SportsWrath

Giants Free Agents

Mr. P

Boss, Bradshaw, Co....hell every one of the ones you want back are going to want more than they are worth.

Steve Smith and Cofield are worth every penny. Pascoe and Grant will probably be value signings as to they probably won't be picked up anywhere else....not to start anyway.

Boss and Bradshaw because I don't want to waste any draft picks on either of these positions....the fact is, though, we really do need to at running back.

Steve Smith and Cofield are worth every penny. Pascoe and Grant will probably be value signings as to they probably won't be picked up anywhere else....not to start anyway.

Boss and Bradshaw because I don't want to waste any draft picks on either of these positions....the fact is, though, we really do need to at running back.

Smith is going to have or has already had micro fracture sugary, As far as athletic performance goes I don't know of a surgery that is more detrimental.

Cofield does a great job. But a high energy DT, and that is all he is,....well you can replace that. Find some young kid and motivate him. Same talent level? Doubtful. Which is why you bully Cofield into a team friendly deal.

Honestly if I were a team owner I would be go full scale bully on my talent. The NFL is so open in terms of talent that if you have proven yourself you can get a contract, but given the labor situation anything is possible.

treated him?

how exactly did we treat him?

He should have been signed this year to good contract extension but as usual the Giants cheaped on him. The CBA is a bullshit excuse and now he got injured. This is why players sit out when teams don't pay and Smith deserved better.

Who I'd to have back here:

OL Kevin Boothe - very servicable backup, and we're getting older... injuries are hitting the line.

TE Kevin Boss - would be a superstar on any other team, but Eli doesn't look to his TEs for some reason... but don't pay top dollar.

RB Ahmad Bradshaw - I'm actually on the fence about him. Fumbles lose you games, but I love his tenacity.

DT Barry Cofield - underrated player on the line; hope we can get him back as Coefield and Joseph on the inside sounds nasty.

S Deon Grant - not many years left in the tank, but he was arguably the secondary's best playmaker this year.

DE Mathias Kiwanuka - yeah, I know we have 100 DEs... but he was leading the league in sacks before he got hurt, he's always said and done the right things, and "you can never have too many pass rushers."

TE Bear Pascoe - possibly my favorite Giant right now. Longshot to make the team, takes advantage of injuries in preseason, works his ass off, plays out of position (and plays BETTER than Matty Hedgecock)... he's a fullback/Hback/TE now that can actually run and catch. Underrated guy, we need him and can probably get him for cheap. Plus he has a cool name.

LB Chase Blackburn - greatest linebacker in the history of the game.

WR Steve Smith - I don't just want this guy on the squad, we absolutely NEED him on it.

I agree with everything here accept Boss. The guy drops at least 2 big passes a game. Why would any QB keep throwing to him?

Oh and the Chase BB thing, lol.

He should have been signed this year to good contract extension but as usual the Giants cheaped on him. The CBA is a bullshit excuse and now he got injured. This is why players sit out when teams don't pay and Smith deserved better.

True. In the NFL you never know when it might be your last game. He should have demanded a big pay day while he was our best WR by far.

True. In the NFL you never know when it might be your last game. He should have demanded a big pay day while he was our best WR by far.

I also agree. If he dose sit out, think of the amount of people here calling for his head?? LOL. Yeah NFL is a double edge sword. You have guys like rocky Bernard that arent worth a dime then you have guys like Steve smith. I guess it's all about the fung shiu lol

With that said I believe Steve smith should get paid but the contract won't be as big If he were to sit out during the season. Because our front office are about what you can do for me tomorrow not what you done for me.

I also agree. If he dose sit out, think of the amount of people here calling for his head?? LOL. Yeah NFL is a double edge sword. You have guys like rocky Bernard that arent worth a dime then you have guys like Steve smith. I guess it's all about the fung shiu lol

With that said I believe Steve smith should get paid but the contract won't be as big If he were to sit out during the season. Because our front office are about what you can do for me tomorrow not what you done for me.

rocky bernard was actually pretty good this year.

maybe smith will come real cheap cuz of his injury?

i dont know, i really love the well-roundedness of our wr corps with smith as the classic possession/3rd down guy, manningham as the deep threat and nicks as the all-around playmaker. nicks can make the important possession catches too but i'd rather not send one of the best wr's in football over the middle so much

maybe smith will come real cheap cuz of his injury?

i dont know, i really love the well-roundedness of our wr corps with smith as the classic possession/3rd down guy, manningham as the deep threat and nicks as the all-around playmaker. nicks can make the important possession catches too but i'd rather not send one of the best wr's in football over the middle so much

eli almost completely stopped throwing over the middle when nicks got hurt.

yeah and we saw what happened the few times he did with manningham and boss.

the comebackers and back shoulder plays to nicks are nice and all but against the blitz we need someone we can rely on to catch a quick pass over the middle and with the way eli throws it sometimes i'd rather not leave nicks vulnerable out there--lord knows he gets banged up enough as it is.

if we dont bring back smith i'd really like to put some effort into a TE we can rely on to at least be half of what smith was on 3rd down.

i was hoping beckham could eventually be that guy but i'd like to think he'd be more involved with the offense by now if that were the case. it's not like we have antonio gates in his way

yeah and we saw what happened the few times he did with manningham and boss.

the comebackers and back shoulder plays to nicks are nice and all but against the blitz we need someone we can rely on to catch a quick pass over the middle and with the way eli throws it sometimes i'd rather not leave nicks vulnerable out there--lord knows he gets banged up enough as it is.

if we dont bring back smith i'd really like to put some effort into a TE we can rely on to at least be half of what smith was on 3rd down.

i was hoping beckham could eventually be that guy but i'd like to think he'd be more involved with the offense by now if that were the case. it's not like we have antonio gates in his way

I'd love to get guys like Gronkowski and Hernandez.

I'd love to see us keep Kiwanuka but there is little to no incentive for HIM if he stays. This team isn't on the cusp of a championship, at least IMO, and he would be making more and STARTING elsewhere.

The only thing about Kiwi that I think is that Kiwi might just want to try another team because he's been flat out of luck here. Switched to LB, injured and missed the superbowl and then has to play a numbers game the last few years. He starts for so many other teams and frankly, the possible superbowl contender tag is gone now. He would do a lot of damage with another team, frankly he'd be great for a team ready to take the next step, like the Lions, 49ers, Rams etc.

If he's gone, then Tollefson would be easier to sign, but again, for the same money level, he can go elsewhere and play more.

JPP is a huge factor here. He just changes the dynamic, the guy has got to get more reps next year. I believe we have a keeper with this guy.

Thing about Boothe is, between now and nnext year, can he replace anyone on the line. Right now, not really, and chances are that if Diehl gets moved, then Beatty moves to the left. It's going to be hard to convince a free agent to stay to battle for a spot, he'll get playing time elsewhwere.

Speaking of Boothe, aside from this year, the dude was terrible. I'm not sure we should put our stock in him based on this year's performance.

LB Keith Bulluck Fuck off old man. You did NOTHING.

I don't know man.. think of Osi the season after his knee surgery was it? Usually if not always that first season back would suck for any player. And it's not like we're stacked at LB. Resign him for a reasonable amount... worst he can be is a very good back up.

Exactly and a true case on how nice guys finish last. He left several million on the table unless the Giants do the right thing; which is doubtful.