SportsWrath

Is it time to move Jacobs?

Lughead

I may be rocking the boat here but ....

Is Jacobs starting RB reign over? He has racked up only 3084 yards in 5 seasons . He will be 28 before the season starts and he only had 484 rushing yards last year. I don't know about you guys but I thought last years running game was abysmal.

AS much as we need a Middle linebacker I would rather take RB C.J. Spiller with our first pick. to me he seams to be an Adrian Peterson type back . He can also catch coming out of the backfield and play on special teams. I think we could get LB Sean Lee in the second and Penn state runs a 4-3. Also in the video you can see that he is assistant coaching the LBers when he was injured

SPILLER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8

LEE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7cfc_OYcPk

What do you think?

When I think 3rd down back, I think a guy who can block a little and catch a pass. Be elusive enough to avoid a tackle or 2 and get a first down. Jacobs is by no means a 3rd down back. He's not even a good short yardage back.

That said, I wouldn't mind Spiller if he's the best athlete available. Still think it's Bradshaw's breakout year though.

With his injuries, he should be moved to a short yardage/change of pace/4th quarter back.

I was pounding the drum for a while for Jacobs as an every-down guy, but he's just too fragile for that. However, he's a great guy on third-and-short (when he's not running like a girl), and he's great to wear down a D in the fourth quarter. The Power-I with Hedgecock blocking can be really debilitating...

I REALLY think we need to take somebody on D in the first round, but this draft is so deep, we could trade down more than a few times and still land a stud. I'd be happy with Spiller if he fell to us.

When I think 3rd down back, I think a guy who can block a little and catch a pass. Be elusive enough to avoid a tackle or 2 and get a first down. Jacobs is by no means a 3rd down back. He's not even a good short yardage back.

That said, I wouldn't mind Spiller if he's the best athlete available. Still think it's Bradshaw's breakout year though.

Yes, till Spiller gets some experience.

Huh interesting idea, honestly if it played out that way I wouldnt mind it happening.

Although with us having four RBs on the roster and one of them us drafting last year (Brown) I dont see the Giants spending a first on a RB. I still have high hopes for Bradshaw and Ware with Jacobs as the short yardage back, not to mention we haven't seen what Brown has done yet. Brown seemed to show alot of promise not to mention all the experts said he has the best hands of any RB in the draft. I think we go next year with the four RBs we have with Bradshaw/Ware or Brown if he earns it splitting the majority of carries and then Jacobs being more of the change of pace bruiser.

The only thing is year after year the draft has proven you can take a RB in the later rounds who can easily be a starter i.e. Forte/Rice/Slaton even Bradshaw.

All I got to say is it's going to be really interesting come draft day.

How bad was Andre Browns injury? Will he be on the team and able to play effectively this yr if given the chance? i hope so, I think he'll be good. But Ive heard that his injury was pretty bad and may not come back from it.

That five years bit isn't really fair: he was behind Barber in 2005-2006. As big an asshole that Barber was, there was no way he was getting pulled to give Jacobs playing time when Barber was having his peak seasons.

He definitely had a bad season last year. It might have been injuries to himself or the line, it might not. But the previous two years should give him the benefit of the doubt for now. If it happens again next year, then it's time to move.

But it wouldn't hurt to draft a RB in the late rounds to compete with Brown and Ware. Brown might not be able to come back at all after the achilles last year, and Ware showed nada.

Jacobs has plenty of good seasons left in him and it would be a mistake to get Spiller if we have to move up to get him and miss out on an opportunity to significantly improving the defense. For years there has been the draft a linebacker in the first round movement among the fans. Now we actually have an opportunity to draft the best linebacker in the draft and make our linebacker unit better than average.

Really not impressed with the Rb draft class this year and we can definitely pickup a veteran or a street free agent after the draft to address the position.

That five years bit isn't really fair: he was behind Barber in 2005-2006. As big an asshole that Barber was, there was no way he was getting pulled to give Jacobs playing time when Barber was having his peak seasons.

He definitely had a bad season last year. It might have been injuries to himself or the line, it might not. But the previous two years should give him the benefit of the doubt for now. If it happens again next year, then it's time to move.

But it wouldn't hurt to draft a RB in the late rounds to compete with Brown and Ware. Brown might not be able to come back at all after the achilles last year, and Ware showed nada.

I kind of disagree....the NFL is a win-now league...if someone comes in and outplays Jacobs in camp and then in preseason, there's no way you can just say, "oh, last year was an anomaly Brandon, we'll let you have the starting spot again hoping you'll return to form."

At this point, aside from Eli and the receivers, EVERYWHERE else should be open competition and if you lose in training camp and preseason, you move down the depth chart.

How bad was Andre Browns injury? Will he be on the team and able to play effectively this yr if given the chance? i hope so, I think he'll be good. But Ive heard that his injury was pretty bad and may not come back from it.

Achilles. It's a two-year injury to come back from 100%, though Ronnie Brown seemed to kind of buck that trend a few years back.

I kind of disagree....the NFL is a win-now league...if someone comes in and outplays Jacobs in camp and then in preseason, there's no way you can just say, "oh, last year was an anomaly Brandon, we'll let you have the starting spot again hoping you'll return to form."

At this point, aside from Eli and the receivers, EVERYWHERE else should be open competition and if you lose in training camp and preseason, you move down the depth chart.

Oh, yeah? I kind of agree with you--I'm not saying he should be handed the starting spot; just that last season wasn't exactly crying out for us to spend a high-round pick to replace him. I would much rather get a defender or O-lineman with #15. Especially knowing we also have Bradshaw.

But considering that both starters were hurt, it's pretty damning that Ware couldn't get more time on the field.

Oh, yeah? I kind of agree with you--I'm not saying he should be handed the starting spot; just that last season wasn't exactly crying out for us to spend a high-round pick to replace him. I would much rather get a defender or O-lineman with #15. Especially knowing we also have Bradshaw.

But considering that both starters were hurt, it's pretty damning that Ware couldn't get more time on the field.

Wasnt Ware injured all season long as well? I thought I recalled him dislocating his elbow in September.

You're preaching to the choir...I'd rather get a linebacker or o-lineman as well....just I was all for bringing in Thomas Jones or even LT, though....

Wasnt Ware injured all season long as well? I thought I recalled him dislocating his elbow in September.

Yes, he did injure himself in the first game; but if I remember correctly, he was back before the half-way mark of the season. He definitely was back in plenty of time to have done something during the season, and didn't.

You're preaching to the choir...I'd rather get a linebacker or o-lineman as well....just I was all for bringing in Thomas Jones or even LT, though....

Jones I could see: LT, not so much. If you have doubts about Jacobs after one season, I don't see why you would want to bring in Tomlinson after two seasons of poor production.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Jones I could see: LT, not so much. If you have doubts about Jacobs after one season, I don't see why you would want to bring in Tomlinson after two seasons of poor production.

I don't see Spiller dropping to 15 and I wouldn't want to trade up to get him. And if we're going to trade up, it better be for a LB. We're far better at RB than LB right now.

Furthermore, our O-Line was banged up pretty good for a large part of the year. Between McKenzie and Seubert, the line wasn't near as strong as it had been. Let them go into the year healthy and see what Jacobs can do.

Again, LB is a much, much bigger concern right now.

My understanding it was an Achilles Tendon injury.. an injury I'm recovering from as we speak. My surgery was on Feb 12th, I'm officially out of the boot and can walk with a limp.. can't run yet. I think in 2 more weeks, I'm gonna return to walking normally and will start jogging 2 weeks after. And my injury was as devastating as they come.. it was 100% torn. A year is plenty of time to recover... especially for Athletes.

I don't see Spiller dropping to 15 and I wouldn't want to trade up to get him. And if we're going to trade up, it better be for a LB. We're far better at RB than LB right now.

Furthermore, our O-Line was banged up pretty good for a large part of the year. Between McKenzie and Seubert, the line wasn't near as strong as it had been. Let them go into the year healthy and see what Jacobs can do.

Again, LB is a much, much bigger concern right now.

I think the Giants are fine with the Spiller rumors... my hunch is the Giants will try to get McClain... even if they have to move up a few spots.... assuming McClain is as good as people say he is.. i'm no college expert.

I'd rather go for Mike Iupati if McClain is off the board.

Kevin Boothe is not the future, Guy Whimper experiment has all but fizzled out. Seubert was hurt last season and isn't getting younger. Pickup Iumpati and you have future starter at guard and maybe even tackle.

I'd rather go for Mike Iupati if McClain is off the board.

Kevin Boothe is not the future, Guy Whimper experiment has all but fizzled out. Seubert was hurt last season and isn't getting younger. Pickup Iumpati and you have future starter at guard and maybe even tackle.

iupati is another pick that i wouldnt be mad about

id be happy with any of: mcclain, spiller, weatherspoon, iupati.

Jacobs was injured, and not used properly....his own RB coach said that.

If he's healthy, and used the way he should be, he's a beast.

When he's injured, and asked to run like Dave Meggett, he is not a beast.

Having said that, I'm a big Bradshaw fan, and would like Bradshaw to get more carries, with Jacobs doing the short yardage and goal line work.

We need to draft a linebacker in the 1st round or my fucking head is going to explode.