SportsWrath

steve smith

Lughead

Let's see if he can develop something with Vick who will be running for his life most of the time anyway. The Giants figured out Vick last year and the rest of the league followed suite.

Whats confusing to me is, the different reports on his knee. The Giants say it was a long way away from bein healthy, him and the egirls say its not that long.....which is it? I mean, if he was gonna be out all yr and theyre stockpiling to win it this yr, then why woyuld they pay him 4 million for next to nothing? :confused:

I have to defer to Dr. Warren that it's a ways away from being ready. Even Steve said it wasn't ready to go yet and he didn't know when it would be. If he doesn't know, and the Eagles don't plan to put him on PUP, which really doesn't matter unless they play him too soon, then I have to believe that a while means probably out for the first two months of the season, if they're smart. Even after that I still think Steve is another year away from being back to himself, a la Kenny Phillips. The Eagles will probably try to put him on the field too soon, though, and he'll either be ineffective or re-injure himself.

But if they are smart, he might, I stress, MIGHT, be big for them in December/January.

Whats confusing to me is, the different reports on his knee. The Giants say it was a long way away from bein healthy, him and the egirls say its not that long.....which is it? I mean, if he was gonna be out all yr and theyre stockpiling to win it this yr, then why woyuld they pay him 4 million for next to nothing? :confused:

The Giants are going by what the doctors say.. and doctors like to play it safe... The Eagles and Smith go by adrenaline... could he be coming back sooner and plays fine? Yes.. will he be 100%.. FUCK NO.

The Giants are going by what the doctors say.. and doctors like to play it safe... The Eagles and Smith go by adrenaline... could he be coming back sooner and plays fine? Yes.. will he be 100%.. FUCK NO.

Anyone whos ever had knee surgery knows its a 2 yr deal until your 100% again..........this microfracture stuff is new, experimental, and supposed to re-grow cartilage- a sort of voo doo treatment.......sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.........at any rate rushing it almost guarantees failure and Steve will be pumping gas- to bad

when you lose your health you lose everything...........I saw Jim Brown limping through the Hilton lobby one night a few years ago.......made you wonder if it was worth it

Anyone whos ever had knee surgery knows its a 2 yr deal until your 100% again..........this microfracture stuff is new, experimental, and supposed to re-grow cartilage- a sort of voo doo treatment.......sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.........at any rate rushing it almost guarantees failure and Steve will be pumping gas- to bad

when you lose your health you lose everything...........I saw Jim Brown limping through the Hilton lobby one night a few years ago.......made you wonder if it was worth it

Nope.. nothing is more important than one's health.

its just the preseason pup list. its not the same as the one that forces you to mix 6 games.

Oh, it is?? I didnt know there was a separate one for preseason only. I also didnt know there was PUP list that allowed you to MIX 6 games, I thought you had to MISS them......................... :smartass:

Oh, it is?? I didnt know there was a separate one for preseason only. I also didnt know there was PUP list that allowed you to MIX 6 games, I thought you had to MISS them......................... :smartass:

I hope I'm not Captain Obvious here but there is a separate one for preseason. Once you practice, though, in preseason or otherwise, you cannot be put back on PUP. So players on preseason PUP usually means that a team is either biding their time until the player is ready to practice, or is planning on placing the player on PUP for the regular season as well, or both, of course.

I hope I'm not Captain Obvious here but there is a separate one for preseason. Once you practice, though, in preseason or otherwise, you cannot be put back on PUP. So players on preseason PUP usually means that a team is either biding their time until the player is ready to practice, or is planning on placing the player on PUP for the regular season as well, or both, of course.

Thank you Mr Obvious. :D

I mean... professor :TU:

Now that Smith is gone a guy like Jernigan is all but assured of making the squad (rightly so, he's a 3rd rounder, I believe). But can you imagine actually having a special teams squad that can play? A good special teams alone could have made us 12-4 last year and that's just a rough estimate. Can you imagine a good, creative return game, along with a solid punter (the dude from the Jets, I'm hoping) and a good solid punt and kick coverage team? These are things I'm more worried about than a 3rd best WR, whom nostalgia has made way more valuable than actual skill.

Agree 100%....