SportsWrath

Jerry Jones rips Parcells

JackStroud

article in the NY Post today reports a video has surfaced where Jones says "Bill was not worth a XXXX"....he only hired Bill to get the momentum going to build his new stadium. Bill must make a tough guy to have on your staff....Wellington Mara, Robert Craft, Woody Johnson, and now Jerry "Go-Go Girl" Jones have all sent Bill packing, or never had a good word to say about him after he left..........no one's throwing any Bill Parcell's celebration ceremonies

LOL

Jerry went on to say "Tony Romo was a Miracle", and "Tim Tebow would never get on the field in the NFL"

Jerry's finally lost his marbles I'm afraid.....

Nice Stadium Jerry, but where would you be if Bill Parcells had not resurrected your team after it went 5-11 for 3 consecutive seasons? i guess Jerrry's thing is Stadiums not Lombardi's

our new stadium is pretty bland but, fill it with playoff victories and Trophies and who will care....

I like Parcells, but he sure wears thin on ownership.......you cannot fault his record though- everywhere he goes winning follows......Bills philosophy- "you are what your record says you are", and "You cannot coach big and you cannot coach fast"........football is a tough game, and a tough business

Gerry's proven one thing: except for one of his hires, most of his decisions are PT Barnum stuff. He only won because he hired the right coach at the right time and then his subsequent SB win was still with that personnel grouping.

Early success went to Jerry's head. I appreciate his showmanship, however he's inevitably going to become the Al Davis of the Longhorn state.

PS

Nice job on the jumbo tron dumbass

Gerry's proven one thing: except for one of his hires, most of his decisions are PT Barnum stuff. He only won because he hired the right coach at the right time and then his subsequent SB win was still with that personnel grouping.

Early success went to Jerry's head. I appreciate his showmanship, however he's inevitably going to become the Al Davis of the Longhorn state.

PS

Nice job on the jumbo tron dumbass

Much of jerry jones success as an owner is directly related to the stupidity of the Minnesota Vikings with the hershel walker trade.

from wiki:

Dallas ended up with a total of six of Minnesota's picks over the succeeding years, two of which were used to draft Emmitt Smith and Darren Woodson. Jimmy Johnson used the other draft picks to make trades with other teams around the NFL. One of the trades led to obtaining the first overall draft pick in 1991, which was used to draft Russell Maryland. In other words, the trade of Herschel Walker to the Vikings contributed largely to the Cowboys' success in the early 1990s. For this reason, ESPN.com's Page 2 lists it as the 8th most lopsided trade in sports history.[4] Seventeen years later, the trade was still an easy target for satire: one ESPN columnist, assessing the impact of free agency on the NFL, noted that it had almost entirely replaced significant trades and by doing so, "took away one of the greatest shortcuts to becoming a Super Bowl champion: fleecing the Vikings."[5]

Despite Walker's performance as a Minnesota Viking, his trade was widely perceived as an exceptionally poor move for what the Vikings had to give up in order to get him, and remains one of the most frequently vilified roster moves of the team's history (indeed, in the history of Minnesota sports). "Herschel the Turkey," a mocking "honor" given out by the Star Tribune newspaper to particularly inept or disgraceful Minnesota sports personalities, is named for him. The trade was also made into an episode of ESPN Classic's The Top 5 Reasons You Can't Blame.... In 2008, the trade was selected by SI.com as the worst sports trade of all time.

Much of jerry jones success as an owner is directly related to the stupidity of the Minnesota Vikings with the hershel walker trade.

from wiki:

Dallas ended up with a total of six of Minnesota's picks over the succeeding years, two of which were used to draft Emmitt Smith and Darren Woodson. Jimmy Johnson used the other draft picks to make trades with other teams around the NFL. One of the trades led to obtaining the first overall draft pick in 1991, which was used to draft Russell Maryland. In other words, the trade of Herschel Walker to the Vikings contributed largely to the Cowboys' success in the early 1990s. For this reason, ESPN.com's Page 2 lists it as the 8th most lopsided trade in sports history.[4] Seventeen years later, the trade was still an easy target for satire: one ESPN columnist, assessing the impact of free agency on the NFL, noted that it had almost entirely replaced significant trades and by doing so, "took away one of the greatest shortcuts to becoming a Super Bowl champion: fleecing the Vikings."[5]

Despite Walker's performance as a Minnesota Viking, his trade was widely perceived as an exceptionally poor move for what the Vikings had to give up in order to get him, and remains one of the most frequently vilified roster moves of the team's history (indeed, in the history of Minnesota sports). "Herschel the Turkey," a mocking "honor" given out by the Star Tribune newspaper to particularly inept or disgraceful Minnesota sports personalities, is named for him. The trade was also made into an episode of ESPN Classic's The Top 5 Reasons You Can't Blame.... In 2008, the trade was selected by SI.com as the worst sports trade of all time.

:clap:

Exactly and Walker should get an honorary Dallas SB ring. Jones also does only care abut the money like when he tried to put Pepsi logos on the Cowboys jerseys.

article in the NY Post today reports a video has surfaced where Jones says "Bill was not worth a XXXX"....he only hired Bill to get the momentum going to build his new stadium. Bill must make a tough guy to have on your staff....Wellington Mara, Robert Craft, Woody Johnson, and now Jerry "Go-Go Girl" Jones have all sent Bill packing, or never had a good word to say about him after he left..........no one's throwing any Bill Parcell's celebration ceremonies

LOL

Jerry went on to say "Tony Romo was a Miracle", and "Tim Tebow would never get on the field in the NFL"

Jerry's finally lost his marbles I'm afraid.....

Nice Stadium Jerry, but where would you be if Bill Parcells had not resurrected your team after it went 5-11 for 3 consecutive seasons? i guess Jerrry's thing is Stadiums not Lombardi's

our new stadium is pretty bland but, fill it with playoff victories and Trophies and who will care....

I like Parcells, but he sure wears thin on ownership.......you cannot fault his record though- everywhere he goes winning follows......Bills philosophy- "you are what your record says you are", and "You cannot coach big and you cannot coach fast"........football is a tough game, and a tough business

The last good coach for Dallas before Parcells was Jimmy Johnson. Like Parcells, Johnson was a winner wherever he went. And like Parcells, you couldn't fit his ego in the same room with Jerry Jones.

Here's Jerry Jones track record:

Buys the Cowboys, and fires Tom Landry.

Hires Jimmy Johnson, who rebuilds the franchise (with help from Herschel Walker).

Can't get along with Johnson, who leaves, and the Cowboys fade.

Cowboys suck long enough for Jerry Jones to swallow his ego and hire Parcells.

Parcells once again turns the Cowboys into winners.

Can't get along with Parcells, who leaves.

Hires the Skipper away from Gilligan's Island.

I'll come right out and say it....if Parcells had stayed, the Cowboys would have been in at least one more Super Bowl by now.

[Much of jerry jones success as an owner is directly related to the stupidity of the Minnesota Vikings with the hershel walker trade.

from wiki:

That is totally true...in that Dallas had a lot of picks from that trade. The wisdom was in knowing who to draft and that's what happened here...

Johnson's extensive knowledge of the college game was key and it spoke for itself in those years. Of course one could say our drafting in those years had a lot to do with Dallas' success too. Throw the Eagles in there as well.

Parcells farts and he blows a good team, if Jerry swallowed his ego for a couple more years the 'Boys would of been the first franchise to six SB wins.

LOL, who was that other member who said the infamous "he came in my face"?

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones initiated a phone conversation Wednesday with former coach Bill Parcells in which he explained the seemingly disparaging comments made while being secretly videotaped in a Dallas bar, according to a Cowboys source.

Jones, the source said, finished the conversation believing that Parcells was never offended and that they will continue to share a good relationship.

Jones has not publicly commented on the story.

Parcells, now an executive with the Miami Dolphins, told The Record (northern New Jersey) on Wednesday that he isn't worried.

"I know how he really feels about me," Parcells said, according to the paper.

He added that he and Jones have a good relationship and, "I think he was just pulling some guy's leg. I'm not upset with it at all. He didn't mean it."

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5093200&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

I'm the last one to defend Jones, but c'mon. Dude was drinking, presumably at a private function, and some dope pulls out a cell phone w/ a video camera. He seemed to be clowning around in a sarcastic way. No matter how much of an ass monkey Jones is, it's not like he was doing an interview and said these things. The world is too sensitive, who gives a shit?

I'm the last one to defend Jones, but c'mon. Dude was drinking, presumably at a private function, and some dope pulls out a cell phone w/ a video camera. He seemed to be clowning around in a sarcastic way. No matter how much of an ass monkey Jones is, it's not like he was doing an interview and said these things. The world is too sensitive, who gives a shit?

I blame myself for commenting on a Jack Stroud thread that once again lacked a link to provide context.

And Parcells is a prostitute who also at times thinks he is the "SHOW". :jerkoff:

And Parcells is a prostitute who also at times thinks he is the "SHOW". :jerkoff:

Parcells can be the biggest "prostitute" he wants, wherever he goes they become one of the better teams in the league. It's only a matter of time before the big tuna is in the HoF.