Ballard with no fear and soft hands than a guy like Jimmy Graham who just gets open down the field, how's that? Ya, it's crazy, but Ballard is a blocking machine with the soft hands and toughness of a guy like Bavaro (sorry for sounding like Jack, but in this case, Jack has been right). He's the real deal.

This guy is fast becoming my favorite player. It's hard to believe that he was never considered a "pass catching TE" when all he does is catch the ball like a magnet snatching a paper clip. He took some very hard hits today and it didn't seem to phase him one bit. It's like he enjoys the brawl, yet he' cool as a cucumber and seems to have a very calm nature about him, unaffected by getting leveled and certainly not getting penalties for losing his cool.

Ballard saved the day for us on the last drive. He's a bit of a freak and football players who are a bit of a freak are by far, the best and most interesting players on the field.