SportsWrath

Terrell Thomas

socalscholar

Antoine Winfield probably only had one pick and three passes defensed because teams didn't throw at him very much.

And INTs is a right place, right time sort of stat. The league leader was an unheralded rookie. The NCAA record holder was once Dean Cain...aka Clark Kent. A single season's worth of INTs is a worthless stat, especially without knowing how many times a player had an opportunity to pick one off.

This is absolutely true; the best corners have very low stats because they simply disallow plays to happen around them.

That would be true if you weren't talking about the 2009 NEW YORK GIANTS, whose front seven were the ones missing tackles left and right, and getting run all over. Add in safeties that missed an assignment once every three downs, and Terrell Thomas quickly becomes the ONLY bright spot in the secondary this past season. Put simply, he got a lot of tackles because teams made it to the second level ALOT against us.

He's got a point, Terrell Thomas had a solid year for us and will most likely keep his starting spot over Ross, who was shaky in his return.

Pro Bowl?---maybe not

Thrown all over?----Absolutely not.

I would agree with Storm on this. TT was one of the few bright spots on defense. And since sound defense requires everyone to be in the right place, I think he was swamped by the crappy play of his teammates.

When the pass rush gives the QB all day to find the open guy, and when safety support is non-existent, even the best CBs are going to eventually pay.

Pro Bowl or not, this kid (was he a rookie???) has a bright future. In fact, TT, Webster, Ross, and hopefull Phillips could give Fewell a much better secondary next year.

That assumes Phillips will come back healthy....that's the biggest personnel question mark on this team.

And I don't know what Ross does in the off-season, but if he suffers another hammy next season, it will be a huge WTF???

i think thomas was def a high point on our defense.

he had times when he didnt play well. but overall i think he had a good season, not a great season. possibly very good.

He really fell off towards the tail end of the season, the final four games he played mediocre to poor. I don't think it's a testament to his season though, because not a single defensive player managed to play well in that final four game span, anyway...

Actually I thought he played pretty well too - maybe not Pro Bowl well - but I was just nitpicking the use of the stats. And I'll say this for Thomas, he's a good tackler for a cornerback.

I just jumped over to footballoutsiders.com to see if they had any statistical insight on cornerback tackles this season and found these article: Stat of the Day: Pass Tackles for Cornerbacks & Stat of the Day: Top 10 CB in Run Plays

Guess what...you're very right about Thomas in run defense, he had 40 tackles on RBs this season, most in the league, and was good against WRs after the catch too.

So instead of having a crap load of tackles, its really like he has about an average number...which all things considered is pretty good.

Yah, that averages out much better...so around 45 tackles after the catch...definitely a mixture of having to cover in run support and falling off at the end of the season and giving up plays. Definitely the most solid player in the secondary, and excellent considering it's his first full year as a starter but definitely room for improvement. All things considered, good at converting on bad passes with the pick, solid at defending the pass in the air, and good in run support...

It's the "Harry Carson Rule" The average player on a below average NYG defense gets in.

Besides, it's only if you were picked first does it mean something. And even then, very little.

LOL....I love your avatar. "This is the big one Elizabeth!!!" :LMAO:

:unsure: Ooops.....I mean, Terrell Thomas did great this yr. TT Rocks. :blush:

LOL....I love your avatar. "This is the big one Elizabeth!!!" :LMAO:

:unsure: Ooops.....I mean, Terrell Thomas did great this yr. TT Rocks. :blush:

William Beatty is crazy mad with jealousy. He Twittered me and asked me to suspend you from posting for 24 hours. That's TT's #. 24. He figures that'll be a stark reminder of just who you're fucking around on.

William Beatty is crazy mad with jealousy. He Twittered me and asked me to suspend you from posting for 24 hours. That's TT's #. 24. He figures that'll be a stark reminder of just who you're fucking around on.

Oh no! Please tell William he is my first true love!! I just wanted to show his teammate some respect....OH NO WILLIAM....PLEASE DONT BE MAD!!!!

:P:D