SportsWrath

Wish list.

Sephiroth

It would take a first, a second this year and a first round pick next year to even trade into the top 10 let alone the top 5.

Besides, he already has more hype around him the Tim "Love me some Jesus" Tebow and Mark Sanchez combines so in all likelihood he will be a flop.

Don't bet on it.

Don't bet on it.

I dont know ever year there is a player the media dubs "the next great" and compare him to others and 8/10 they turn out to be only decent in their careers.

Although watching footage of this guy he does look like even if he bombs as a DB he can make up for it with his return game.

It would take a first, a second this year and a first round pick next year to even trade into the top 10 let alone the top 5.

Besides, he already has more hype around him the Tim "Love me some Jesus" Tebow and Mark Sanchez combines so in all likelihood he will be a flop.

I wasnt fully serious.. lol

I do love the kids potential though, looks like he will be a STUD

Well, I guess he was a bit of a disappointment with the 4.5 forty. How about my boy Julio Jones, Bigblue! Ran a 4.39 forty! At his 6'3", 220, incredible. Plus, I believe he was tops out of all WRs in the broad jump. All this and he did it on a fractured foot! Seriously Bigblue, you have to bow down to THAT! He's an athletic monster! :WS:

I will say this, Russ Lande from the Sporting News recognized Titus Young as a combine "winner":

The Sporting News

I do however, have to question the merit of an article that doesn't mention Jones as a combine winner, when he blew everyone away. He also didn't mention Marcell Dareus who was simply ridiculous, and may have moved past Nick Fairley... and if I were to do a mock draft today, I'd have Dareus going to the Carolina Panthers number one right now.

BTW, a guy nobody has mentioned who opened up a lot of eyes at the combine was Dontay Moch, DE out of Nevada. Guy ran a 4.44 forty for a guy who's 6'2", 248 lbs. That is an athletic FREAK. Here's what Frank Tadych of NFL.com had to say about him:

NFL.com

Gawd if the Giants were to draft him and put him at the strongside, can you imagine? A guy who could run like that, rush the passer, and stay with ANY Tight End, no problem. Someone to watch for sure.

I have Jones ahead of Green, now.

I have Jones ahead of Green, now.

Well, I still have Green ahead of Jones but only because of the surgery situation with his foot. I think between the two of them, you can't go wrong. Either way you're going to get a special receiver.

I think the Giants aren't really going to get great value at 19. I wouldn't mind it if they were able to trade down a few spots and pick up and extra 2nd rounder, where I believe there is going to be great value.

Well, I still have Green ahead of Jones but only because of the surgery situation with his foot. I think between the two of them, you can't go wrong. Either way you're going to get a special receiver.

I think the Giants aren't really going to get great value at 19. I wouldn't mind it if they were able to trade down a few spots and pick up and extra 2nd rounder, where I believe there is going to be great value.

That could happen, I think we take Pouncey in round one. Sherrod probably will drop into early round two, If we could take both of them that would be a great future for our oline. I think Jones goes tenth to Washington which means if that happens, hes in our division. He's not ranked that low, but the top nine teams don't have pressing need at WR. Cleveland could go WR with 6, I think they need a DT or DE more though and Fairley could be there, also Robert Quinn. They can wait until round two and get Young.

And I have no idea who they are :)

The top two WR's in this draft, Nas. AJ Green from Georgia, and Julio Jones from Alabama. Both are physical freaks and will probably have the impact of Dez Bryant or Calvin Johnson year one.

Bigblue25, I'm working on a full 1st round mock. I think I will be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the first 12 or 13 players I have going will go in some order, but they will go in the first 12-13 picks. After that, the talent that is left is mostly offensive linemen and defensive ends. So I think at 19, the best value that we can find that isn't a DE (who we will not be drafting in the 1st this year) is at OT. I can't imagine us drafting another Guard, with the plethora of Guards that we have on the team, and the quality of the OT's that will be there when we pick. In short, why draft a Guard at 19 and pay that kind of 1st round money when in all likelihood you can get a solid LT? Anyways, just thought I'd throw that in there.

• 1 year later...

2013 early wish list, since we have revised this thread

1.Ezekial Ansah DE BYU 6'6 270 pounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg2X0yktczc

Raw product, huge upside, similar to JPP, he also has a great story that was featured in a SI article, the next Zig thing

2.Kevin Minter ILB LSU 6'2 245

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RybIpxUVefo

He had 17 tackles and 2 sacks in that Florida game, 135 on the season, ask VG he hits anything that moves, he can also blitz(even though, he wasn't asked to do so at LSU) won team MVP on a team that features top 15 picks in Montgomery and Mingo.

3.Oday Aboushi OT Virginia 6'6 310

Has quickness to negate speed rushers, improved run blocking this year. a young OT is much needed, he would be good fit and can play LT or RT, could be a steal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrIIBo7L0cg

4.Jordan Hill DT Penn St 6'1 292

6.Blaize Foltz C/G TCU 6'4 310

12/1/12: Foltz has really blocked well for TCU. He has done his part to keep a clean pocket and open up running lanes.

8/24/12: Foltz, a first-year starter, was a First-Team All-Mountain West pick in 2011. He played right guard and was very consistent for the Horned Frogs. TCU averaged 208.6 yards per game on the ground with over 440 yards per game in total offense. The line also allowed on average only one sack per game.

Foltz should stay at guard as a senior. He could be a sleeper pick who is nice value early on the third day of the draft.

http://walterfootbal...draft2013OG.php

7.Dustin Hopkins K Florida St.

Free agents:Brandon Moore G, Sam Shields CB, resign KP. Boley,Webster,Baas and a host of others see ya later.

I don't really see the point in bringing back a constantly injured, bad wheeled, Kenny Phillips. He's going to demand starter money when it was clear that Stevie Brown completely outplayed him. Brown was everything we were hoping Phillips would be. And I don't believe for a second that the plays that Brown may or may not have been at fault for, would have ended up differently with Phillips back there. Just my opinion...but guys like Will Hill and Tyler Sash are ready for more prominent Nickel and Dime roles.

And I think with the right supporting cast, Boley should stay. Blackburn should stay. Kiwanuka should finally be moved to the line so he can put his hand on the ground every play. I've never seen a more underutilized talent than Kiwanuka....and that replaces Osi Umenyiora.

I don't really see the point in bringing back a constantly injured, bad wheeled, Kenny Phillips. He's going to demand starter money when it was clear that Stevie Brown completely outplayed him. Brown was everything we were hoping Phillips would be. And I don't believe for a second that the plays that Brown may or may not have been at fault for, would have ended up differently with Phillips back there. Just my opinion...but guys like Will Hill and Tyler Sash are ready for more prominent Nickel and Dime roles.

I do like what I see in Hill and he can also play CB. Brown is also a FA, restricted though. I'd. like to see KP back, he negates the big plays when healthy, he plays deep middle and that helps Rolle roam around more. Would like to see Blackburn back, still need to draft a sideline to sideline instinctive mlb. Like Williams, he definently starts on the outsidr next year.

Well said bb25. Nobody relizes KPs importance and the job that he does.

Yeah, until you realize Stevie Brown comes in and has more interceptions and impact on the game in what, 12 games, than Kenny Phillips did his entire career of playing 6 games a season. Definitely an expendable Giant.

INTs don't tell the whole story. You should know that. Brown is a liability deep. Phillips is not. Webster loves KP.

Webster is the liability deep, of course he'd love the one-dimensional, center-fielder that is Kenny Phillips. And I completely disagree with that assessment. Brown is the far better safety, his play proved it, and he's going to cost far less to bring back. And he plays an entire season.

I didn't even factor in the 100 fumbles he forced and recovered this season.

You guys can go by what-ifs all day, fact is, you can't honestly sit there and say that some of those big plays wouldn't have happened if Kenny Phillips was in. I can, and will, honestly say that with Phillips out, we had the ballhawk safety that Phillips was supposed to be. The stats prove it. Besides, you can teach over-the-top safety help. You can't teach ballhawking.

I can't even think of one glaring example where Stevie Brown was out of position, though he was pretty piss-poor at tackling yesterday.

And I think with the right supporting cast, Boley should stay. Blackburn should stay. Kiwanuka should finally be moved to the line so he can put his hand on the ground every play. I've never seen a more underutilized talent than Kiwanuka....and that replaces Osi Umenyiora.

Agree 100%...

Webster is the liability deep, of course he'd love the one-dimensional, center-fielder that is Kenny Phillips. And I completely disagree with that assessment. Brown is the far better safety, his play proved it, and he's going to cost far less to bring back. And he plays an entire season.

I didn't even factor in the 100 fumbles he forced and recovered this season.

Bump...Webster love KP because he covers his deficiencies at the expense of his own position...