SportsWrath

Why the Cardinals keep running right?

Lubeck

Yeah this pissed me off the whole game...before the Cardinals second to last drive when we needed to stop them, and stop them quick, I was going crazy that Tollefson should be out there and not Osi................and was soooo happy when he was.

-Z

Two words.

Osi Umenyiora.

That is why you aren't being paid like a top end DE Osi you suck against the run and teams exploit it. Amazing how Tuck being out exposes the Dline against the run.

Agreed 100%

If Eli didn't win that game, Beanie Wells (and our run defense) would have been the storyline.

Osi showed tonight that JPP is the far superior player. When Tuck is healthy, and I really hope that's next week, Tuck and JPP should start. Osi also showed he is still a premier pass rusher in the NFL, tonight. He just needs to rotate in on passing downs.

Osi showed tonight that JPP is the far superior player. When Tuck is healthy, and I really hope that's next week, Tuck and JPP should start. Osi also showed he is still a premier pass rusher in the NFL, tonight. He just needs to rotate in on passing downs.

Exactly... let him pin his ears back on 3rd and long. He is no Michael Strahan... nor is he a top 10 DE. Top 5 pass rusher, yes but he is not an all around great DE.

lighten up

it was his 1st game back and he had a tomahawk positive fumble and 2 sacks.......or was it 3?

Give the guy a break

Osi has always been suspect against the run.. it's not mystery.. .maybe Fewel should've adjusted the line to give Osi some help so AZ can stop running his way...

It was his first freaking game back from surgery and you expected a better performance?

:facepalm:

I saw just as well as the rest of you that they were running at our weakest link at the moment. Umenyiora is going to play better as the season progresses.

We all know that if Tuck played, the game would have been a blowout win for us.

I was blown away by the inability of the morons in the booth to figure out the reason the Cardinals kept running it to the right. Beanie Wells left that game looking like the 2011 rushing champion. Not too surprising since we helped Grossman look that way back in week 1.

We are running into some incredible RBs every week..........whose up next?

Beanie Wells is an "incredible running back"? Really?

Truth is, Lubz is right on the money. Osi can be a game changer, coming hard and fast from the outside with his trademark tomahawk chop strip sack.......but he's one dimensional and he disappears for long stretches. And I'm not just talking this year. He had something like 13 sacks & forced fumbles last year but I swear, outside of those 13 plays, you hardly ever heard his name called.

Of course, if you can only do one thing, being able to get strip sacks is as good as it gets but please don't confuse this with a complete defensive end. He's more like a Dave Kingman, for you old baseball fans - a home run or strikeout. Not saying this doesn't have some value but just not as much as the highlight reel might suggest or as much as Osi apparently thinks.

Beanie Wells is an "incredible running back"? Really?

Truth is, Lubz is right on the money. Osi can be a game changer, coming hard and fast from the outside with his trademark tomahawk chop strip sack.......but he's one dimensional and he disappears for long stretches. And I'm not just talking this year. He had something like 13 sacks & forced fumbles last year but I swear, outside of those 13 plays, you hardly ever heard his name called.

Of course, if you can only do one thing, being able to get strip sacks is as good as it gets but please don't confuse this with a complete defensive end. He's more like a Dave Kingman, for you old baseball fans - a home run or strikeout. Not saying this doesn't have some value but just not as much as the highlight reel might suggest or as much as Osi apparently thinks.

spot on.

I'd take Beanie in a heartbeat

Hard running back........anyone who thinks Jacobs or Ahmad are doing well is out of their minds........a lot has to do with opponents not respecting our long passing game, they are filling up the box with 8-9 guys......until our back are to the wall we are not letting Eli throw deep early or late

FREE TIKI............ or play Ware or Scott or both

Jacobs has turned into a shadow of his rookie self

It was his first freaking game back from surgery and you expected a better performance?

:facepalm:

I saw just as well as the rest of you that they were running at our weakest link at the moment. Umenyiora is going to play better as the season progresses.

We all know that if Tuck played, the game would have been a blowout win for us.

I was blown away by the inability of the morons in the booth to figure out the reason the Cardinals kept running it to the right. Beanie Wells left that game looking like the 2011 rushing champion. Not too surprising since we helped Grossman look that way back in week 1.

Agreed.

I'd take Beanie in a heartbeat

Hard running back........anyone who thinks Jacobs or Ahmad are doing well is out of their minds........a lot has to do with opponents not respecting our long passing game, they are filling up the box with 8-9 guys......until our back are to the wall we are not letting Eli throw deep early or late

FREE TIKI............ or play Ware or Scott or both

Jacobs has turned into a shadow of his rookie self

Jack you're not making sense.. you're saying opposing D's load up the box and that somehow reflects badly on Ahmad and BJ? :confused: If anything our running game has been setting up the pass rather nicely.

Jack makes sense in only .1% of his posts.

Jack you're not making sense.. you're saying opposing D's load up the box and that somehow reflects badly on Ahmad and BJ? :confused: If anything our running game has been setting up the pass rather nicely.

One of the things I watch is the box on every play

St Louis really loaded it up

No one plays a Tampa two against us..........NOBODY fears Eli's long ball..........NOBODY

That puts a lot of pressure on the running game.....even at 270 lbs Jacobs is far lighter than the pile hes trying to push......Bradshaw forget about it

well we won a super bowl with weak LBers and Osi at RDE

I think Osi can improve his run D but its not just him......he needs support on his side from the back seven

He's not a real big guy......more like a Dwight Freeny....he can tackle people when he's not fixated on getting to the QB

I don't know...........you want to limit a guy who is capable of a strip and recovered fumble at any moment? I think he's on track to have another great year

let him be.....he just returned and practically won the game single handed with his tomahawk and his late game sack.

The real problem last week was poor JPP thrown to the wolves on the strong side.......he looked very uncomfortable over there

He needs to become more flexible like Tuck

I'd move JPP to RDT and leave Tuck at LDE and OSI at RDE when Tuck returns.........JPP is very Tuck-like and even bigger than Tuck......he can move inside

Tuck often plays Tackle

Lets not forget Tollefson who is quietly becoming a premier DE himself

having 4 great DE's is a good problem to have.........no one else can lay claim to our riches at DE