SportsWrath

Giants release Madison Hedgecock

BleedinBlue

According to Giants released signings and official transactions, Hedgecock was cut today. Interestingly, they also cut Tiki Barber today....must have been a technicality so he can get offers from other teams. Don't really know.

Feel bad for Hedgecock, but with a bad shoulder, it spells doom for a blocking FB. He was fun to watch before his injury.

My memory doesn't serve me well.. I don't remember his injury.. and he was ok except for the dreaded swing pass... don't we have a dude who really impressed last year?

I'll give you a hint, his name rhymes with "Pear Flascoe" and he's an animal.

My memory doesn't serve me well..

Wait til you get my age!

I don't remember his injury.. and he was ok except for the dreaded swing pass... don't we have a dude who really impressed last year?

His last injury was a hamstring, but he messed up his shoulder before that and it never really healed well. And being a blocking FB, you need hard shoulders.

Bear filled in pretty good last year, but is more of a blocking TE. Hynoski seems like the likely guy to get the FB position. He has the all the tools and seems like a steal for us and probably the reasoning behind letting Hedgecock go. Here's an excellent article on Hynoski....the most sought after UDFA of the year. 15 teams tried to get him and he chose the Giants. Great article: link

I'll give you a hint, his name rhymes with "Pear Flascoe" and he's an animal.

meh.

Pascoe has a world of heart but not so much in the god given ability bin. We can find a much better FB or H - Back ( TE / FB Hybrid ) on the open market. In fact, we already may of done so with Henry Hynoski.

2010 Scouting Report: Whether it is carrying the ball, catching the ball or making a bruising block, Hynoski is a multifaceted and valuable contributor to Pitt's offense...described as a "throwback" by running backs coach David Walker, Hynoski embodies all the classic fullback traits - but with an athletic twist..."Henry is a dangerous player with the ball in his hands," Walker says. "He is so much more than a blocking back."...also a classroom standout who has twice been named to the Big East All-Academic Football Team.

Wait til you get my age!

His last injury was a hamstring, but he messed up his shoulder before that and it never really healed well. And being a blocking FB, you need hard shoulders.

Bear filled in pretty good last year, but is more of a blocking TE. Hynoski seems like the likely guy to get the FB position. He has the all the tools and seems like a steal for us and probably the reasoning behind letting Hedgecock go. Here's an excellent article on Hynoski....the most sought after UDFA of the year. 15 teams tried to get him and he chose the Giants. Great article: link

Hamstring injuries are a bitch.. pulled mine three times a few years ago.. I'm never the same since.. it's always in the back of my mind... the Giants were right to release him.. hope he retries from football. Bear Pascoe is a beast (thanks Storm).

Storm, now who are you and me going to have a flame war about with madison hedgecock gone.

I have so many flame wars I can't recall that particular one :(

Was I for or against Hedgecock?

I liked Hedgecock the fact that we just claimed him off waivers from the Rams and in return he helped our running game lead us to the Superbowl.

If he has career ending injuries I hope the best for him and hopefully he suffers no life long effects.

Time to move on, hopefully we can get someone who can run and catch the ball as well, get another weapon for Eli.

haha, I wouldn't call that schooling, dude.....

That was nearly 3 seasons ago. So it doesn't appear that Hedgecock needed replacing according to the front office.

Anyway, we still have 14 players that should be touching the ball ahead of our fullback....

I liked Hedgecock the fact that we just claimed him off waivers from the Rams and in return he helped our running game lead us to the Superbowl.

If he has career ending injuries I hope the best for him and hopefully he suffers no life long effects.

Time to move on, hopefully we can get someone who can run and catch the ball as well, get another weapon for Eli.

I agree with you....he had a great run before the injuries started piling up. This morning's news has an interview with him and he said he has a "degenerative disc" in his back that cannot be fixed and he was going to be forced to retire anyway. Giants fans should tip their hat to the man and thank him for the time he was here.

I'm excited to see Hynoski on the field, especially the "Hynoski Hitch Route".

I'm with you all the way on this. He's a bulldozer who loves to clear paths. He says he chose the Giants out of the 15 teams trying to get him because we're a smashmouth football team that likes to run down hill and that's his specialty. I think he'll fit in just fine and the cost should be minimal against the cap. We really lucked out by getting him.

I'm with you all the way on this. He's a bulldozer who loves to clear paths. He says he chose the Giants out of the 15 teams trying to get him because we're a smashmouth football team that likes to run down hill and that's his specialty. I think he'll fit in just fine and the cost should be minimal against the cap. We really lucked out by getting him.

Bleedin, if this guy turns out to be something special, I owe you a beer.

Just because Hynoski wasn't drafted doesn't mean he wasn't highly regarded. He was definitely a hot commodity among the UDFA's and the fact is that most fullbacks don't get drafted. Hynoski has an excellent chance at being the starter and at doing very well for us.

Here's a little sampling... it looks like Pitt really liked the Hynoski swing pass, lol. He'll fit right into our system. He also has several pancakes in this video:

http://youtu.be/0a4x6V31BMQ