SportsWrath

New Yahoo! Mock Draft

Mr. P

1. Carolina Panthers

Da’Quan Bowers | DE | Clemson [Jr.]

A powerful pass rusher for Ron Rivera to fill the void of Julius Peppers' departure.

AdChoices

2. Denver Broncos

Marcell Dareus | DT | Alabama [Jr.]

The key for John Fox's defense is to have heavy horsepower up front.

Bowers was second on the team with 74 tackles last season.

(Mary Ann Chastain/AP Photo)

3. Buffalo Bills

Patrick Peterson | CB | LSU [Jr.]

Could make an average pass rush look better, bring playmaking return skills.

4. Cincinnati Bengals

A.J. Green | WR | Georgia [Jr.]

The type of mismatch piece to make a disgruntled quarterback happy.

5. Arizona Cardinals

Von Miller | OLB | Texas A&M

A key ingredient for a new defensive coordinator running desired odd front.

6. Cleveland Browns

Nick Fairley | DT | Auburn [Jr.]

An explosive three-technique could make coordinator Dick Jauron’s defense go.

7. San Francisco 49ers

Cameron Jordan | DE | California

NFL pedigree, versatility could add rush element to sound defense.

8. Tennessee Titans

Blaine Gabbert | QB | Missouri

Establishing quarterback of the future becomes critical for new head coach Mike Munchak.

9. Dallas Cowboys

J.J. Watt | DE | Wisconsin [Jr.]

Dire need for five-technique brings Watt off board earlier than expected.

10. Washington Redskins

Cam Newton | QB | Auburn [Jr.]

A younger, more powerful Donovan McNabb(notes) to solve Mike Shanahan's QB quandary.

11. Houston Texans

Prince Amukamara | CB | Nebraska

Must find way to upgrade league's worst secondary, replace Dunta Robinson(notes).

12. Minnesota Vikings

Adrian Clayborn | DE | Iowa

The Vikings will take chances on medical risks and hit gold with their last Adrian.

13. Detroit Lions

Anthony Castonzo | OLT | Boston College

A tough, steady left tackle to reunite with Gosder Cherilus(notes), protect QB Matthew Stafford.

14. St. Louis Rams

Julio Jones | WR | Alabama [Jr.]

Offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels could use a new toy for QB Sam Bradford(notes) to grow up quickly.

15. Miami Dolphins

Ryan Mallett | QB | Arkansas [Jr.]

Inability to replace Dan Marino continues to hold back once-proud franchise.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars

Allen Bailey | DE | Miami (Fla.)

Continue to build defensive line with big, strong, powerful corner crusher.

17. New England Patriots (from Oakland)

Mark Ingram | RB | Alabama [Jr.]

A Nick Saban-endorsed bellcow to solve the Patriots' RB-by-committee approach.

18. San Diego Chargers

Ryan Kerrigan | OLB | Purdue

Tough, relentless overachiever from a pipeline that produces legit pass rushers.

19. New York Giants

Mike Pouncey | OG-C | Florida

One spot later than his brother went, Pouncey could plug in for the next 10 years.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Tyron Smith | OLT | USC [Jr.]

With Josh Freeman(notes) blossoming, Buccaneers could stand to improve protection.

21. Kansas City Chiefs

Gabe Carimi | ORT | Wisconsin

Four-year-starting Big Ten blocker could protect Matt Cassel(notes) from either side.

22. Indianapolis Colts

Nate Solder | OLT | Colorado

Indy's Superman QB looked very human without solid blind-side protection.

23. Philadelphia Eagles

Brandon Harris | CB | Miami (Fla.) [Jr.]

A big, physical corner could fill void left by Ellis Hobbs'(notes) injury.

24. New Orleans Saints

Aldon Smith | DE | Missouri [Jr.]

A speed pass rusher would enliven coordinator Gregg Williams' defense.

25. Seattle Seahawks

Jake Locker | QB | Washington

Pete Carroll knows how competitive Locker is after the QB beat USC two years in a row.

26. Baltimore Ravens

Aaron Williams | CB | Texas [Jr.]

Free agency could empty the Ravens' secondary; Williams fits in the slot.

27. Atlanta Falcons

Danny Watkins | OG | Baylor

Versatility, demeanor fit perfectly for a gritty, tough offensive line.

28. New England Patriots

Clint Boling | OG | Georgia

Versatility, intelligence could allow Pats to replace disgruntled Pro Bowl guard.

29. Chicago Bears

Corey Liuget | DT | Illinois [Jr.]

Tommie Harris(notes) is not the quick penetrator he once was; Liuget provides youth.

30. New York Jets

Akeem Ayers | OLB | UCLA [Jr.]

With Vernon Gholston(notes) expected to be on the way out, another pass rusher is needed.

31. Pittsburgh Steelers

Derek Sherrod | OL | Mississippi State

Versatile enough to fill a number of roles on an injury-prone offensive line.

32. Green Bay Packers

Cameron Heyward | DE | Ohio State

The Packers must continue adding depth at the five-technique position.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Au4PSTKjDmL0VU1kr9qx4LE5nYcB?slug=pfw-20110208_2011_mock_draft_10

Wow...now everyone is on Von Miller jock. :TD:

Yeah that happens to alot of guys at the Senior Bowl. The NFL Draft, when you think about it is the most ridiculous thing. Then again it's one of the great things, guys will drop and fall from now and until April

That's a little early for a guard, isn't it? Or is Pouncey that good?

I also have question regarding this dude. I'm starting to think just because his brother is all pro, all the draft guys are jumping on this dude in hope he can mimic his brother. But if he's so great, why was his brother playing Center while he's playing guard? Why couldn't he come out for the draft the same year along with his bro? Why he moved to Center afterward?

On another hand, their Agent probably though if both comes out to the draft, one won't be drafted as high. Still, i would rather have the first Pouncey than the second. Like what Ricky Bobby say " if you ain't first, you're last"...

I'm not even commenting on the player--but considering that guards/centers usually begin to disappear in the very late first/early second round, picking one up at #19 doesn't seem to be all that great an idea. We picked Snee up in the early second, after all.

Usually, that's tackle territory in the draft.

I also have question regarding this dude. I'm starting to think just because his brother is all pro, all the draft guys are jumping on this dude in hope he can mimic his brother. But if he's so great, why was his brother playing Center while he's playing guard? Why couldn't he come out for the draft the same year along with his bro? Why he moved to Center afterward?

On another hand, their Agent probably though if both comes out to the draft, one won't be drafted as high. Still, i would rather have the first Pouncey than the second. Like what Ricky Bobby say " if you ain't first, you're last"...

from what im gathering he really isn't even all that good. Didn't handle the move to center all that well and wasn't a great guard before that.

Wow, sounds like a certain goofy white guy that we have at QB....

I am not high on this Pouncey, his brother Maurkice is already one of the best C's in the NFL and if C's won ROY awards he probably deserved it more then anybody. Mike didn't play well at C where he replaced Maurkice at Florida he had trouble getting the snap to the Qb and before that wasn't real good playing next to Maurkice at G. I am not sure why everyone has him so high, especially in a guard heavy class. We can get John Moffitt who I like better in round 3 or 4.

You know I've been watching some of the draft shows and quite a few experts are saying this years draft is going to be one of the best for O-line and D-line. Obviously we are set at D-line but I would have no problem with us taken a round one offensive lineman, someone who can come in and help anchor down the line.

It's unfortunate though, I hear much like last years draft the LB pool of talent is kinda weak with only a couple true top 20 pick LBs in this draft. I wouldn't mind seeing a draft that went much like.

1st: O-line (guard or left tackle)

2nd: Strong side LB

3rd: RB, maybe one of those "potential" players who can turn out to be our starter or just a backup.

4th-7th: Another TE to back up Boss (who will be back). A safety/corner project. Another center someone who can work on as O'hara's back up and a DE because more then likely Kiwi is gone.