SportsWrath

Beatty to Left Tackle

Lughead

Beatty was a left tackle throughout his years at UConn while in college and I believe the Giants drafted him with the full intention of him being the future left tackle....so not too surprising. He has work to do to pry the starting job away from Diehl, but I think it's inevitable in the long run.

i could certainly see any of these combos happening

beatty-deihl-ohara-snee-mckenzie

beatty-seubert-ohara-snee-deihl

I don't think you can count on McKenzie staying healthy. His age is showing signs.

I liked what Reese said about Barden.

I don't think you can count on McKenzie staying healthy. His age is showing signs.

I liked what Reese said about Barden.

I loved what the author had to say about the Broke Backs...opening the gap... :LMAO:

There was a very strange moment during Reese’s press conference when he was asked if he believes the Cowboys “have opened the gap between them and the rest of the teams in the NFC East.”

Reese showed tremendous restraint in his answer. I, on the other hand, would have pointed out the fact both teams have an equal number of divisional titles over the past five years, an unequal number of Super Bowl rings and how the Giants swept the season series last season.

Reese’s answer was much less controversial than the route I would have taken.

“Every year is different,” Reese replied. “You look at your roster and you think it’s strong. I thought we had a really strong roster (last year) and we ended up 8-8. You never know until you get out there. You have to go out there and play the games. I don’t know if they’ve opened up that big of a gap, but we’ll see. It’s hard to say right now. It’s February. It’s a long time before we play. We’ll see if they’ve opened up a gap or not.”

I loved what the author had to say about the Broke Backs...opening the gap... :LMAO:

There was a very strange moment during Reese’s press conference when he was asked if he believes the Cowboys “have opened the gap between them and the rest of the teams in the NFC East.”

Reese showed tremendous restraint in his answer. I, on the other hand, would have pointed out the fact both teams have an equal number of divisional titles over the past five years, an unequal number of Super Bowl rings and how the Giants swept the season series last season.

Reese’s answer was much less controversial than the route I would have taken.

“Every year is different,” Reese replied. “You look at your roster and you think it’s strong. I thought we had a really strong roster (last year) and we ended up 8-8. You never know until you get out there. You have to go out there and play the games. I don’t know if they’ve opened up that big of a gap, but we’ll see. It’s hard to say right now. It’s February. It’s a long time before we play. We’ll see if they’ve opened up a gap or not.”

Whoever asked the question was just trying to start something. Reese's response was appropriate even though deep down inside, he was probably laughing

Whoever asked the question was just trying to start something. Reese's response was appropriate even though deep down inside, he was probably laughing

Yup...something like "we beat those motherfuckers twice last year....what gap did they create?" :laugh:

On former defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan: "He's a smart guy, he's a hard worker, he knows what he's doing and he's a terrific coach. People tried to point the finger at Bill last year for our woes defensively, but it wasn't all Bill's fault. It was everybody's fault. It was my fault; maybe I brought some of the wrong players in. We had a problem transitioning. It was some of the players' fault. It was everybody's fault. We don't point the finger at anybody. I think Bill's a terrific coach."

---

no maybe about it, jerr.

I think David Carr is either incredibly stupid or incredibly scared still...the dude would definitely be given the chance to win a starting job (KC, St Louis, and Oakland come to mind) but he seems like he's content with the cake-job of backing up Eli....our win, I guess....he's looked real well behind our solid o-lines these past couple years...

On former defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan: "He's a smart guy, he's a hard worker, he knows what he's doing and he's a terrific coach. People tried to point the finger at Bill last year for our woes defensively, but it wasn't all Bill's fault. It was everybody's fault. It was my fault; maybe I brought some of the wrong players in. We had a problem transitioning. It was some of the players' fault. It was everybody's fault. We don't point the finger at anybody. I think Bill's a terrific coach."

---

no maybe about it, jerr.

At least CC Brown will go down as only the 3rd worst Brown signed by a Giants GM....Dave and Ralph have the honors ahead of him.....in fact, thinking of this, we should stay away from anyone with a last name of Brown....because Gary Brown wasn't great either...but at least he had a 1000 yard season for us...

At least CC Brown will go down as only the 3rd worst Brown signed by a Giants GM....Dave and Ralph have the honors ahead of him.....in fact, thinking of this, we should stay away from anyone with a last name of Brown....because Gary Brown wasn't great either...but at least he had a 1000 yard season for us...

gary brown got a raw deal (didn't tiki force him out?) and then he buried his sorrows in cheeseburgers.

It was the immortal Joe Montgomery who did that in 1999.

But Roosevelt Brown obviously sucked!

I'm a pessimist....1 in 4 is pretty is a pretty poor success rate....

It was the immortal Joe Montgomery who did that in 1999.

But Roosevelt Brown obviously sucked!

well i think gary got hurt in '99- and then they drafted dayne- who looked too much like brown so they didn't want people getting confused.

well i think gary got hurt in '99- and then they drafted dayne- who looked too much like brown so they didn't want people getting confused.

Joe Montegomery...the 2nd round pick that even made me scratch my head at the time..and I was 11 years old.

lets not forget the Tin Man Derek Brown.

I'd rather keep Beatty at right tackle. Been hearing talk about moving Diehl out of left tackle since he took the job and I think he's done a pretty good job at the position. Curious as to who fill in at LG because I think Seubert is just about done.

What I think is going to happen is we will move Beatty to LT, Diehl to LG, Seubert will be a Backup. I think they are going to try and get one more year out of Mckenzie and either draft or FA a replacment for him for the following year.

Doesn't make much sense, Diehl is in his prime and has played well at LT. I'd rather they groom Beatty to take Mackenzie's spot.

I'd describe him as adequate. Very, very good run blocker...but it seems like he gets burned by a speed rusher at least once a game, and more than ever in '09.

If we had someone who was an upgrade at LT, it would make sense to move Diehl back inside...he's probably an Pro Bowl caliber guard who gets by on effort on the outside.

I'd describe him as adequate. Very, very good run blocker...but it seems like he gets burned by a speed rusher at least once a game, and more than ever in '09.

If we had someone who was an upgrade at LT, it would make sense to move Diehl back inside...he's probably an Pro Bowl caliber guard who gets by on effort on the outside.

And the one burn he gets tends to be the back breaker or the beginning of a series of offensive miscues. I like Diehl...I would like him better at guard as well. Not sold on Beatty though.