SportsWrath

You're Jerry Reese, and you know

Allstarjim

Rolando McClain - The best middle linebacker in this draft, and the best linebacker PERIOD in this draft. Can hit like a mutha, and run sideline to sideline. Would be the best linebacker the Giants have had since Jesse Armstead, and very possibly better than him.

CJ Spiller - Probably the next Chris Johnson. You just finished a season where your franchise back looked old all of a sudden, with the physicality of his game may be taking an early toll on those knees. Moreover, your 2nd string back played the year on 2 broken feet that are surgically repaired. CJ Spiller could be to the Giants what Chris Johnson is to the Titans. And that is saying an awful lot.

Mike Iupati - Not the flashiest guy at the flashiest position, but a near certain Pro Bowler at Guard very early. Nobody questions the worth of Alan Faneca or Steve Hutchinson, and this is a player in their mold. A can't miss player at a position that could use some improvement. An offensive line with Snee and Iupati in the middle? Hello big gaping holes for Brandon Jacobs up the middle.

Feel free to add your own thoughts and picks.

Rolando McClain - The best middle linebacker in this draft, and the best linebacker PERIOD in this draft. Can hit like a mutha, and run sideline to sideline. Would be the best linebacker the Giants have had since Jesse Armstead, and very possibly better than him.

CJ Spiller - Probably the next Chris Johnson. You just finished a season where your franchise back looked old all of a sudden, with the physicality of his game may be taking an early toll on those knees. Moreover, your 2nd string back played the year on 2 broken feet that are surgically repaired. CJ Spiller could be to the Giants what Chris Johnson is to the Titans. And that is saying an awful lot.

Mike Iupati - Not the flashiest guy at the flashiest position, but a near certain Pro Bowler at Guard very early. Nobody questions the worth of Alan Faneca or Steve Hutchinson, and this is a player in their mold. A can't miss player at a position that could use some improvement. An offensive line with Snee and Iupati in the middle? Hello big gaping holes for Brandon Jacobs up the middle.

cause lord knows without big gaping holes twinkle toes will give more powerful, dominating 3 inch runs...so long as it is a 135 dback trying to plug those holes, otherwise the dog would say 1-1.5 inches and a cloud of dust for the "second coming of earl campbell"...

LOVE the Iupati pick. Plus, his name is unpronouncable, so he's got a decent shot. :)

I think in the pros Spiller will be more of a role player in the Reggie Bush mold... but Bush does a lot for the Saints and he'd be a home run threat every time he touches the ball.

Mc Clain is a good athlete and has top-notch football smarts, but I'd be lying if I didn't say the Crohns disease scares me a little.

If those three guys are gone, take a top-flight LT or trade down and nab Weatherspoon.

cause lord knows without big gaping holes twinkle toes will give more powerful, dominating 3 inch runs...so long as it is a 135 dback trying to plug those holes, otherwise the dog would say 1-1.5 inches and a cloud of dust for the "second coming of earl campbell"...

:LMAO:

You take McClain and run with it.

Iupati? I don't like taking a guard with the 15th pick overall.

Yeah, I like him a lot but I like him more at pick 20-25. If our guys are all gone, I wouldn't mind picking him up if we trade down.

Jim is right tho... Snee and Iupati would open up holes you could drive a truck through.

No, Jim. You ARE Jerry Reese.

Sean Weatherspoon-Fits the system much better then McClain,is much faster then McClain and can cover better then McClain and can shed blocks much better then McClain. No disrespect Jim but I do not want McClain to the Giants, he is more of 3-4 LB

Spiller-I do think he's much more of Reggie Bush type, not sure if he is a every down back, Jahvid Best in the round 2 would be great, I have seen Best compared to C. Johnson more so then Spiller. This year Best in round 2 and then next year Mark Ingram in round one, that would be outstanding

I like also the guard out of Illinois Jon Asomoah he would be a good 3rd rounder

DT-would like to see what Canty can do with Fewell, and Alford healthy could be all we need,we could get a guy I like in Round 4 D'Anthony Smith out of Louisiana Tech

this would be my draft

Weatherspoon

Best

Asamoah

Smith

Larry Asante S out of Nebraska

Adam Ulatoski OT out of Texas

Cottam TE out Tennesee blocking TE to take some of the onus off Boss, let Boss run freaking routes

FA Kicker Leigh Tiffin better leg then Tynes maybe we use him on kickoffs

Sean Weatherspoon-Fits the system much better then McClain,is much faster then McClain and can cover better then McClain and can shed blocks much better then McClain. No disrespect Jim but I do not want McClain to the Giants, he is more of 3-4 LB

Spiller-I do think he's much more of Reggie Bush type, not sure if he is a every down back, Jahvid Best in the round 2 would be great, I have seen Best compared to C. Johnson more so then Spiller. This year Best in round 2 and then next year Mark Ingram in round one, that would be outstanding

I like also the guard out of Illinois Jon Asomoah he would be a good 3rd rounder

DT-would like to see what Canty can do with Fewell, and Alford healthy could be all we need,we could get a guy I like in Round 4 D'Anthony Smith out of Louisiana Tech

this would be my draft

Weatherspoon

Best

Asamoah

Smith

Cottam TE out Tennesee blocking TE to take some of the onus off Boss, let Boss run freaking routes

this guy knows what he's talking about!rock.gif

He ran a 4.68?

Same 40 as Weatherspoon at the combine.

this would be my draft

Weatherspoon

Best

Asamoah

Smith

I think it's debatable that Weatherspoon is faster. Regardless, if he could do all those things better than McClain, then he would be rated higher. I think the statement that really puzzles me is that Spoon sheds blocks better. I don't think he does. McClain was the focal point of opposing teams blocking schemes and still led his team in tackles... a team that won the nat'l championship in large part to a dominating defense that was the best in the country.

I think McClain is athletic enough that it won't matter what kind of defense he goes to.

But the main problem I have with your draft is that I think Spoon at 15 is a reach. If the Giants don't draft McClain, they will probably draft another player that they have rated ahead of McClain. Of course I am only listening and reading as to what the players ratings are. As for Best, I like him as well, but really don't believe he will be available at our pick in the 2nd. I think Best is gone in the first.

And Bigblue, no disrespect taken and I hope you take none as well. We're just talking pigskin here!

You take McClain and run with it.

Iupati? I don't like taking a guard with the 15th pick overall.

I agree with you if he's available. I think it's about 60-40 that he's taken before our pick. So, the other guys are fall back options, even though Spiller might be gone as well.

Same 40 as Weatherspoon at the combine.

I think it's debatable that Weatherspoon is faster. Regardless, if he could do all those things better than McClain, then he would be rated higher. I think the statement that really puzzles me is that Spoon sheds blocks better. I don't think he does. McClain was the focal point of opposing teams blocking schemes and still led his team in tackles... a team that won the nat'l championship in large part to a dominating defense that was the best in the country.

I think McClain is athletic enough that it won't matter what kind of defense he goes to.

But the main problem I have with your draft is that I think Spoon at 15 is a reach. If the Giants don't draft McClain, they will probably draft another player that they have rated ahead of McClain. Of course I am only listening and reading as to what the players ratings are. As for Best, I like him as well, but really don't believe he will be available at our pick in the 2nd. I think Best is gone in the first. And Bigblue, no disrespect taken and I hope you take none as well. We're just talking pigskin here!

Yeah I know and I actually like Alabama, so I would not hate McClain he did have Mount Cody in front of him taking up blockers, I just think he fits better in 3-4 which is why I don't think we get him anyways. Buffalo,Oakland,Cleveland,Denver all ahead of us have expressed interest in McClain, if Buffalo or Oakland took him not a bad move, then maybe they would shop their MLB'ers who don't fit the 3-4 Morrison or Pozlusny(who we liked in the 2007 draft) Poz knows this system that Fewell is running too, we could get him with maybe a 5th rounder. People think Weatherspoon also might be a fit for 3-4 I Know the Steelers like him alot, he actually ran a 4.52 some say even in the 4.4's at his pro day. I actually have us now taking Jared Odrick with the 15th pick, then maybe the "diesel" Jonathan Dwyer in round 2 if Best is not there, there is a MLB I think is very underrated, Donald Butler who we could get in round 3

Yeah I know and I actually like Alabama, so I would not hate McClain he did have Mount Cody in front of him taking up blockers, I just think he fits better in 3-4 which is why I don't think we get him anyways. Buffalo,Oakland,Cleveland,Denver all ahead of us have expressed interest in McClain, if Buffalo or Oakland took him not a bad move, then maybe they would shop their MLB'ers who don't fit the 3-4 Morrison or Pozlusny(who we liked in the 2007 draft) Poz knows this system that Fewell is running too, we could get him with maybe a 5th rounder. People think Weatherspoon also might be a fit for 3-4 I Know the Steelers like him alot, he actually ran a 4.52 some say even in the 4.4's at his pro day. I actually have us now taking Jared Odrick with the 15th pick, then maybe the "diesel" Jonathan Dwyer in round 2 if Best is not there, there is a MLB I think is very underrated, Donald Butler who we could get in round 3

this guy from boondocks is the mel kuiper of sportswrath.tu.gif

So who do you see us taking?

I know next to nothing about the college game. But I would be happy with a LB or offensive lineman. A linebacker in the first two rounds, or a trade. Can't go later than that: if we go into the season starting Blackburn, Goff, or Wilkinson at MLB, I just might be looking for a sturdy rafter in the attic.