SportsWrath

How much do the vagiants lose by?

donovan4prez

I predict the Eagles win 23-21

That's about right.. another close game between two good rivals... The Eagles got our #... so as far as I'm concerned, this is the most important and toughest game of the season.

Do the Giants have a mascots. :confused:

well, they aren't the "New York Football Team, Ya Know, The Blue Ones"....some dude dressed up in a silly suit is not a requisite for having a mascot. Ours has to be a Giant...a big ass dude...

:giants: if rouse has another sloid day on the field our defense may hold up. if the giants are a good team, which i think they are, we can win. if we cant stop westbrook, we are gonna lose.

Honestly, I think Westbrook is, in all likelihood, retiring following this season...from what I've read the dude has some real concerns about his health...2 concussions in 3 weeks will do that to you...

Further, I think, for this week at least, we better be worrying about Lesean Mccoy and DeSean Jackson(teams have been passing on us at will)...from what I've read, Reid wants to ease Westbrook back in, meaning he's probably not going to be featured....maybe come in as third down back at least against us....

LeSean and DeSean are the keys in this match up - not Westbrook. If we can contain one of the 2 and get pressure on McNabb and if our OL has the game of its life to protect Eli - then we have a shot. But Im not too confident we can beat the Eagles. I hope Im wrong.

Not to be a Debbie Downer/Negative Nancy, but I honestly have absolutely no idea what anyone has seen in these Giants that has gotten their hopes up so high...IMO, the Dallas win was Dallas playing poorly and us playing better than average.

This is an 8-8 team, at best, and I honestly hope our chances to go to the playoffs are stomped by the Eagles so we can get some new blood in here (mostly I mean coordinators and coaches when I say new blood)...and a much better draft pick.

Not to be a Debbie Downer/Negative Nancy, but I honestly have absolutely no idea what anyone has seen in these Giants that has gotten their hopes up so high...IMO, the Dallas win was Dallas playing poorly and us playing better than average.

This is an 8-8 team, at best, and I honestly hope our chances to go to the playoffs are stomped by the Eagles so we can get some new blood in here (mostly I mean coordinators and coaches when I say new blood)...and a much better draft pick.

I didnt see much in this team either - except for the part where they learnt how to shut down the run. But Im too much blueblood to hope they lose so they get a better draft pick. But whatever be the situation - the 2 co-ordinators need to go and we need some young blood on the Coaching staff a.l.a Spags. I just hope they somehow get a win over the Eagles, because that will give us huge momentum - a momentum automatically makes better players on the field.

I didnt see much in this team either - except for the part where they learnt how to shut down the run. But Im too much blueblood to hope they lose so they get a better draft pick. But whatever be the situation - the 2 co-ordinators need to go and we need some young blood on the Coaching staff a.l.a Spags. I just hope they somehow get a win over the Eagles, because that will give us huge momentum - a momentum automatically makes better players on the field.

True, I prolly sound like a shitty fan but I simply can't bear another shut out in the playoffs if we even do make it...because we will definitely get embarrassed and picked apart by teams like the Vikes (the REAL best Dline in football), Packers, and Saints

True, I prolly sound like a shitty fan but I simply can't bear another shut out in the playoffs if we even do make it...because we will definitely get embarrassed and picked apart by teams like the Vikes (the REAL best Dline in football), Packers, and Saints

Yeah I agree - but then again, for any fan - Playoffs is Playoffs! Anything can happen. Saints will definitely pick us apart, but Im not too sure about the Vikes (with Favre showing signs of fucking shit up come the end of the season) or the Packers - who I think are still pretending. But making the playoff should in NO WAY make these 2 fucking Co-ordinators stay! And fuck that whole Pick the best player available - get a fucking MLB in the 1st round! Period!

Seriously?? Dont get me wrong, Im not saying we are superbowl bound over that game, but we definitly looked like our old selfs. Tons of pressure. And dont let the passing numbers fool you, all they had was the pass, so romo was going to throw for alot of yards. If (and this is a big if) if we can play like that the rest of the season, we should be able to make a run.

Seriously?? Dont get me wrong, Im not saying we are superbowl bound over that game, but we definitly looked like our old selfs. Tons of pressure. And dont let the passing numbers fool you, all they had was the pass, so romo was going to throw for alot of yards. If (and this is a big if) if we can play like that the rest of the season, we should be able to make a run.

Agreed. It wasnt that long ago tis team won a SB and went 12-4 the next season with mostly this same squad. We were decimated by injuris on D, and are adjusting to a new DC. We looked like crap in the beginning of our SB yr adjusting to Spags. I think the win vs DAL was the spark we needed. Im hopeful.

Giants 30

Egirls 23

Agreed. It wasnt that long ago tis team won a SB and went 12-4 the next season with mostly this same squad. We were decimated by injuris on D, and are adjusting to a new DC. We looked like crap in the beginning of our SB yr adjusting to Spags. I think the win vs DAL was the spark we needed. Im hopeful.

Giants 30

Egirls 23

This is more accurate prediction as the Giants will have to score 30+ points to win. As a matter fact the Giants have had to score 30+ points to beat any good team. That's why I am not too confident in the Giants making the playoffs as the D is not helping win games still and the chances of the Giants scoring 30+ points the rest of the way is not very likely. I am hopeful but this D has shut no good team down yet.

All they had was the pass because they gave up on the run entirely too early, similar to what we do.

We had one sack. From a safety. On a disguised blitz. What are you talking about pressure? Pressure would have resulted in mistakes like picks or fumbles...the "pressure" you speak off allowed Romo an unheard of 77% completion percentage. Fact remains our defensive line is unable to get any pressure.

Be objective for a brief second:

We have basically a rookie starting at MLB leaving Boley as our only solid linebacker....Aaron Rouse is currently the best player in our secondary, which isn't saying much when you consider Bruce Johnson has been covering number 1 wide receivers when the teams try to create mismatches (out of curiosity, is this by design that we put Johnson on better receivers like Witten and Roy Williams....is there no way to account for that when teams do it? Probably not, this is Bill Sheridan we're talking about)....our defensive line hasn't gotten a single sack in something like 4 games...opponents have something like a 60% 3rd down percentage.....we give up TDs in the Red Zone 80% of the time......we SCORE TDs in the Red Zone something like 30% of the time....our franchise QB is playing pretty poorly and our receivers aren't giving him any help and have to be close to leading the league in drops. We have one running back that fumbles and one that Riverdances to the line, actually that's giving him too much credit because Riverdance isn't gay....I could go on but you get the point.

Do you actually watch other teams play or solely the Giants? In all seriousness, I'm curious, I want to know how you figure we can compete with teams like Minnesota, GB, and the Saints. Those teams have good running games AND good passing games. Minnesota's D is one of the best in the NFL. And for all the doubters, Minnesota plays in the MetroDOME...I seriously doubt that Favre will "fall apart in December". That's for the Cowboys to do...which they very obviously did against us.

Giants 30

Egirls 23

1. Two years is ages in the NFL---and, quite frankly, other teams improve too--- besides, the chances of a team getting back to the Super Bowl in the same decade let alone in a 2 year span are pretty slim...the Patriots did it, the Steelers did it, we just BARELY did it (at 7 years), and then you got the Bills and Cowboys back in the early 90s, as some examples....the window of opportunity closes too fast, look at them Pats...that's basically the same team as the team we played against in 07....they're worse off than we are currently.

2. It'd be a different story if you had some actual evidence we've "turned it around"...all I saw sloppy play (look up) that just happened to get bailed out by Domenik Hixon's sick punt return. You should realize the game goes to OT if we don't get a fluke punt return TD at just the right moment.

3. We played above average. The Cowboys played poorly---and STILL could have won.

1. Two years is ages in the NFL---and, quite frankly, other teams improve too--- besides, the chances of a team getting back to the Super Bowl in the same decade let alone in a 2 year span are pretty slim...the Patriots did it, the Steelers did it, we just BARELY did it (at 7 years), and then you got the Bills and Cowboys back in the early 90s, as some examples....the window of opportunity closes too fast, look at them Pats...that's basically the same team as the team we played against in 07....they're worse off than we are currently.

2. It'd be a different story if you had some actual evidence we've "turned it around"...all I saw sloppy play (look up) that just happened to get bailed out by Domenik Hixon's sick punt return. You should realize the game goes to OT if we don't get a fluke punt return TD at just the right moment.

3. We played above average. The Cowboys played poorly---and STILL could have won.

umm...the 49ers, broncos, rams, redskins, raiders, steelers, dolphins, packers, bengals to name some others. that is almost 50% of the league accomplishing that.

but all that aside, the dog agrees that 2 years is ages in the NFL, especially now when a team can come out of nowhere and win a super bowl after being off the map the year or years before...

umm...the 49ers, broncos, rams, redskins, raiders, steelers, dolphins, packers, bengals to name some others. that is almost 50% of the league accomplishing that.

but all that aside, the dog agrees that 2 years is ages in the NFL, especially now when a team can come out of nowhere and win a super bowl after being off the map the year or years before...

You're missing the point that the NFL today is grossly different than the NFL even in the 90s, "the Dog", which I was trying to imply by not wasting my time looking beyond 1990 where repeat champions happened occasionally.

And while you try to undermine me, you do validate my point that dynasties and repeat championships are neigh impossible this day and age. So somewhere in that numskull of yours you realized the point I was trying to make all along. Meaning you just wanted to be an obnoxious dick hole (the kind the burn when you pee).

(Hint: "10 years" is hyperbole, ya fuckin nutcase)

You're missing the point that the NFL today is grossly different than the NFL even in the 90s, "the Dog", which I was trying to imply by not wasting my time looking beyond 1990 where repeat champions happened occasionally.

And while you try to undermine me, you validate my point that dynasties and repeat championships are neigh impossible this day and age. So somewhere in that numskull of yours you realized the point I was trying to make all along. Meaning you just wanted to be an obnoxious dick hole (the kind the burn when you pee).

(Hint: "10 years" is hyperbole, ya fuckin nutcase)

You do realize the Dog was agreeing with you right?

Whats up Storm you've been a real ass on the forums recently?

You do realize the Dog was agreeing with you right?

Whats up Storm you've been a real ass on the forums recently?

Dog doesn't count. I'll hate on Dog all day, and that was totally a backhanded "agreement" by the Dog, anyway.

And what are you even referring to? The fact that everyone's suddenly turned into homers again like a bunch of dopes and I've been trying to bring them back to Earth??