SportsWrath

Seriously is Perry Felwell the answer?

JackStroud

I hope we are not going through another Johnny Lynn experiment

Does Perry have some fire in his belly?

When last years knucklehead announced he was going to coach from the booth and not run tricks on the D line I shuddered inside and saw a train wreck coming

Perry is a blank page to me.......has he commented on our D yet?

seriously, besides being african american, what do Johnny Lynn and Perry Fewell have in common? Fewell was an outside hire, has previous successful DC experience, has his own scheme...In terms of actual football (not superficialities), Johnny Lynn had far more in common with Bill Sheridan than Perry Fewell ever will.

And yes, he has commented. You won't like the comments, Fewell denies being a cover-2 guy, but often speaks in terms of zone coverages and getting pressure with the front four, Sounds like read and react stuff. But its too soon, its all just coachspeak at this point. Like with Spags, we might start to see what he's worth by week four or five. Until then most criticism is premature.

seriously, besides being african american, what do Johnny Lynn and Perry Fewell have in common? Fewell was an outside hire, has previous successful DC experience, has his own scheme...In terms of actual football (not superficialities), Johnny Lynn had far more in common with Bill Sheridan than Perry Fewell ever will.

And yes, he has commented. You won't like the comments, Fewell denies being a cover-2 guy, but often speaks in terms of zone coverages and getting pressure with the front four, Sounds like read and react stuff. But its too soon, its all just coachspeak at this point. Like with Spags, we might start to see what he's worth by week four or five. Until then most criticism is premature.

you're right I don't like defensive defense......We won the SB by being very very aggressive on D

no matter how much you scheme, who your personnel are....... if you lay back and try to anticipate your going to be picked apart in this league.......QBs are too good, you cannot give them any time to think

I was afraid I would hear this conservarive crap from a Coughlin pick.........Coughlin only hired a dynamic DC when his back was to the wall, he was on a short term deal and people were calling for his head ....now he has his SB ring and long term contract

lets face it

We are toast........Coughy has to go and anyone he's hired with him :05-mafia:

As for my Johnny Lynn comment, we have a history of giving black Defensive Cordinators a shot.....and NOT scouring the league for the BEST DC despite what color they are.

Coughlin HAS TO GO

hahahah its june and we are already toast.

probably.......do you feel like this is the year we explode on the scene again?

I don't know....there are a ton of question marks.......we are averaging a lost player a week now- Hixon, Jones

now someone tells me Felwell wants to play a straight up D

The HC looks like hes ready for a a little rascal personal powered wheel chair..........I'm bummed about the World Cup I guess

Wow, you completely ignored his response and blathered away with what you were going to post in the first place.

And other than Lynn. and now Fewell, name me one black DC we've had previously. I went back to McVay, and couldn't come up with one additional DC. So where is this "history?"

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH let me think.............HMMMMMMMMMMMMM DUHHHHHHHHHHHH

Didn't the old Codger hire a guy named Tim Lewis who made Johnny Lynn look like a defensive genius

LOL!!!!

Believe me old cement head will not hire a prominent DC unless his feet are on fire :rolleyes:

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH let me think.............HMMMMMMMMMMMMM DUHHHHHHHHHHHH

Didn't the old Codger hire a guy named Tim Lewis who made Johnny Lynn look like a defensive genius

LOL!!!!

Believe me old cement head will not hire a prominent DC unless his feet are on fire :rolleyes:

Shit. You're right. I can't believe I forgot him.

But I'd take him over Johnny Lynn. At least Lewis schemed for the right team, just not well.

Shit. You're right. I can't believe I forgot him.

But I'd take him over Johnny Lynn. At least Lewis schemed for the right team, just not well.

no no no

Johnny invented the concept of whiting out the last opponent, typing in the next one, running the copying machine, and issuing that as this weeks game plan

that is stunning genius :thumbs:

you just dont find guys like that lying around LOL..........Tim was very forgetable, your forgiven for forgeting him

hes a D coach for Kansas City now......working for the original dunderhead- Herm Edwards of Joe Pisarcik fame

from a recent pat kirwan nfl.com article that i saw posted on bbi:

5. Bills -- I can't believe they let defensive coordinator Perry Fewell go this offseason. They had the second-ranked pass defense, nabbed 28 interceptions, which was second to Green Bay's 30, and only allowed 14 touchdown passes.

from a recent pat kirwan nfl.com article that i saw posted on bbi:

5. Bills -- I can't believe they let defensive coordinator Perry Fewell go this offseason. They had the second-ranked pass defense, nabbed 28 interceptions, which was second to Green Bay's 30, and only allowed 14 touchdown passes.

well based up on their record you must have purposely left out Sacks, Fumbles Recovered, Run D, and 1st downs allowed

giveaways/takeaways etc etc etc

Also they had our old secret weapon Kwika Mitchell (who apparently did not deserve $5million per) what were we paying the human tacklng machine (5 yds upfield)? $6 million??

Let's see how he does on gameday with his schemes before we make any decisions... but I've gotta admit, I'm not liking what I hear out of him so far.

A good D-coordinator changes his schemes to fit his players' strengths. We all know that Ross and Webster suck as zone corners, yet Fewell has said he wants to do more of a zone scheme. Also, he's said that he doesn't want to rotate the line as much, which I guess could go either way.

We'll see. Playing five yards off the line against the DeSean Jacksons and MIles Austins of the division should absolutely kill us.

If they fired Perry Fewell and replaced him with Ruth Buzzi, she would still be an improvement over Bill Sheridan.

Let's wait and see what happens.....if we can keep our defensive players out of the hospital, we should be better.

If they fired Perry Fewell and replaced him with Ruth Buzzi, she would still be an improvement over Bill Sheridan.

Let's wait and see what happens.....if we can keep our defensive players out of the hospital, we should be better.

She might be a good choice man....after Goldie we have Ruth Buzzi to the left and Don Rickles to the right... :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcHffTlD8wY

They're both black. :mellow:

The question Nas was is this guy the answer.....did we turn over every rock to find the best and brightest?

Coughlin reached back into his past for this guy.....he did not look outside his circle. He did the same with Sheridan.....Lynn? I have not the vaguest idea why Fassel hired Lynn. IT seemed at the time to be an equal oppty decision.

Tim Lewis also seemed to be a reach.....he had been run out of town in Pittsburg

The question Nas was is this guy the answer.....did we turn over every rock to find the best and brightest?

Yes. I feel we did.

And I think the hiring of Fewel was primarily driven by the FO not coughlin.. and this guy's resume is solid.