SportsWrath

Vick acts like whiny punk

hlb37

I read this quote in Peter kings Monday SI Piece.

Michael Vick on the succession of hits he's taken (which, by the way, I don't see the same way he does), to WIP radio: "I'm getting hit after I throw the ball, repeatedly. I'm getting my facemask pulled, I'm getting hit in the head. The calls are not being made. I see other quarterbacks standing in the pocket, and the minute they get touched, there's a flag on the field. This has been happening [to me] the last four or five weeks. I haven't complained, but it's getting to the point where I'm tired of getting off the canvas.''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/12/05/monday-morning-qb-week-13/2.html#ixzz17QkueACH

I know Reid has been complaining to the league as well but i don't mind that. A head coach should lobby for his guys.

To me though, this makes Vick look like a little bitch. I hope DEs, Safeties and LBs around the league read this and react like bulls before a red flag

It comes with the job dog-killer. In particular a player like yourself who extends plays beyond what pocket passers would do. You should feel luck Goodell let you back into the league.

Exactly. You leave the pocket and you're a Running Back. None of the pansy QB protection rules should apply.

Exactly. You leave the pocket and you're a Running Back. None of the pansy QB protection rules should apply.

Exactly and I am sure this is why he isn't getting roughing calls. Once you start running around learn to slide or get hit.

I like Vick, hope he wins MVP and then goes on to sign a 70 Million dollar contract in the off season with Minnesota or the Titans.

The guy served his time and is obviously the figure all of America needs to show that regardless of what you do you should be allowed to have a second chance.

It comes with the job dog-killer. In particular a player like yourself who extends plays beyond what pocket passers would do. You should feel luck Goodell let you back into the league.

yes, the Rapist is getting some of that treatment as well, also deserved.

What would be the classy thing to say? That, all is forgiven. He paid his dues. Everyone deserves a second chance?

the dog wouldn't go that far, but wishing injury of any kind, let alone the severing of a spine, does speak to character (not his in this case, but...). hey, talk to the kid from rutgers who is still in a hospital bed from breaking his spine, the dog is sure he would be thrilled to hear from you...

I like Vick but telling the world what bothers you is not a good idea...........unless the Eagles deploy the 7 blocks of Granite Vick is going to have a hard day in 2 weeks........he is going to get hit a lot....maybe this announcement is the Eagles way of warning the league about what we have planned for them

Its things like this that make you understand where Parcells, Bellechick, and Coughlin are coming from...........never open your mouth (Rex Ryan) and show your hand :confused:

the dog wouldn't go that far, but wishing injury of any kind, let alone the severing of a spine, does speak to character (not his in this case, but...). hey, talk to the kid from rutgers who is still in a hospital bed from breaking his spine, the dog is sure he would be thrilled to hear from you...

but what? My character, right? I am not going to apologize for what I said. What does this have to do with this kid from Rutgers? Because I said "severe spine"? He didn't deserve anything he got. And Vick, all is forgiven...

but what? My character, right? I am not going to apologize for what I said. What does this have to do with this kid from Rutgers? Because I said "severe spine"? He didn't deserve anything he got. And Vick, all is forgiven...

well, it's just that when your hope is that someone will have their spine severed, the dog would argue that statements like that do not speak well of one's character, especially during a time when significant football injuries are at an all time high, such as the rutgers player who is currently hoping for the chance to maybe, possibly, someday take a step or two in his life.

nobody needs to forgive vick for what he did. that is a personal choice and dispicable. it didn't go unpunished, and he has conducted himself appropriately since, but he still doesn't earn the pass for being forgiven. but he doesn't deserve debilitating injury or any kind either. funny, when eagle fans cheered for the career ending injury that michael irvin suffered on their turf, everybody rightfully so spoke about the true character of the fans that did that...maybe, just maybe, wishing that type of injury on some athlete, any athlete, falls under the same category...maybe.

We all know Irvin didn't deserve that from Eagles fans but also Irvin didn't kill helpless animals for enjoyment. He did some questionable things after his career but that that's besides the point.

Haha Blu, I will just change his display name. I am only kidding Dog. I promise :)

We all know Irvin didn't deserve that from Eagles fans but also Irvin didn't kill helpless animals for enjoyment. He did some questionable things after his career but that that's besides the point.

Haha Blu, I will just change his display name. I am only kidding Dog. I promise :)

irvin didn't deserve it. no player deserves that. nor is it ok to wish a severed spine on an anyone. the dog doesn't condone vick's actions in the least, but again, that is besides the point as well...

I like Vick but telling the world what bothers you is not a good idea...........unless the Eagles deploy the 7 blocks of Granite Vick is going to have a hard day in 2 weeks........he is going to get hit a lot....maybe this announcement is the Eagles way of warning the league about what we have planned for them

Its things like this that make you understand where Parcells, Bellechick, and Coughlin are coming from...........never open your mouth (Rex Ryan) and show your hand :confused:

your right this could be a page from the Colts, different situation but they whined and moaned about the NE CB's harrassing the WR's then next time they played. Pass Interference NE got called about every time Peyton threw it. I hope they don't get the refs in their backpocket and we get a ton of roughing the passer calls.

yes, it did go unpunished. he was convicted of dog fighting conspiracy charges.... NOT MURDER. The worthless fuckbag can drop dead.

the dog doesn't disagree that it was hideous and disgusting. but he was punished based on what the law states. he served his time. doesn't mean anyone should wish significant injury or death on someone. that was the point in all of this...

the dog doesn't disagree that it was hideous and disgusting. but he was punished based on what the law states. he served his time. doesn't mean anyone should wish significant injury or death on someone. that was the point in all of this...

Significant death or injury? Like being shot, or electricuted to death for losing a dog fight? Vick isnt a man, he is a monster.

Significant death or injury? Like being shot, or electricuted to death for losing a dog fight? Vick isnt a man, he is a monster.

funny thing, plaxico burress commits a crime that by the luck of the angle, didn't kill another human being, and people argue he should not be punished as per the law. christian peters rapes a woman, and some here argued that it was fine to sign him, and in fact the giants were "trying to help" the poor misguided lad by counseling him. odd double standards we hold. you may not like it, but vick served time outlined by the law. the dog wouldn't support him, and certainly wouldn't condone it. but the dog wouldn't wish paralysis on anybody. what vick did was dispicable.