SportsWrath

steve smith

Lughead

Ohm Youngmisuk Smith says on his health "I am not sure how far away I am from playing. I think I am pretty close."

Ohm Youngmisuk Smith on Coughlin's remarks about being far away from playing, "Yeah I would disagree with that. I haven't had any setbacks. We'll see."

Ohm Youngmisuk Smith: "I'm surprised this happened."

Surprised??????? YOU signed the contract.....SURPRISED???????? iits not like they traded you for Celeck.

Mike Garafolo Smith doesn't feel disrespected by the Giants, he said. Understands it's a business. Doesn't jibe w his Facebook post but ok.

I don't give a fuck that my stock portfolio and 401k both lost around 15% in the last week. This is really more upsetting than either of those :ranting2::ranting2::ranting2:

Yeah I know the stock market will come back but Steve Smith wont . :angry:

Ohm Youngmisuk Smith reiterated that he didn't think the Giants could match the Eagles' offer. He said both team doctors gave him positive reviews on knee

Ohm Youngmisuk Smith was under belief that the Giants decision not to bring him back was more financial than injury-related

NOW this brings to question HOW THE HELL can the Eagles sign all these guys ? what is their cap situation?

What happens now if our #1 or #2 receiver goes down with an injury? It's not like Eli has a TE to depend on coming up big.

That's not why I'm ticked off.. it's not like Smith was ready to go anyway... I actually did not expect to have any impact this season... and we do have others.. that can step up.. it's just that our FO allowed the eagles to sneak and take one of our most dependable players.. when we had first dips.

That's not why I'm ticked off.. it's not like Smith was ready to go anyway... I actually did not expect to have any impact this season... and we do have others.. that can step up.. it's just that our FO allowed the eagles to sneak and take one of our most dependable players.. when we had first dips.

I'm just fucking ticked off at the whole thing.

I don't think this is that big a deal. The front office didn't show him the money and had PLENTY of opportunity to. It obviously came down to no one wanting to give Steve a long term contract because of his injury, and therefor came down to who would give him the best deal over 1 year. In our cap situation it was no only not worth it to bring him back for a year, it was downright not smart to. He's a great WR, don't get me wrong. He's the best 3rd down/slot WR in the league. We have much more pressing needs at tight end and linebacker, that will hopefully bet taken care of now that we have room to maneuver. We've restructured contracts, lost 3 of our stalwart, key players who ate up a lot of cash, and now we should be well under the cap to strengthen other positions.

I'm disappointed in Steve, though I wish him the best, I hope he has a great season. I'm more disappointed in the front office for not getting a deal done. But I don't think it will hurt us THIS YEAR. Nicks and Manningham are obviously the two wide receivers we are going to be going with. Those two have been the most reliable and have made up the majority of big plays.

And hopefully Ahmad proves me wrong. Personally, I don't think he will ever be anything more than a serviceable back who fumbles a lot. But who knows, I think it's good we let Steve go at THIS point in time rather than down the line.

As treacherous as this is, and it is incredibly treacherous, am I the only one who happens to really trust Jerry Reese, and I trust that if he was more optimistic about Smith he'd have locked him up?

-Z

They could have locked him up.. first year not so much money since he won't be ready till midseason anyway... and if he doesn't pan out they can always cut the guy.. Reese did drop the ball here..

I understand the cap thing and I understand a player wanting to max out his earnings. I dont understand some players leaving after cap space was made , (Boss)then another player eating up that cap space. (Osi) and another clearing cap space(Jacobs) to make room for his "lil brother(Bradshaw). what they (FO) need to do is to get Financially creative.

I have the solution............ A Consultant Firm created by the Players. Pay the players 2 mill a year and the "Consulting Firm " well 150 Million. aught to make everyone happy a guy (everyone) could make $4 mill a year. end of year divi up the balance or share it with the "roadies" and Skeeba.

I don't think this is that big a deal. The front office didn't show him the money and had PLENTY of opportunity to. It obviously came down to no one wanting to give Steve a long term contract because of his injury, and therefor came down to who would give him the best deal over 1 year. In our cap situation it was no only not worth it to bring him back for a year, it was downright not smart to. He's a great WR, don't get me wrong. He's the best 3rd down/slot WR in the league. We have much more pressing needs at tight end and linebacker, that will hopefully bet taken care of now that we have room to maneuver. We've restructured contracts, lost 3 of our stalwart, key players who ate up a lot of cash, and now we should be well under the cap to strengthen other positions.

I'm disappointed in Steve, though I wish him the best, I hope he has a great season. I'm more disappointed in the front office for not getting a deal done. But I don't think it will hurt us THIS YEAR. Nicks and Manningham are obviously the two wide receivers we are going to be going with. Those two have been the most reliable and have made up the majority of big plays.

And hopefully Ahmad proves me wrong. Personally, I don't think he will ever be anything more than a serviceable back who fumbles a lot. But who knows, I think it's good we let Steve go at THIS point in time rather than down the line.

Im a bit more hopefull Ahmed is gonna turn it around.. the guy is tough as nails though. Eli cuts down on INTs.. he cuts down on Fumbles and our D is better than last year.. we should be ok.. I just can't stomach thought of Smith in Philly's uniform.

They could have locked him up.. first year not so much money since he won't be ready till midseason anyway... and if he doesn't pan out they can always cut the guy.. Reese did drop the ball here..

Nas that's exactly my point. They COULD have locked him up, but DIDN'T, which means they DIDN'T REALLY WANT TO. Believe me Jerry Reese is not spending his days watching reruns of Frasier. He's spending his days figuring out the Giants 53 man roster, and clearly he didn't find Steve Smith's presence to be an overly important matter.

Why? You'll have to ask him. But this didn't happen because Reese was busy playing golf and not working on the team.

-Z

Smith is almost ready to go NOW... Not mid season