SportsWrath

Hakeem Nicks Carted Off Field

Mr. P

Inside_Football

Hakeem Nicks appears to have suffered a knee injury + was carted to the locker room at the end of practice.

TheBlueScreen

I'm told he was holding his knee and that he rode cart from the practice field to the locker room, but that he was able to stand on it.

sageman01

Ronnie Barnes was fiddling with Nicks' knee as he was on his back, apparently in some pain. He was helped to his feet and walked to a cart.

Seriously what the fuck is with the Giants and their rookie WR's. Moss, Manningham now Nicks for fucks sake can't we draft one who isnt going to get injured and impede their progress on the field?

I hope he is ok, I know we still got Manningham but Nicks was poised to have a break out year.

The injuries to key players are mounting already... and this is what derailed us last year. Chad Jones in a car accident of all things, Hixon is done already w/o even making it to camp, and now Nicks. If it isn't apparent already, Nicks' is a HUGE piece in this offense. His production is not replaceable by anyone on this roster unless Barden makes a dynamic leap forward this season. This has the potential to be a devastating blow and we haven't even made it through the first week of camp. We need this guy if we have realistic aspirations of the playoffs this year.

It's just a shame... we've been dealing with so many critical injuries before the season or early in the season in recent years. Not just little sprains or bruises, but devastating injuries that really hamstring us personnel wise. Health is THE key factor this season... I pray to God that this injury doesn't keep Hakeem from suiting up week 1.

The injuries to key players are mounting already... and this is what derailed us last year. Chad Jones in a car accident of all things, Hixon is done already w/o even making it to camp, and now Nicks. If it isn't apparent already, Nicks' is a HUGE piece in this offense. His production is not replaceable by anyone on this roster unless Barden makes a dynamic leap forward this season. This has the potential to be a devastating blow and we haven't even made it through the first week of camp. We need this guy if we have realistic aspirations of the playoffs this year.

It's just a shame... we've been dealing with so many critical injuries before the season or early in the season in recent years. Not just little sprains or bruises, but devastating injuries that really hamstring us personnel wise. Health is THE key factor this season... I pray to God that this injury doesn't keep Hakeem from suiting up week 1.

Hiya Jim, how's everything. Are you back in the States?

Hakeem Nicks Heads To NY For Exam

ny_a_nicks01_200.jpg

ALBANY, N.Y. -- New York Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks will leave camp and head to Manhattan for further examination on his hyperextended right knee.

Nicks underwent an MRI on Tuesday night and the Giants are still gathering information on Nicks' knee. He will undergo another MRI in the city on Wednesday.

"We are still getting the test results," Giants general manager Jerry Reese said on Tuesday afternoon. "We are going to get a couple of different looks and we will send him to the city and have them take a look at it. We are hoping for the best."

Nicks injured his knee at the end of Tuesday's afternoon practice. Even though he was able to walk under his own power, he rode a cart from the field to the locker room. Shortly after the injury and prior to the MRI, a source said that the initial feeling about the injury was positive but nothing would be known until the tests results are in.

Nicks is a promising second-year receiver who could start opposite Steve Smith. "We are hoping it is just a hyperextended knee and that he will be OK but we said the same thing about (Domenik) Hixon," Reese said of the team's punt returner who suffered a season-ending ACL injury during the team's first practice at the New Meadowlands Stadium. "Until the test results are in I will reserve my comments."

The Giants sent center Shaun O'Hara to the Hospital for Special Surgery to have his swollen left ankle examined on Tuesday and they got good news after an MRI revealed no further damage and a chronic condition in his joint.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5437075

giantspathanlon

Hakeem Nicks is fine. MRIed last night in Albany, this AM in NYC at HSS and examined by Dr. Russ Warren. Everything checked out A-OK

2zdriw4.gif

Yes! I just read that somewher else. Im happy. Nicks will still be a superstar this yr. :) Haha......Nicks is tougher than Dez.....nanananaaaa...(in my little kid voice)

Nicks' Knee Is "A-OK," Giants Say

Ok, take a deep breath. The Giants dodged a bullet. Hakeem Nicks is “fine.”

That’s the official word from the team today after the 22-year-old underwent two MRIs and an examination down at the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan. They said that the MRI results and the exam “showed nothing out of the ordinary. In other words, Nicks’ knee is fine.”

Nicks hyper-extended his right knee at the end of yesterday’s practice. He had an MRI in Albany last night. Then this morning he was sent to Manhattan so the Giants could give him another MRI in the hopes of getting a higher quality picture of the knee. After that MRI, Dr. Warren examined him and the Giants said “everything checked out A-OK.”

The Giants have not said when Nicks will be able to return to practice. Presumably he’s still sore and they may give him a day or two to recover. Two teammates said they saw Nicks walking around last night and he seemed fine, but the Giants are likely to be cautious this early in camp - - especially since Nicks is already limited to one practice per day as he recovers from offseason toe surgery.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2010/08/nicks-knee-is-a-ok-giants-say.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss%2Fblogs%2Fgiants+%28Blogs%2FThe+Blue+Screen%29&utm_content=Twitter

saying he could be back to practice as early as tommorow.