SportsWrath

Defensive Coordinator candidates

JMFP

My choice is Romeo Crennel.

•  
  • Former Giant coach; well-respected by the front office.
  • Already had his head coaching spot; plug him in the DC chair, and he'll be there as long as you want.
  • 3 Super Bowl Rings as Defensive Coordinator of the Patriots.
  • Another Parcells disciple.

My choice is Romeo Crennel.

• Former Giant coach; well-respected by the front office.
  • Already had his head coaching spot; plug him in the DC chair, and he'll be there as long as you want.
  • 3 Super Bowl Rings as Defensive Coordinator of the Patriots.
  • Another Parcells disciple.

Romeo Crennel is a 3-4 coach. Our defense is set up to run a 4-3...

That's what reset buttons are for, Nem, and I'd be willing to reset right now since what we're doing now isn't working.

Seems like everyone will be jumping on your bandwagon Now if only Tom will

also let's Say Tom is done this year and we can bring in Cowher . Who does he have ties with for coordinators ? I know he would want "HIS" guy's. I doubt he would get LeBeau.

John Fox

Paul Schwartz had an interesting article today regarding hiring John Fox as DC if he gets fired.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/giants_could_benefit_from_panthers_ZZqM9ugGOKa0ddxDg8yizM

I have to say, your suggestion makes a ton of sense. Fox could come in as Assistant Head Coach / Defense, and as the obvious successor to Coughlin.

The Maras love Fox....they came very close to canning Fassel in order to get Fox as HC....I wouldn't be surprised if this plays out.

his loyalty to jake del homme is definitely troubling.

When Jake went down 2 years ago the team couldn't do shit. Then he plays decently last year so they extend his contract; then he implodes completely. Evaluating players is a quasi science so you have to give him a slight pass. To be honest all this coach firing almost never helps and they were second best in the NFC last year. If Carolina thinks that firing Fox will fix anything then the NFL cellar will welcome them back. Everybody is acting, on this MB also, that Cowher or Shanahan or let's say Holmgren can fix a team but in reality very few coaches find constant success. Hell Coughlin has had about as much consistent success as you can expect from your HC.

Paul Schwartz had an interesting article today regarding hiring John Fox as DC if he gets fired.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/giants_could_benefit_from_panthers_ZZqM9ugGOKa0ddxDg8yizM

I have to say, your suggestion makes a ton of sense. Fox could come in as Assistant Head Coach / Defense, and as the obvious successor to Coughlin.

The Maras love Fox....they came very close to canning Fassel in order to get Fox as HC....I wouldn't be surprised if this plays out.

I was only half serious, I'd love to see Fox and I like your scenerio with him being Tom's eventual replacement, but Fox is a proven winner as a head coach, things have just gone stale for him in Carolina. I think he'll get another head coaching job, unless Cowher and Shanahan and some other guys flood the market and take all the better head coaching jobs.

Would be a smart move by both the Giants and Fox if they did that though, Giants get their short term DC plus theuir long term HC, and Fox gets to go into a great situation with a talented team.

When Jake went down 2 years ago the team couldn't do shit. Then he plays decently last year so they extend his contract; then he implodes completely. Evaluating players is a quasi science so you have to give him a slight pass. To be honest all this coach firing almost never helps and they were second best in the NFC last year. If Carolina thinks that firing Fox will fix anything then the NFL cellar will welcome them back. Everybody is acting, on this MB also, that Cowher or Shanahan or let's say Holmgren can fix a team but in reality very few coaches find constant success. Hell Coughlin has had about as much consistent success as you can expect from your HC.

Not disagreeing with you about Fox- but sooner or later you got to sit a guy down if he's throwing INT's like that. Even if you know he's the best you got. If you don't, you'd better have a good contract.