SportsWrath

Vick acts like whiny punk

hlb37

funny thing, plaxico burress commits a crime that by the luck of the angle, didn't kill another human being, and people argue he should not be punished as per the law. christian peters rapes a woman, and some here argued that it was fine to sign him, and in fact the giants were "trying to help" the poor misguided lad by counseling him. odd double standards we hold. you may not like it, but vick served time outlined by the law. the dog wouldn't support him, and certainly wouldn't condone it. but the dog wouldn't wish paralysis on anybody. what vick did was dispicable.

I personally don't think it's right that Burress served more time than Vick for something, that, like you said, could have harmed another individual, but was a fairly innocent mistake that in actuality resulted in no one's harm but his own. People forget that Sean Taylor had been murdered the year before and his own teammate, Steve Smith, had been robbed at gunpoint several weeks before the incident. There was a reason for Burress to be carrying a weapon. You have high profile athletes out in public (which during the season is kind of stupid, and in my opinion setting yourself up for trouble, but that is a story for another day) who are concerned about their own safety given recent circumstances who simply made a mistake by not registering the weapon. There was no sinister motive or intent to do any harm. Vick knowingly and willingly used proceeds from his NFL career to fund a brutal and despicable dogfighting ring in which he personally slayed innocent animals who didn't perform. The two don't even compare and yet Vick didn't even serve his full sentence.

funny thing, plaxico burress commits a crime that by the luck of the angle, didn't kill another human being, and people argue he should not be punished as per the law. christian peters rapes a woman, and some here argued that it was fine to sign him, and in fact the giants were "trying to help" the poor misguided lad by counseling him. odd double standards we hold. you may not like it, but vick served time outlined by the law. the dog wouldn't support him, and certainly wouldn't condone it. but the dog wouldn't wish paralysis on anybody. what vick did was dispicable.

Im not of the opinion that any of these guys should get away with thier crimes. I hold no double standard.

Textbook example just happened where Vick would be pissed that no flag was thrown. He was running and just before he got out of bounds he was pushed. Of course if it was any other QB it would be thrown because those QBs wouldn't be fighting for an extra yard. Vick being the runner he is goes for the extra yard and gets contact.

Textbook example just happened where Vick would be pissed that no flag was thrown. He was running and just before he got out of bounds he was pushed. Of course if it was any other QB it would be thrown because those QBs wouldn't be fighting for an extra yard. Vick being the runner he is goes for the extra yard and gets contact.

Reid bitching about it was classic. A legal hit, in bounds, and the guy has a fucking hernia on the sidelines.

after the replay there were two helmets to helmets. the second one is worth throwing the flag over i guess cuz it was a little late, but the first one was clearly incidental and vick still had the ball and that's the hit they threw the flag on

I hate to repeat what others have already said but when Vick leaves the pocket the officials view it differently. Brady or Eli or insert pocket passer name going out of the pocket to run they are still in the minds of the officials a quarterback. Vick leaving the pocket and running he becomes a legit target because of his skills. Can't have it both way Dog Killer.

after the replay there were two helmets to helmets. the second one is worth throwing the flag over i guess cuz it was a little late, but the first one was clearly incidental and vick still had the ball and that's the hit they threw the flag on

And you can definitely argue that he hit him in the sternum and his helmet rode up with the momentum of the hit as he was taking him to the turf....the second one looked sort of like the guy was being blocked into Vick, too....

looks like his whining worked. that was the worst roughing the passer call i've ever seen

Yeah, they have to serious rework that "helmet-to-helmet" rule this offseason. I don't see how contact with the bottom of the facemask constitutes a concussion risk. If the helmet first makes contact with the chest/back/shoulder it should be all clear.

Yeah, they have to serious rework that "helmet-to-helmet" rule this offseason. I don't see how contact with the bottom of the facemask constitutes a concussion risk. If the helmet first makes contact with the chest/back/shoulder it should be all clear.

What they need to do is institute a rule where the quarterback wears a pink jersey and skirt... maybe a tu-tu. That way D-linemen will think twice before hitting them.

Well, except maybe Christian Peter.

What they need to do is institute a rule where the quarterback wears a pink jersey and skirt... maybe a tu-tu. That way D-linemen will think twice before hitting them.

Well, except maybe Christian Peter.

Maybe they could just put some flags on the QB's waist because that's basically where they're taking the rules anyway.

Running QGs like Vick ......or guys that can take a shot like Ben R. can't have it both ways. They dont' get to say "I'm not being protected the way the refs protect Brady"......cause the moment they get a "in the grasp sack" they toss a TD off of.....they'll be bitching that they aren't like other QBs and the blew the whistle too early.

For that reason Defensive players can't pull up.

If Brady is running the DB knows that unless its 3rd and short or 4th down...that number 12 is going to hit the deck or get out of bounds 100% of the time when they get close......so they pull up cause the know they are looking at penalty if they lower the boom.

They don't have that assurance with Vick..in fact....they know he is going to try and burn them.

C. Wagon

Running QGs like Vick ......or guys that can take a shot like Ben R. can't have it both ways. They dont' get to say "I'm not being protected the way the refs protect Brady"......cause the moment they get a "in the grasp sack" they toss a TD off of.....they'll be bitching that they aren't like other QBs and the blew the whistle too early.

For that reason Defensive players can't pull up.

If Brady is running the DB knows that unless its 3rd and short or 4th down...that number 12 is going to hit the deck or get out of bounds 100% of the time when they get close......so they pull up cause the know they are looking at penalty if they lower the boom.

They don't have that assurance with Vick..in fact....they know he is going to try and burn them.

C. Wagon

Excellent point.