SportsWrath

Is it time to move Jacobs?

Lughead

Jacobs was injured, and not used properly....his own RB coach said that.

If he's healthy, and used the way he should be, he's a beast.

When he's injured, and asked to run like Dave Meggett, he is not a beast.

Having said that, I'm a big Bradshaw fan, and would like Bradshaw to get more carries, with Jacobs doing the short yardage and goal line work.

We need to draft a linebacker in the 1st round or my fucking head is going to explode.

I don't agree with this. If you're hurt, especially so much so that you're production drops by like a 1/3, you tell your coaches you aren't being effective and need a game or two to heal. You don't constantly make the excuse that you aren't being utilized properly, even when, halfway through the season, they start calling plays that are more designed for you and STILL are ineffective. Call it bad coaching decisions or whatever, but the fact is, if you're hurt, don't play. Jacobs has exhausted all of his excuses.

I'd rather go for Mike Iupati if McClain is off the board.

Kevin Boothe is not the future, Guy Whimper experiment has all but fizzled out. Seubert was hurt last season and isn't getting younger. Pickup Iumpati and you have future starter at guard and maybe even tackle.

Whimper wasn't terrible in the small amounts of time he played--he's an OK backup. Adam Koets, on the other hand...

I don't agree with this. If you're hurt, especially so much so that you're production drops by like a 1/3, you tell your coaches you aren't being effective and need a game or two to heal. You don't constantly make the excuse that you aren't being utilized properly, even when, halfway through the season, they start calling plays that are more designed for you and STILL are ineffective. Call it bad coaching decisions or whatever, but the fact is, if you're hurt, don't play. Jacobs has exhausted all of his excuses.

Under normal circumstances, I'd be right there with you: unfortunately, last season wasn't normal circumstances. They had a choice as to which injured running back they were going to play for part of last season, and the backups were pretty ineffective when they did come in the game. Those were some lousy choices last year: do you sit the guy with the injured knee or the one with two broken feet? Do you play the guy that did nothing after dislocating his elbow, or the guy you picked up two games into the season off of some other team's practice squad?

Whimper wasn't terrible in the small amounts of time he played--he's an OK backup. Adam Koets, on the other hand...

Under normal circumstances, I'd be right there with you: unfortunately, last season wasn't normal circumstances. They had a choice as to which injured running back they were going to play for part of last season, and the backups were pretty ineffective when they did come in the game. Those were some lousy choices last year: do you sit the guy with the injured knee or the one with two broken feet? Do you play the guy that did nothing after dislocating his elbow, or the guy you picked up two games into the season off of some other team's practice squad?

That's true, I forget Ahmad was on bad ankles because he STILL played well...Jacobs just can't play hurt....

Last year was an off year, but he's produced in the past....he was a key factor in the Giants SB run.

Let's see what he can do in 2010 at 100% health....most likely, we'll see a return to his 2008 form.

If not, Bradshaw should be ready to go.

You can't fault Bradshaw's play at all last year--that's one tough SOB...

he must have re-broke those bones a dozen times with all his cutting and shifting....

Pansy-Pants Jacobs couldn't even pick up his knees.

he must have re-broke those bones a dozen times with all his cutting and shifting....

Pansy-Pants Jacobs couldn't even pick up his knees.

That's really not fair to Jacobs, though. And not really giving Bradshaw as much credit as he deserves. Not many people would have been walking with either Jacob's or Bradshaw's injuries, much less playing. I still don't know how Bradshaw did it.

That's really not fair to Jacobs, though. And not really giving Bradshaw as much credit as he deserves. Not many people would have been walking with either Jacob's or Bradshaw's injuries, much less playing. I still don't know how Bradshaw did it.

But again, I'd rather have a healthy Gartrell Johnson running the ball than a 10% Brandon Jacobs. Bad coaching or Jacob's refusal to sit, I don't know, but get someone in there who can run the ball, injured or not.

I know how he did it, Fish. Heavy tape and a good dose of adrenaline. I been there.. we short dudes can be fiesty.

If Burress hadn't played hurt we probably don't win that superbowl.

Because they even compare. :rolleyes:

Jacobs played on bad knees all season. I would have been happy to hear that was the reason he was doing awful and willing to let him rest up.

But again, I'd rather have a healthy Gartrell Johnson running the ball than a 10% Brandon Jacobs. Bad coaching or Jacob's refusal to sit, I don't know, but get someone in there who can run the ball, injured or not.

I guess. I don't think it would have made much of a difference, with Hedgecock's shoulder and both sides of the line hurting.

I think we can all agree on this, the Giants were more beat up throughout the year then a three dollar hooker.

I think Eli and the WRs were the only group without major injury and their the only group that performed throughout the year.

no i agree its different since burress was still making people look silly out there while jacobs was largely ineffective.

yah, while some games Burress did disappear in, he was at least still effective

I think we can all agree on this, the Giants were more beat up throughout the year then a three dollar hooker.

I think Eli and the WRs were the only group without major injury and their the only group that performed throughout the year.

I don't think anybody is disagreeing. I'm just giving Bradshaw a lot more credit than Storm for making Jacobs look bad. I can't imagine how miserable it must have been to go through most of the season wearing at least one boot during the week, then undoing any improvement during a game. Or, for that matter, trying to play on a messed up knee while everyone is ripping your game apart and having to keep quiet about it. Essentially, though, we are agreeing with each other.

Hell, I'm even agreeing with you, Blue. :lol:

i dont know much about the injury but was eli's plantar fasciitis a major injury?

to answer the question in the title of the thread...yes...but then again, the dog has been arguing that he was not a number one, primary back since the year they named him the starter.

Me and you both, couldn't believe they gave him a contract extension after one good year(2008) I was bitching about all last year on this board and took hell for it, he has always been overrated even in that super bowl run, Bradshaw had a great last four games that put us in the playoffs and was the leading rusher during that playoff run, in fact watch that wild card game against Tampa that year, Jacobs was running against D-lineman that were half his size and he couldn't pick up his knees then, he would just get stuffed and quit, so all of this about Jacobs is not new, he has had a few run over the DB type highlights but that's it