SportsWrath

You're Jerry Reese, and you know

Allstarjim

Aren't 1st round DTs the most likely to be busts? I thought I read that last year, with OTs being the safest bet.

To be honest I think it's going to be an OLineman or DLineman in the 1st. These things are really hard to predict though because it really matters who is there at 15.

For some reason I thought what if we take Tim Tebow, don't know why just thought maybe hes sitting there in round 3 and we go what the hell, I honestly don't know if I could root for the Giants with Tebow in a big blue uni, I would have too but I don't know if I could and wtf has he been invited to the draft for? he's not going to the 3rd round or 4th, he will make some great speech after being drafted 110th and everybody will go yeah Timmy!

I just posted elsewhere about this, but I agree 100% on Iupati. If McClain is gone, and Iupati is still available, he'd be one of the very few offensive guys I'd consider.

Also, if McClain is gone, there’s likely to be Brandon Graham and Sergio Kindle available….but they are both OLBs.

It’s not the end of the world if McClain is taken ahead of us and we pick up a guy like Sean Lee in the 2nd or 3rd round. There are worse things then drafting a Penn State linebacker in the 2nd.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/565762?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

This is actually the best draft site I've seen...you can tweak the charts to show specific positions.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

For some reason I thought what if we take Tim Tebow, don't know why just thought maybe hes sitting there in round 3 and we go what the hell, I honestly don't know if I could root for the Giants with Tebow in a big blue uni, I would have too but I don't know if I could and wtf has he been invited to the draft for? he's not going to the 3rd round or 4th, he will make some great speech after being drafted 110th and everybody will go yeah Timmy!

First off, I am no Gator fan. They are one of my most hated college football teams, being that I am a Florida State fan. But, Tim Tebow is one of the most successful, prolific, dynamic college football player in a very long time. It remains to be seen how he will fit in the pros, but rest assured, he WILL be drafted before the third round. I think early second. Some analysts think that some team will fall in love with him and he will go in the first. I am not in that camp. But if he's there where Jacksonville is picking in the 2nd round, I have very little doubt they take him. Jacksonville, a team that has had trouble filling seats, and is in bad financial shape, NEED to draft Tebow and hope that he is a good player. But the mere existence of Tebow as a Jaguar will help that franchise sell tickets. You need to understand what Tebow is like in Florida. Floridians love Tebow like this:

1. Jesus

2. Tebow

3. The guy who invented air conditioning

Tebow is an icon in Florida. I went to a Jax game last season and there were many fans wearing Jax T-shirts that read, "Draft Tebow 2010." If the Jags don't draft Tebow, there's going to be hell to pay from that fanbase. Even if for some stupid reason Jacksonville doesn't draft Tebow in the second, some other team will, because Tebow has a big upside and his leadership and intangibles are off the charts. It will be interesting to watch what happens with him.... because if Jacksonville doesn't draft him, there's going to be a public hanging.

First off, I am no Gator fan. They are one of my most hated college football teams, being that I am a Florida State fan. But, Tim Tebow is one of the most successful, prolific, dynamic college football player in a very long time. It remains to be seen how he will fit in the pros, but rest assured, he WILL be drafted before the third round. I think early second. Some analysts think that some team will fall in love with him and he will go in the first. I am not in that camp. But if he's there where Jacksonville is picking in the 2nd round, I have very little doubt they take him. Jacksonville, a team that has had trouble filling seats, and is in bad financial shape, NEED to draft Tebow and hope that he is a good player. But the mere existence of Tebow as a Jaguar will help that franchise sell tickets. You need to understand what Tebow is like in Florida. Floridians love Tebow like this:

1. Jesus

2. Tebow

3. The guy who invented air conditioning

Tebow is an icon in Florida. I went to a Jax game last season and there were many fans wearing Jax T-shirts that read, "Draft Tebow 2010." If the Jags don't draft Tebow, there's going to be hell to pay from that fanbase. Even if for some stupid reason Jacksonville doesn't draft Tebow in the second, some other team will, because Tebow has a big upside and his leadership and intangibles are off the charts. It will be interesting to watch what happens with him.... because if Jacksonville doesn't draft him, there's going to be a public hanging.

I do think the Jags draft him, he is at the draft in NYC, not sure why? But he is there, I think Jacksonville would be one of the few places, maybe the only place where Tebow gets a positive reception. I think they may even trade into the late first to get him prevent the looking like idiot sitting at a table all night and not drafted the whole night, like I said not sure why he is even there, and hate this idea of JAX doing this to sell jerseys and tickets, I know its a business but they need players ,I do not think Tebow is all that great or going to have any upside in the NFL, Its a byist thing yes but its just plain honesty, You have to do more in the NFL then make great speeches, my big thing is NFL coaches are not going to baby this guy, like Urban did. I honestly thought Pittsburgh may take him at 18, they seem to be all about this character thing lately Holmes, Ben, they drafted Kordell at pick 60,Antwan Randle El at 63, I would not count out Pittsburgh

Jax don't have a 2nd round pick at the moment.

Yeah Tampa has it Jax moved up for Eben Britton last year, there is no way they take Tebow at 10? No fucking way, they would be the laughing stock of the league, you have to feel for Del Rio if Jax takes Tebow he wouldn't be able to yell at him,teach him, he would just have to say make a great speech at the end of the game and make all our fans go we love you Timmy! Fuck Del Rio should of took the USC job, Wayne Weaver will baby Tebow to please the fans and no matter if he throws five picks a game he will still sell jerseys ridiculous!

Yeah Tampa has it Jax moved up for Eben Britton last year, there is no way they take Tebow at 10? No fucking way, they would be the laughing stock of the league, you have to feel for Del Rio if Jax takes Tebow he wouldn't be able to yell at him,teach him, he would just have to say make a great speech at the end of the game and make all our fans go we love you Timmy! Fuck Del Rio should of took the USC job, Wayne Weaver will baby Tebow to please the fans and no matter if he throws five picks a game he will still sell jerseys ridiculous!

not only that- everytime garrard screws up (which is often) the TeBOW birds will reign from the stands.

ironically, they probably do need a QB.

not only that- everytime garrard screws up (which is often) the TeBOW birds will reign from the stands.

ironically, they probably do need a QB.

Clausen is a much better prospect then Tebow, so is Colt McCoy, Tony Pike, Dan LeFevour. Or you wait a year for Locker,Ponder,Mallett much better class next year

Clausen is a much better prospect then Tebow, so is Colt McCoy, Tony Pike, Dan LeFevour. Or you wait a year for Locker,Ponder,Mallett much better class next year

tebow is not even a prospect far as i'm concerned.

hey 25, what do you think of gerhart?

I do think the Jags draft him, he is at the draft in NYC, not sure why? But he is there, I think Jacksonville would be one of the few places, maybe the only place where Tebow gets a positive reception.

He's not going to the draft party and I doubt the NFL would let him anyway. Unless you are basically a guaranteed top 10 the NFL doesn't want you there after the Quinn debacle.

Could Jax trade down in the 1st, still pick up a good pass rusher and a get mid-round 2nd pick?

I would think Jax will want to do this so they can get Tebow in the second. Jax needs a player badly to sell tickets.

At least I got the 2nd round right. Damn You Oakland !!!!!!!

:cheers:

I figured DT too with Joseph, Price or Houston depending on who was available. It would have been so much better to go DT 1st then LB second once McClain was gone but it is what it is.