SportsWrath

Oh Well.....Nevermind

JackStroud

Sheridan is fucking History .....so are Robbins , Pierce , CC Brown , Bernard ,Dockery , Rouse , Johnson , Wilkinson ......maybe even Osi ......all gone ( IMHO )

Dockery is a decent back-up and Johnson isn't bad... everyone else including Osi... well goodbye.

Dockery is a decent back-up and Johnson isn't bad... everyone else including Osi... well goodbye.

Osi probably isn't going anywhere...but Dockery is garbage, man. His limp wristed attempts at tackling are cowardly.

yes i think each time we lost, it was against coaches who outsmarted our defense. today, was the coup d'état.

To some extent that's true, but even Bill Sheridan can't get on(and stay on---injuries) the field, get pressure on QBs, tackle, or time blitzes correctly.

To some extent that's true, but even Bill Sheridan can't get on(and stay on---injuries) the field, get pressure on QBs, tackle, or time blitzes correctly.

no doubt the D was under manned but they had exactly the same scheme as last week- without regard for the opponent who couldn't have been more different. i wouldn't be surprised if he did one of those "i thought we were playing dallas" things like fassel's DC did.

Dockery is gone at season end anyway, because someone will pay him more money than we want to a la James Butler.. I'd keep Bruce Johnson as a backup, he's been okay.

More than likely Robbins is done, and Rocky Bernard needs to go. Hopefully Alford comes back and is an improvement.

But if the Giants ever needed proof they need to draft top linebackers in the first round, then John beason showed them why today.

no doubt the D was under manned but they had exactly the same scheme as last week- without regard for the opponent who couldn't have been more different. i wouldn't be surprised if he did one of those "i thought we were playing dallas" things like fassel's DC did.

I just think the talent isn't there on defense. The schemes blow, to be sure, but it doesn't account for our "star" players doing absolutely garbage this entire season. No defensive line pressure, no big plays in the secondary aside from Terrell Thomas, and inability to tackle and cover at the linebacker position aren't the coaches fault.

Dockery is gone at season end anyway, because someone will pay him more money than we want to a la James Butler.. I'd keep Bruce Johnson as a backup, he's been okay.

More than likely Robbins is done, and Rocky Bernard needs to go. Hopefully Alford comes back and is an improvement.

But if the Giants ever needed proof they need to draft top linebackers in the first round, then John beason showed them why today.

Instead we draft linebackers who are strong suited in one aspect of the game, what kind of mentality is that? I have never understood that. I liked the Sintim pick and even the Goff pick but damn, can we just pick up an all around stud? Not just a guy that excels against the pass(Osi) or a guy that excels only against the run (Pierce).

Most teams that have picked up linebackers in the 1st or 2nd round in the draft in recent years have benefitted more than not in recent years. It's the way to go.

I'm also disappointed in Michael Johnson this year, he's been poor overall when he played. I know that CC Brown is not the answer but he tries and he tackles hard, he's better against the run yet he got damn all snaps this game.

Also Osi is supposed to have played 5 snaps!!!. That's nuts.

Sheridan shouldn't be given a second chance here, in the booth or downstairs. Fresh ideas needed.

Most teams that have picked up linebackers in the 1st or 2nd round in the draft in recent years have benefitted more than not in recent years. It's the way to go.

I'm also disappointed in Michael Johnson this year, he's been poor overall when he played. I know that CC Brown is not the answer but he tries and he tackles hard, he's better against the run yet he got damn all snaps this game.

Also Osi is supposed to have played 5 snaps!!!. That's nuts.

Sheridan shouldn't be given a second chance here, in the booth or downstairs. Fresh ideas needed.

I'm not at all surprised about Osi not playing. He's played like uninspired garbage all season.

I'm not at all surprised about Osi not playing. He's played like uninspired garbage all season.

You can take your pick of players out there being garbage, but Osi has an ability to rush the passer, so inspired or not, he should be playing more.

You can take your pick of players out there being garbage, but Osi has an ability to rush the passer, so inspired or not, he should be playing more.

You take ineffective players out of the lineup. That's the way it is. Especially against one of the best rushing teams in the league. Osi cannot possibly help in run support. Not that anyone else did either.

You take ineffective players out of the lineup. That's the way it is. Especially against one of the best rushing teams in the league. Osi cannot possibly help in run support. Not that anyone else did either.

Storm, look around. He's not been up to scratch, but who has that can come in an effectively replace him?. Think about something you brought up last week about having guys attempting to strip the ball and how it seems to be lacking. Well Osi has done that in the past and he's done it twice this year to the QB if I'M correct. He should at least be in on every 3rd down play and he wasn't.

Sheridan is fucking History .....so are Robbins , Pierce , CC Brown , Bernard ,Dockery , Rouse , Johnson , Wilkinson ......maybe even Osi ......all gone ( IMHO )

And one of the Thomas' playing safety....forget arm tackles....that guy was tackling with his hands/fingers... :rolleyes:

I agree with you 100%.....what Sheri did not think Carolina would not look at the film for Christ's sake... :rolleyes:

Storm, look around. He's not been up to scratch, but who has that can come in an effectively replace him?. Think about something you brought up last week about having guys attempting to strip the ball and how it seems to be lacking. Well Osi has done that in the past and he's done it twice this year to the QB if I'M correct. He should at least be in on every 3rd down play and he wasn't.

I'm just saying it shouldn't be at all surprising that he wasn't on the field very often today---to him or to us. Denver tore him a new one and ran his ass over when he was out there. Carolina is a very similar team to Denver in the running game. Carolina took an early lead and had all game to run the ball. Of course Osi isn't gonna be on the field much. He's a pass rush only defensive end. He needs to quit bitching and know his role. If you're gonna pack it in on run plays and only defend the pass, you aren't gonna be playing the first 2 downs most of the time.

You are right though, no one did anything to stop the run, regardless.

I would guess the 5 plays (which I would think is a little bit of an exaggeration on his part because I've yet to read anywhere that actually says he was only in for 5 plays) he was in on were 3rd down and long passes. And he was obviously ineffective anyway...

And one of the Thomas' playing safety....forget arm tackles....that guy was tackling with his hands/fingers... :rolleyes:

I hope you aren't talking about our only bright spot on defense, Terrell Thomas. Because it was Dockery missing all the tackles...but Thomas WAS getting blocked out of the plays by Steve Smith but Smith is akin to Hines Ward in his blocking abilities.

I remember the 80's Giants would just bring in George Martin on third down plays just for his ability to rush the passer, cause fumbles...and yes intercept the ball as well. And he was not a liability against the run either if I remember correctly. Osi could have been inserted on most of the third down plays. And lets can the defensive shuttling of players on the D-line...we have no Strahan who needed the break and none of these guys ever got into a rhythm. Once Tuck got hurt by that Dirty Bastard the pass rush went out the window.

I hope you aren't talking about our only bright spot on defense, Terrell Thomas. Because it was Dockery missing all the tackles...but Thomas WAS getting blocked out of the plays by Steve Smith but Smith is akin to Hines Ward in his blocking abilities.

Well one of the safeties was getting eaten up out there....with finger tackles....the entire secondary needs a clinic on tackling and proper angles to the ball.