SportsWrath

JETS

boohyah

Are doing what we should have done last week, it's bad enough they are second citizens, but they will close out the stadium with a hiding, make the playoffs and have a better record. All this with a new coach and rookie QB.. And those fans have no booze in that stadium.

Fuck, it's been a bad season.

Are doing what we should have done last week, it's bad enough they are second citizens, but they will close out the stadium with a hiding, make the playoffs and have a better record. All this with a new coach and rookie QB.. And those fans have no booze in that stadium.

Fuck, it's been a bad season.

Yes and we will open the new stadium by making a lot of noise in the NFL.

I can appreciate what the Jets are doing. Ryan is giving them a defensive identity. Revis really helps that team.

I've liked Rex Ryan since he was with the Ravens. I appreciate the swagger he's given the Jets....and he's been a lightning rod for the sports press.

Revis is a tremendous player.....and their offensive line is excellent.

They are a good team and they have damn good defensive coach and a defensive Co-ordinator and they are playing awesome on D within their limits with smart schemes. They have a good OL and a punishing running game and are keeping their QB from putting the game on his shoulders. Simple, smart strategy. Very unlike the other team that plays home games in the same stadium. Bad Coordinators, average coach, idiot players who are product of idiotic scheming and always put the game on the QB's shoulders especially when all the WRs come out of KFC with oily hands.

I don't understand the animosity towards the Jets. If I had to pick a second team, it'd be the Giants. I want them to win when it doesn't hurt the Jets. I mean, I don't actively root for them, but I don't want them to lose, either. I just don't get why so many Giants fans, here in particular, hate the Jets.

I don't understand the animosity towards the Jets. If I had to pick a second team, it'd be the Giants. I want them to win when it doesn't hurt the Jets. I mean, I don't actively root for them, but I don't want them to lose, either. I just don't get why so many Giants fans, here in particular, hate the Jets.

I do not hate the Jets in so much as I do not wish them any particular misfortune... but I will not be rooting for them to make it to the superbowl.... although the dependence on a power running game and dominating defense is how I like my football....

Joe Namath drunk- barfed on my sister. :furious::rolleyes:

I agree. Unless the Jets are playing the Giants, I always pull for them to win. Just like I pull for the Mets, even though I'm a Yankee fan.

I always pull for the NY Metro area teams. Now that I live in the Chicago metro area, I do the same here, as long as it's not against the Giants/Yankees/Devils/Nets.

I agree. Unless the Jets are playing the Giants, I always pull for them to win. Just like I pull for the Mets, even though I'm a Yankee fan.

I always pull for the NY Metro area teams. Now that I live in the Chicago metro area, I do the same here, as long as it's not against the Giants/Yankees/Devils/Nets.

I dunno as a Yankees fan I don't feel any desire to pull for the Mets....but the Jets on the other hand...they have an organizational history of fucking things up. They're greatest player is the vastly overrated Joe Namath. I feel bad for the Jets.

I dunno as a Yankees fan I don't feel any desire to pull for the Mets....but the Jets on the other hand...they have an organizational history of fucking things up. They're greatest player is the vastly overrated Joe Namath. I feel bad for the Jets.

Not so much a desire, but more like a "hey, they're a New York team, so why not?" deal.

Ok I can root for the Jets (even they are second class citizens) But I swear to god if somebody doesn't do something about the god damn Cowboys I am gonna go on a rampage!! :ranting2:

i have a feeling that andy reid was playing possum yesterday (once he knew they weren't going to win) and you will see a whole new game plan next week. wade may have that wtf look on his face yet again.

Guest StrahansGap

I'm a die hard Giants fan. I have a deep hatred for Jets fans. Every year we have to hear that they are going to the Super Bowl. BUT...........I'm a New Yorker, and I have to root for them. Let's face it....at least the Jets gave Giants Stadium a good send off. Thank you to the NFL for scheduling it like that. It would have been bad if the last GAME played at the old stadium was that abortion of a football game in the Carolina vs Giants. Good luck Jets!!!!!!!!

Exit, I used to go to some Jets games years ago, and frankly the fan base sucks. There are way more assholes out there than Giant fans. Just lots of ignorance.

Every Sunday, it used to be 2 football games, Giants and Jets. But the Jets simply did things to get front page of the newspaper. The fact is that I actually respect what they are trying to do these last 2 seasons. I think Tannebaum is okay, they got some good players in free agency, Thomas Jones was the steal of the decade, Revis is excellent, and now you've got Sanchez. I think Ryan really gives this team some character finally, he's like his Dad, without the dickhead part. Now with the move to the new Stadium, the Jets might actually have some legitimacy to them.

Leeds will probably go on and win the FA cup now .......that sort of season !

Christ, I sat there with my head in my hands watching that. What do you make of your 2 favorite teams absolutely making no effort at all in one day??

UK, I get 606 on podcast over here, do you ever listen to it?. All the calls for Fergie's head are laughable, he's worse than Rafa now!!. There was nothing wrong with that team yesterday except you knew Berbatov wasn't going to do shit. No-one had any problems when they went into teams like Southampton etc last year and beat them with a worse team on the road, or the team they beat Wolfsburg with.

Liverpool didn't look too sharp against reading did they, and that's a poor Reading team.

I read today that if the Jets beat the Bengals this week and advance to the divisional round against the Colts that the league is going to ask the Colts to play blindfolded to help the Jets out again.tongue.gif j/k.

Good for the Jets, 2 weeks ago most of the fanbase I converse was all like "same old Jets", but hey they did what they had to do and won their games. More than the Giants can say(although the Giants actually got no help anyway so 10 wins would be out anyway)

As for the fans, this is what bothers me. Today ones I spoke to made it about the Giants. I heard things like "at least we know how to close out a building" and "we would have beaten the Colts anyway". My response was "well you certainly do not know how to bring a championship home to the building" and "we DID beat the Pats".... its all in fun, but some of their fanbase makes it very difficult to pull for them.

Maybe cause I am a Met fan and I know for every failure the Yankees have the last 30 years the Mets have 300 of them. I understand that my teams miniscule success dwarfs the Yankees, sadly I do not think many Jet fans get this fact and become asses about it.

Anyway Jets 16 Bengals 10