SportsWrath

Gilbride for President

JMFP

Get a grip, it's a joke. You can dish it but can't take it.

Gilbride's play-calling has been exceptional this season in most of the games I've seen this season. Tonight it was as perfect a game as we can expect play-calling wise. In the past, he has earned the criticism. The Denver game specifically sticks out. But this guy isn't as bad as he's been made out to be. There are times where we all can go, "that was really stupid." Like the third and five draw play in the Eagles game. Or the 2nd down and goal play action pass to Kevin Boothe. But I doubt there is an offensive coordinator in the league that doesn't get criticism like that from their fan base. Nobody makes play calls that work to perfection every time, every game. And every one of these OC's have their bad games where it seems like the DC on the opposing team is one step ahead. But sometimes it's just the players' lack of execution, and sometimes, it's unreasonable expectations and too much monday morning quarterbacking by us fans' that earns an OC too much criticism.

Thanks for the thread, Joe! It is more than fair to give this guy some credit after the game tonight.

Im still not sold on this guy. He is only one 'bad draw play on 3rd and 5 with the game on the line in the playoffs' away from being beheaded.

Good game tonight though.

BTW - That fake field goal shit - is it possible that that was quite possibly the shittiest - i mean the absolute shittiest - play Ive ever seen in the history of the NFL?

Get a grip, it's a joke. You can dish it but can't take it.

I've yet to personally insult any of you while defending my own views the best way I can so you can understand where I'm coming from. Iceman does.

I actually don't mind Gilbride, he has his share of stupid calls, but sometimes those runs on 3rd and 4 work. My gripe all year has been with Jacobs running abilities and their tendency to send him outside, which is a completely legitimate gripe that many others share.

He's nearly brilliant in calling the air game, though.

Im still not sold on this guy. He is only one 'bad draw play on 3rd and 5 with the game on the line in the playoffs' away from being beheaded.

BTW - That fake field goal shit - is it possible that that was quite possibly the shittiest - i mean the absolute shittiest - play Ive ever seen in the history of the NFL?

That was like Frank the Tank taking the mic from Snoop Dogg onstage at the party yelling, "we're going streaking!" Zorn must have thought that was a great idea... but to the rest of us... you're just speechless.

The shittiest call I've ever seen wasn't the play--it was calling it again after Coughlin called the time out.

"They'll never expect a trick play twice!" :LMAO:

The shittiest call I've ever seen wasn't the play--it was calling it again after Coughlin called the time out.

"They'll never expect a trick play twice!" :LMAO:

The worst was that when the ball was snapped like only 2 players started running. That play was a complete bust from the beginning.

Props to Giulbride for last night, he called a good game. Though with everything working there was no need for any adjustments, perfect conditions for him. Great game by the OLine including the new plug-ins. I actually enjoyed watching our screens!

The worst was that when the ball was snapped like only 2 players started running. That play was a complete bust from the beginning.

Even better was that they pulled that same crap the last time we played, in the exact same situation. If I remembered that, did Zorn think Coughlin didn't? :jerkoff:

LOL....you're not kidding about the FG fake. I was laughing at the play for like five minutes afterwards.. Stupidest play I've EVER seen, from design to execution.

I liked the 3rd & 5 draw back when the offense was Tiki Barber and an incompletion to Burress.

LOL....you're not kidding about the FG fake. I was laughing at the play for like five minutes afterwards.. Stupidest play I've EVER seen, from design to execution.

You know it wouldn't be terible if a) we had no time outs and b) they actually did the onside kick rather than trying to pass it. If you're going to pass anyway why tip the defense off to where it's being thrown? Just fake the kick and run routes off the line.

You know it wouldn't be terible if a) we had no time outs and b) they actually did the onside kick rather than trying to pass it. If you're going to pass anyway why tip the defense off to where it's being thrown? Just fake the kick and run routes off the line.

it was supposed to go to the snapper (87). all hunter saw was 3 linemen coming his way and he bailed. don't blame him.