SportsWrath

Terrell Thomas

socalscholar

I noticed something overlooked in all these Pro Bowl talks.

TT had much better numbers than the 2 CB injury replacements for the Pro Bowl.

Terrell Thomas

85 Tackles 1 Sack 1 FF 5 INT

# Antoine Winfield, Minnesota

55 Tackles 1 Sack 1 FF 1 INT

# Terence Newman, Dallas

57 Tackles 0 Sack 3 FF 3 INT

He damn near has the their numbers combined.

That is a travesty!

um....high tackle totals for a CB means he's getting thrown on and beat. Thats an ass load of tackles.

That would be true if you weren't talking about the 2009 NEW YORK GIANTS, whose front seven were the ones missing tackles left and right, and getting run all over. Add in safeties that missed an assignment once every three downs, and Terrell Thomas quickly becomes the ONLY bright spot in the secondary this past season. Put simply, he got a lot of tackles because teams made it to the second level ALOT against us.

He's got a point, Terrell Thomas had a solid year for us and will most likely keep his starting spot over Ross, who was shaky in his return.

Pro Bowl?---maybe not

Thrown all over?----Absolutely not.

I have to agree with Storm, Double T was the lone bright spot on the defense this season. He had so many takcles becuase he was the only one that was making tackles.

I wish he was on the Dolphins

I would even go so far as to say that Corey Webster had half the season Terrell Thomas had, if we're gonna start laying blame on the one player who actually did pretty well given he was a first year starter asked to fill in for an injured starter (not that Ross is anything special).

Oh and btw, who was the last Giant to log 5 interceptions in a season? Go on, I'll wait.

I have to agree with Storm, Double T was the lone bright spot on the defense this season. He had so many takcles becuase he was the only one that was making tackles.

I wish he was on the Dolphins

Fuck the Dolphins, fuck fat Parcells.

No offense Blue, but what games were you watching?, The secondary wasn't good , but Thomas was the best of the lot of them.

Terrell was good in tackling I'll give you that, he was actually one of our few defenders out there who could actually wrap up. Although I believe a CB shouldnt be making all the tackles since if they are it's usually because their A. Getting beat 24/7 or B. The front 7 isnt doing fuck all. In Terrell's case it was a mixture of both, he played the run well when he needed to but much like the rest of the secondary he disappeared when he was covering a WR. I'll admit Newman and Thomas would be on the same level, both play well in the run but arnt much to look for in the passing game, though he is still young at the position and it does take time for most CBs to adjust to NFL WRs ala Webby.

He made plays when the front seven couldnt wrap up any RBs and was one of the few guys out there who did play like he gave a damn but like I've said when it came to opponents passing, Terrell disappeared like the rest of our D.

Antoine Winfield had no business being there and yea Terrell Thomas did have good enough a year to be there.

The Vikings led the league in sacks and QB pressure like that should equate to more than 1 pick with 3 passes defensed.

It is ridiculous that he gets in with those numbers, while TT has 5 picks with 13 passes defensed on a team averaging one

less sack a game than the Vikings.

The good news is we have depth at CB.

That would be true if you weren't talking about the 2009 NEW YORK GIANTS, whose front seven were the ones missing tackles left and right, and getting run all over. Add in safeties that missed an assignment once every three downs, and Terrell Thomas quickly becomes the ONLY bright spot in the secondary this past season. Put simply, he got a lot of tackles because teams made it to the second level ALOT against us.

He's got a point, Terrell Thomas had a solid year for us and will most likely keep his starting spot over Ross, who was shaky in his return.

Pro Bowl?---maybe not

Thrown all over?----Absolutely not.

Actually I thought he played pretty well too - maybe not Pro Bowl well - but I was just nitpicking the use of the stats. And I'll say this for Thomas, he's a good tackler for a cornerback.

I just jumped over to footballoutsiders.com to see if they had any statistical insight on cornerback tackles this season and found these article: Stat of the Day: Pass Tackles for Cornerbacks & Stat of the Day: Top 10 CB in Run Plays

Guess what...you're very right about Thomas in run defense, he had 40 tackles on RBs this season, most in the league, and was good against WRs after the catch too.

So instead of having a crap load of tackles, its really like he has about an average number...which all things considered is pretty good.

Antoine Winfield had no business being there and yea Terrell Thomas did have good enough a year to be there.

The Vikings led the league in sacks and QB pressure like that should equate to more than 1 pick with 3 passes defensed.

It is ridiculous that he gets in with those numbers, while TT has 5 picks with 13 passes defensed on a team averaging one

less sack a game than the Vikings.

The good news is we have depth at CB.

Antoine Winfield probably only had one pick and three passes defensed because teams didn't throw at him very much.

And INTs is a right place, right time sort of stat. The league leader was an unheralded rookie. The NCAA record holder was once Dean Cain...aka Clark Kent. A single season's worth of INTs is a worthless stat, especially without knowing how many times a player had an opportunity to pick one off.