SportsWrath

Brandon Jacobs

Sephiroth

NEW YORK (WFAN/AP) – Embattled Giants RB Brandon Jacobs will meet with GM Jerry Reese on Monday and request to be traded, reports Vinny DiTrani of the Bergen Record.

DiTrani first posted the news via Twitter.

“According to a source, Brandon Jacobs will meet with Giants management today and ask to be traded. Might not be a bad idea for both sides,” tweeted DiTrani.

The report comes just one day after an embarrassing moment for Jacobs in Sunday’s loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

LISTEN: Jacobs On The Helmet Incident

Jacobs, who has lost his starting position to Ahmad Bradshaw, apparently tried to throw his helmet down, but instead, it flew into the stands. Security personnel had to retrieve the helmet from the fans while Jacobs appeared to be explaining to coach Tom Coughlin what happened.

“I was frustrated and went to throw it down on the ground, and it got caught on my finger and went into (the stands),” he said. “I apologize for that. It was frustration on my part.”

Jacobs had three carries for 8 yards in the first half and had just one rush for no yards in the third period. It was just one of many things that went wrong for the Giants in the 38-14 loss.

Coughlin said he didn’t see the incident.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

yeah mike g said to hold up on the trade demand rumors as he was getting different reports, so im gonna wait for mike g since hes the giants guy i trust the most.

plus we only have ware behind jacobs and bradshaw and all 3 always get injured.

Giving our shitty offensive gameplan, I can understand Jacob's frustration.

Killdrive apparently felt it was much better to have the Colt's lightning-quick defenders clobber Eli Manning than take on our 265 lb running back.

Killdrive apparently felt it was much better to have the Colt's lightning-quick defenders clobber Eli Manning than take on our 265 lb running back.

I'm not sure the game plan exists that will make Jacobs look good. Even little guys can trip him up easily. I predict he won't even be in the league in another year or two. Hope he invested wisely.

Anybody know if, with the collective bargaining situation, we're still on the hook for his whole contract? I know there was a window when we could have walked away from it. Given the opportunity at this point, you'd have to believe we'd RUN away from it!

I'm more angry about the play before the tantrum. He had a nice hole opened for him by the line and he ran away from a DB who was half his size. I was very pro-Jacobs before that but he lost my support with that play.

my thought was that someone on the bench pointed that out to him and that's when he went ballistic.

Yeah it's Gillys fault Jacobs has become the new Ron Dayne.

Jerry trade the guy and get what we can for him, he's done.

Adam_Schefter

Giants RB Brandon Jacobs is unhappy in NY -- no secret. But he has not requested a trade at this time, nor is NY willing to deal him.

Problem is, who'd want him? Giants can give us the standard company line - that he's a productive player and an important part of the team - all they want. What the hell else are they going to say? But if anybody offered anything for him at this point, he'd be gone in a meadowlands minute!

Yeah it's Gillys fault Jacobs has become the new Ron Dayne.

Jerry trade the guy and get what we can for him, he's done.

I don't think that is an accurate assessment....Jacobs has been mothballed since pre-season.

I like Bradshaw alot, but Jacobs should have tested the stoutness of the Colts run defense. The Texans fucking killed the colts with their running game, which featured lead blocking.

I guess Killdrive figures that Hedgecock's just a swing pass weapon.

Instead, we had speed (Bradshaw) against speed, and kept Jacobs and Hedgecock on the sidelines.

Shitty job on the offensive gameplan.

I don't think that is an accurate assessment....Jacobs has been mothballed since pre-season.

I like Bradshaw alot, but Jacobs should have tested the stoutness of the Colts run defense. The Texans fucking killed the colts with their running game, which featured lead blocking.

I guess Killdrive figures that Hedgecock's just a swing pass weapon.

Instead, we had speed (Bradshaw) against speed, and kept Jacobs and Hedgecock on the sidelines.

Shitty job on the offensive gameplan.

Jacobs did test the Colts D, by running parallel to the line of scrimmage then falling over. Jacobs had five attempts to show he could run the ball and he simply couldn't do anything, Bradshaw was the RB atleast making plays.

It's tough to trade a RB when we only have 3 on the roster... and all 3 have a history of injuries. it's not happening. i'd be more concerned about our piss poor OL and lack of a TE than I would a back-up, uncontent RB. You can't even get on Killdrive for this. our O, and presently constructed, is simply not that good.

I gave Jacobs a pass last year, injuries and all that...but he's shown nothing this year to indicate he's worth having on the roster. He seems to hurt the team more with his mental lapses than anything he could possibly add, especially not when he's running away from guys who he outweighs by 60 pounds.

Crap performance by the Giants all the way around. The game plan on both sides of the ball was an unmitigated disaster.. fast, undersized defense?....lets try an end around!!! Our tackles can't handle defensive ends?...lets pass without giving the tackles any help. They can't handle a power running game?...spread it out, and run a delayed hand-off. Smart!

At least the defense adjusted, although it took them a few drives longer than it would have taken me to get the base defense back in there after I saw they were running at will. I didn't have as much problem with what they were doing, in theory...problem is the Giants didn't have the personnel to run the Indy-specific scheme. Should have gone strong at strong instead of reinventing the defense for just one week.

Jacobs did test the Colts D, by running parallel to the line of scrimmage then falling over. Jacobs had five attempts to show he could run the ball and he simply couldn't do anything, Bradshaw was the RB atleast making plays.

5 carries.

i'm sick of that fucking play. i'm also sick of always calling a run up the middle on 2nd and long.

Gilbride calls it so damn often but it's only successful about 10% of the time. I understand you need to have running plays from the shotgun to keep the D honest but I'd rather see them run a screen (gasp) than that fucking play.

I also wonder how many more seasons it will take to stop the delay-of-game penalties?

Gilbride calls it so damn often but it's only successful about 10% of the time. I understand you need to have running plays from the shotgun to keep the D honest but I'd rather see them run a screen (gasp) than that fucking play.

I also wonder how many more seasons it will take to stop the delay-of-game penalties?

We havent seen a good screen play since Tiki left.

And I have no idea what's up with the delay of game penalties, I hope Eli isnt going back to his "Omaha" stage.

We havent seen a good screen play since Tiki left.

And I have no idea what's up with the delay of game penalties, I hope Eli isnt going back to his "Omaha" stage.

I have to believe the calls/substitutions aren't coming in quick enough for him to make his adjustments.

stop trying to make this point. The dog has been making it for years but people see only what they want to see. he has been overrated since the day they first gave him the ball. the dog has maintained for years he is nothing more than the second coming of shockey, and well now, substitute helmut for cup of ice and you pretty much have the complete analogy in tact...

The delay of game penalties have been constant for years. I have no fucking idea how we get up to the line with 5 seconds on the play clock where other teams have 15. It kills any chance to audible and forces timeouts.

All in all, I still think we have a shot at the division, but damn, last night gives huge reasons for concern.

If this is the uncapped year, I'm all about cutting dead weight.