SportsWrath

Should Seubert stay put at Center?

JMFP

Frankly, I'm a little worried about putting a rusty O'Hara back in, since Seubert has pretty much kicked ass at Center.

I don't think this is as ridiculous as others apparently. We were talking about this a couple of nights ago at the bar.

Seubert is really the guy that has held this line together all year and we are rolling in the running game.

Both Andrews and O'hara have practiced ( limited ) so far this week and the win over the Vikings gave us breathing room for the wild card. Why not let these guys share snaps in the heavy package and work them in to shape.

I don't think this is as ridiculous as others apparently. We were talking about this a couple of nights ago at the bar.

Seubert is really the guy that has held this line together all year and we are rolling in the running game.

Both Andrews and O'hara have practiced ( limited ) so far this week and the win over the Vikings gave us breathing room for the wild card. Why not let these guys share snaps in the heavy package and work them in to shape.

That's pretty much my point, too......we've been killing people in the run game, and have given up 1 sack in the past six games (?).....and that sack was Diehl's - another guy who has been sitting out.

Yes, at 100%, O'Hara is a great center. But I'm worried about rushing a guy back that is coming off a nasty, lingering foot problem. I don't think he's 100% game ready.....and after watching what happened with Smith, I'm just concerned about bringing guys back too quickly if the need isn't there.

I'd like to see him suit up, and be active for the game, but beyond that, I just don't know.

Frankly, I'm a little worried about putting a rusty O'Hara back in, since Seubert has pretty much kicked ass at Center.

You know, for about a decade, Seubert has really been the unsung heart and soul of this team.

He arrived as an undrafted free agent with a longshot to make the team. He not only made the team, he kicked Keith Hamilton's lazy ass in the process.

He sustained a career threatening leg injury. He worked himself back into shape through IMMENSE pain and became a starter again.

He had his job threatened by the arrival of Barry Stokes, David Diehl, William Beatty, Shawn Andrews, etc... but he keeps fighting and consistently holds onto the starting job.

Most importantly, he's mean, doesn't back down, and takes NO shit from nobody... and can really, really play.

I say keep him in as long as possible.

You know, for about a decade, Seubert has really been the unsung heart and soul of this team.

He arrived as an undrafted free agent with a longshot to make the team. He not only made the team, he kicked Keith Hamilton's lazy ass in the process.

He sustained a career threatening leg injury. He worked himself back into shape through IMMENSE pain and became a starter again.

He had his job threatened by the arrival of Barry Stokes, David Diehl, William Beatty, Shawn Andrews, etc... but he keeps fighting and consistently holds onto the starting job.

Most importantly, he's mean, doesn't back down, and takes NO shit from nobody... and can really, really play.

I say keep him in as long as possible.

putting ohara back at center wouldnt be taking seubert off the field though.

O'hara is an all pro center. Seuber is good at center but would be better off going back to his old spot. Think of the upgrade we get once o'hara comes back. It'll give Eli more time to throw since Smith is out.

I AGREELeave the damm line as is until it needs fixing

The guy is rusty, he admits his foot still hurts, and we do not need him- why change anything

The O line is all about chemistry....let him sit til hes 100%..........at least dont change up against the hated Eagles

What are we looking for here Avg 20 yds per carry instead of 10??????

this is the kind of stuff Coughlin does that drives me out of my mind :furious:

Putting your starting center back in? Cmon Jack, Seubert can slide over to guard and Boothe can take a seat. But I am impressed with the job Kevin Boothe has been doing.

Ohara admitted hes still not healed and this is the best the Oline has looked since Tiki was here

I don't think you do it this week............do it next week

I agree....if he says he's ready, fine he can suit up....but unless he's 100%, I'm concerned about bouncing Boothe out....the kid has done a great job.

Answer: Yes.

Yeah because our first meeting the 66 yards rushing with 22 of them coming from Eli was might impressive with Suebert at center.

This game we had 100+ yards rushing with all of them from our RBs not to mention Eli had a much better game passing.

But yeah people are right it's much better to have Suebert out there, maybe those 66 yards would of gotten us a win.

Yeah because our first meeting the 66 yards rushing with 22 of them coming from Eli was might impressive with Suebert at center.

This game we had 100+ yards rushing with all of them from our RBs not to mention Eli had a much better game passing.

But yeah people are right it's much better to have Suebert out there, maybe those 66 yards would of gotten us a win.

Yes, because he clearly didn't play like he was 100%.