SportsWrath

Derrick Ward

Lughead

Did TB cut him?

Yes:

Bucs cut ties with Derrick Ward

The other shoe finally dropped on Derrick Ward in Tampa Bay.

It had been rumored over the last two weeks that Ward was in jeopardy of losing his roster spot, and Bucs coach Raheem Morris announced during his Tuesday news conference the veteran was one of three roster cuts.

“Every cut here is based on skill, that’s the only thing I can tell you,” Morris said of the decision to release the running back after only one season on a four-year, $17 million contract. ”We could be wrong. Derrick will go out there and try to prove us wrong. He should. … Hopefully he can go out there and prove me wrong and prove us wrong as an organization.”

After three underwhelming preseason performances and a warning shot from Morris, Ward fell behind Kareem Huggins as the primary backup to starter Cadillac Williams.

The Bucs also released WR Terrence Nunn and LB Jon Alston on Tuesday.

Linkaroo

much as id like to reunite Earth , Wind and Fire ..........Ward is injury prone , 30 +, coming off a really bad season in TB .....and has just lost the number 2 RB job there to some unknown undrafted free agent .........i think not Jerry !

Agreed. Move on.

Oh yes, for sentimental purposes it would be nice to get all these guys back, but so few of them make sense at all. Get Plaxico back for example. We need to get used to the fact we replace these guys who leave us and those who don't replace them properly get replaced by someone else.