SportsWrath

Redskins Courting Bradshaw - say it ain't so Reese!

BleedinBlue

From PFT:

"As we pointed out last night, the market for veteran running backs has gone soft, with guys like Marion Barber involuntarily trading in deals averaging more than $6 million annually for contracts worth less than half that.

Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw has been waiting for the kind of big-money offer that every free agent with name recognition and more than 1,000 yards rushing in his contract year believes he’ll receive. To date, it hasn’t happened. The most interest in Bradshaw has come from the Giants, but another player could be emerging.

The Redskins, we’re told, recently have expressed preliminary interest. If it progresses, there could be an NFC East tug-o-war for two teams who’ll face each other in Week One.

That said, Bradshaw doesn’t really fit the Mike Shanahan profile of little-known interchangeable backs who get their yards because they get great blocking. Either way, Bradshaw and other veteran running backs who got excited when DeAngelo Williams hit the jackpot will soon realize, if they haven’t already, that the Panthers are the only team that has treated the 2011 spending cycle like a remake of Brewster’s Millions".

This will thoroughly piss me off if the Redskins snatch him up. On the other hand, they might be courting him for no other reason that to force the Giants to pay out the ass. This really pisses me off! :furious:

Reese get your ass out of gear and get Bradshaw signed.

I have no idea what our cap situation is, but I hear that it's cap hell so we have to make some decisions. I'm pissed at Bradshaw that Jacobs was willing to restructure in order to help keep him and if Bradshaw stiffs him and the Giants, he's a putz!

Thank heavens we still have Ware and some hungry younguns that are willing to sacrifice their bodies for the good of the team.

If we have to cut Boss and/or Smith to pay Bradshaw big bucks, I say cut him and let some other team deal with the injuries typical of all RB's these days.

The way the draft panned out, we kept missing opportunities to draft a running back (until the 7th Rd in Da'Rell Scott), but this is why I was a big proponent of getting a guy earlier. I can't complain with the first two rounds of our draft, but the Jernigan pick I was not a fan of. I thought running back would be a critical position to draft. A guy I really liked was DeMarco Murray in the third but the Cowboys picked him up 12 picks ahead of us. But Taiwan Jones was an option in the 4th and we went with James Brewer. I think Reese has done an impeccable job in the draft, and anybody can say we should've done this or that in hindsight... so I won't do it... but I do lament that we didn't get an opportunity to get Murray or Johnny White from UNC a bit later.

What the hell, maybe Da'Rell Scott is going to blow it up. I like the kid, he has explosiveness. We need Bradshaw to come back. He is such a dangerous running back... if he could get a little luckier with his health and fumble the ball less, he would be on par with the best running backs in the NFL... Chris Johnson, AP, you name it. He's a baller.

I loved the Jernigan pick, it was far from a strong RB class this year. Not worried about RB yet. Bradshaw will come around.

The way the draft panned out, we kept missing opportunities to draft a running back (until the 7th Rd in Da'Rell Scott), but this is why I was a big proponent of getting a guy earlier. I can't complain with the first two rounds of our draft, but the Jernigan pick I was not a fan of. I thought running back would be a critical position to draft. A guy I really liked was DeMarco Murray in the third but the Cowboys picked him up 12 picks ahead of us. But Taiwan Jones was an option in the 4th and we went with James Brewer. I think Reese has done an impeccable job in the draft, and anybody can say we should've done this or that in hindsight... so I won't do it... but I do lament that we didn't get an opportunity to get Murray or Johnny White from UNC a bit later.

What the hell, maybe Da'Rell Scott is going to blow it up. I like the kid, he has explosiveness. We need Bradshaw to come back. He is such a dangerous running back... if he could get a little luckier with his health and fumble the ball less, he would be on par with the best running backs in the NFL... Chris Johnson, AP, you name it. He's a baller.

I love Bradshaw's grit and toughness, but I don't think he's worth big bucks.

His bow-legged running style is not going to suit his knees, and especially his feet well moving forward.

He's got maybe two good years left in him.

I agree with you on Jones over Brewer, who was the only draft pick I was not a fan off. The Jernigan pick was great though, We need that speed down the middle, he will offer that. The Eagles will shut down the outside, but have nothing down the middle. Jernigan makes a ton of sense. Some scouts had Jernigan at the end of round one.

From Mike Garafolo (NJ.com)

"RB Ahmad Bradshaw has drawn “preliminary interest” from the Redskins, according to a report from ProFootballTalk.com today. And if you can’t see through that one, you should have your vision checked.

That’s not to doubt the validity of the report at all. I’m sure it’s 100 percent accurate. But why is it out there? Uh, to scare the Giants, maybe?

Last I heard, there was a significant gap between what the Giants were offering and what Bradshaw wants. And Reese’s comment from the other day about Bradshaw, WR Steve Smith and TE Kevin Boss all having the ball “in their court” tells you all you need to know about the Giants’ willingness to raise their offer right now.

Another team believed to be in the fray for Bradshaw is the Bengals
. Marvin Lewis told reporters Cincy is talking to other backs in addition to their own free agent, Cedric Benson. Some of Bradshaw’s teammates believe he might even pay the Bengals a visit in the near future. We’ll see if he stops by the Redskins’ facility as well".

Redskins have money to spend. Pretty far under the cap right now. Ryan Torrain has shown some promise but he's not known for being durable.

With our quarterback situation I wouldn't be surprised if we try and emphasize the run this year. We could afford to pay more than you guys but maybe Bradshaw isn't worth a huge contract. In any case it doesn't hurt for the Redskins to run up the price on Bradshaw while finding out what price we could pick him up at.

His fumbles are priceless.

Redskins have money to spend. Pretty far under the cap right now. Ryan Torrain has shown some promise but he's not known for being durable.

With our quarterback situation I wouldn't be surprised if we try and emphasize the run this year. We could afford to pay more than you guys but maybe Bradshaw isn't worth a huge contract. In any case it doesn't hurt for the Redskins to run up the price on Bradshaw while finding out what price we could pick him up at.

John Clayton just tweeted:

The Giants apparently aren't close to re-signing RB Ahmad Bradshaw. He's scheduling a trip to Cincy for a visit.

Schefter, a few moments later, tweeted that Ced Benson just agreed with the Bengals on a 1 year deal.

Ahmed's options running out quickly

This just in off the trade hotline:

Cardinals send Tim Hightower to Redskins for Vonnie Holliday and a pick

The Arizona Cardinals and Washington Redskins have completed a trade.

Arizona is sending running back Tim Hightower to Washington for defensive end Vonnie Holliday and a conditional late-round draft pick, ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting.

The 25-year-old Hightower started 13 games for the Cardinals last year and had 153 carries for 736 yards and five touchdowns. He’ll have a good chance of starting in Washington, and his presence could make the Redskins less interested in Ahmad Bradshaw.

The 35-year-old Holliday played in 15 games for the Redskins last year, starting two and recording 2.5 sacks.

Apparently, the team to try to talk into a trade is the Cardinals. Holy shit do they get boned every time they make a trade.

a 25 year old up and coming running back for a 35 year old mediocre defensive end and a conditional late round draft pick? Are you kidding me?

Apparently, the team to try to talk into a trade is the Cardinals. Holy shit do they get boned every time they make a trade.

a 25 year old up and coming running back for a 35 year old mediocre defensive end and a conditional late round draft pick? Are you kidding me?

I didn't realize Holliday was so old. I wonder if the Cards were paying him a lot and had to free up cap space. Maybe they got the best they could for a player who they'd otherwise cut?