SportsWrath

The season is not over yet.

JMFP

As depressing as last night's game was, the Cowboy game will be what this season hangs on.

I have nothing to suggest that it won't be another complete embarrassment for our defense. But the fact is, if by some sort of miracle the Giants beat the Cowboys, then they are still in it.

I know, it sounds absurd. I've never seen a more pathetic 6-5 team in my life. But technically, they are still in the hunt. As long as they have a heartbeat, the Giants aren't roadkill....despite all appearances to the contrary.

In the hunt for what, Beating a mediocre NFC East team limping into the playoffs and getting waxed by the 1st true competition. No thanks. I would rather we fall fast and hard so maybe we clean the coaching house.

I have no problem with Coughlin Other than his Loyalty. But the OC and DC need to go.

Put down the crack pipe... This team showed its true colors last night.

Maybe....but we'll know for sure next game against Dallas. Of all the games to lose, the Denver game was probably the least important.

I know, given what I've seen, it's crazy. But fact is, there are 3 more NFC contests to go.

In the hunt for what, Beating a mediocre NFC East team limping into the playoffs and getting waxed by the 1st true competition. No thanks. I would rather we fall fast and hard so maybe we clean the coaching house.

I have no problem with Coughlin Other than his Loyalty. But the OC and DC need to go.

I feel bad about dumping the DC after just one season, but if it happens, I can't really say I'm surprised. This unit is in freefall right now.

The best case scenario is to hire a DC that's already done the head coaching stint....I'd prefer a lifer at the position.

Romeo Crennel would be a tremendous choice, IMO.

I feel bad about dumping the DC after just one season, but if it happens, I can't really say I'm surprised. This unit is in freefall right now.

The best case scenario is to hire a DC that's already done the head coaching stint....I'd prefer a lifer at the position.

Romeo Crennel would be a tremendous choice, IMO.

I think if this team is going to overhaul coaching, then it needs to go in another direction and go with a young coach and new staff. Going with old Giants retreads isn't the way. And Romeo was a resounding failure in Cleveland.

The best thing the Giants did coaching wise was get a young coach like Spagnolo with fresh ideas. They need that again on both sides of the ball.

We were mediocre when we made the playoffs 2 years ago. And it took the 15-0 patriots to wake us up if you think about it.

Or Shockey's injury as some will say here.

I just wrote the same thing over on VG's Facebook page (insert 'you should have told him to his face' joke here).

Gilbride and especially Sheridan have to go. They stocked the cupboard for Sheridan and the guy can't fucking deliver a game plan where the offense doesn't hang 24 on us?

I think if this team is going to overhaul coaching, then it needs to go in another direction and go with a young coach and new staff. Going with old Giants retreads isn't the way. And Romeo was a resounding failure in Cleveland.

The best thing the Giants did coaching wise was get a young coach like Spagnolo with fresh ideas. They need that again on both sides of the ball.

I just made a new thread about the DC position. But to respond, I disagree....I've had it with the up-and-coming crap. We struck gold with Spags, and now he's gone because he was too young and too good.

I just made a new thread about the DC position. But to respond, I disagree....I've had it with the up-and-coming crap. We struck gold with Spags, and now he's gone because he was too young and too good.

I still think Spags was overrated in my opinion.

People on here make it seem like he was a defensive genius, but the fact is he stuck with the same formula of "send as much pressure as I can" even when it was biting us in the ass ala the Eagles playoff game. Sure you can make the cause "but you noob! when Spags was here the defense roxxorzES!!" and I'll admit during the Superbowl playoff run and in the regular season of '08 the D was great. However when teams figured out "Hey just stop their D-line and their LB/Secondary is mediocre" and thats exactly what the Eagles and teams are doing to us now. Their stopping this so called "Pro-bowl Dline" and exposing our below average LB core with the great LBs of Blackburn and Chase.

Our Secondary I dont think is so bad, Webster vs Marshall I'll give him a push, Marshall is a beast of a WR which I dont think many CBs can cover and with Ross playing the safety position most of the night he was out of his element. Johnson is alright if he has a good safety across from him, fuck I hope Phillips recovers well. CC and Rouse shouldnt even be near an NFL team let alone on one.

Maybe it's time we start realizing that the Superbowl run was a run of luck/chance. We got lucky getting hot when we did and it payed off, I'm not saying we won in the playoffs with luck we outplayed the teams we faced but maybe were not a team like the Colts/Pats who can make a push year after year. I mean 08 was our best chance and the entire coaching staff Spags especially shit the bed.

As depressing as last night's game was, the Cowboy game will be what this season hangs on.

I have nothing to suggest that it won't be another complete embarrassment for our defense. But the fact is, if by some sort of miracle the Giants beat the Cowboys, then they are still in it.

I know, it sounds absurd. I've never seen a more pathetic 6-5 team in my life. But technically, they are still in the hunt. As long as they have a heartbeat, the Giants aren't roadkill....despite all appearances to the contrary.

What's the point? Dudes got no heart. It was funny seeing Osi bitch last night when they hardly touched the Bronco's QB... this entire team sucks... I'd rather for the high draft picks at this point.

Maybe....but we'll know for sure next game against Dallas. Of all the games to lose, the Denver game was probably the least important.

I know, given what I've seen, it's crazy. But fact is, there are 3 more NFC contests to go.

Exactly and the Giants won the Superbowl with a 10-6 record. Winning the next 3 should help win the division but I think it's still true that an NFC East team has never won back to back division championships so the Giants have that going against them; and bad play. Sometimes it takes a bad, humiliating loss to turn a team around and hopefully this is the loss.

You mean that wasn't the Saints Loss, Or THe Arizona Loss, Or The Eagles Loss, or the Chargers loss.

This team has no heart. They will continue to be mediocre the remainder of the season.

I agree...there's nothing that has shown us we could ever beat the Redskins and Panthers, let alone Dallas and Philly, at this point. What are you all smoking? We got lucky to hold on against Atlanta and I wish we hadn't so that the playoffs were truly out of reach. Then maybe we could see some youngbloods like Sintim and Beatty getting some real playing time. Maybe throw Ramses Barden, the biggest waste of a 3rd round pick ever, into the mix...he hasn't even dressed for one game.

And if you think about it, the Panthers have 2 good running backs and some solid WRs...they are going to throw all over us. The Skins also have some good WRs. Unless our offense finds its way out of this slump, there's no way the defense holds even those two teams to manageable scores.

And you can't even call them mediocre...that title is reserved for the Jags....

This team is just bad. That was the worst football I've seen played all season by ANY team. A TOTAL embarrassment....

We got a 270lb ballerina, an offensive line that can't run or pass block anymore...a QB that holds onto the ball too long.....defensive ends that rush 10 yards up field on every play, despite run or pass.....linebackers who can't keep up with TONY SHEFFLER(!!!!) let alone good tight ends like Brent Celek and Jason Witten......cornerbacks who are playing 10 yards off, even in the red zone and even on third and short! The Giants are straight ugly and there's absolutely no chance we make the playoffs.

I agree...there's nothing that has shown us we could ever beat the Redskins and Panthers, let alone Dallas and Philly, at this point. What are you all smoking? We got lucky to hold on against Atlanta and I wish we hadn't so that the playoffs were truly out of reach. Then maybe we could see some youngbloods like Sintim and Beatty getting some real playing time. Maybe throw Ramses Barden, the biggest waste of a 3rd round pick ever, into the mix...he hasn't even dressed for one game.

And if you think about it, the Panthers have 2 good running backs and some solid WRs...they are going to throw all over us. The Skins also have some good WRs. Unless our offense finds its way out of this slump, there's no way the defense holds even those two teams to manageable scores.

And you can't even call them mediocre...that title is reserved for the Jags....

This team is just bad. That was the worst football I've seen played all season by ANY team. A TOTAL embarrassment....

We got a 270lb ballerina, an offensive line that can't run or pass block anymore...a QB that holds onto the ball too long.....defensive ends that rush 10 yards up field on every play, despite run or pass.....linebackers who can't keep up with TONY SHEFFLER(!!!!) let alone good tight ends like Brent Celek and Jason Witten......cornerbacks who are playing 10 yards off, even in the red zone and even on third and short! The Giants are straight ugly and there's absolutely no chance we make the playoffs.

This is largely the same personnel that beat the Patriots, and dominated the NFL for most of last year. Same team that went 5-0, including beating Dallas, in Dallas, during their home opener.

The defense sucks....that's a given at this point. But, the offense has played very well at times this year. Eli showed he is capable of carrying this team. Again, I'm not saying the Giants will beat the Cowboys.

But they can, if they can figure a way to straighten shit out.

For starters, I'd suggest that the defensive line include those physically capable of playing; also, I'd prefer we matched their wide receivers with our cornerbacks, instead of linebackers and ends.

This is largely the same personnel that beat the Patriots, and dominated the NFL for most of last year. Same team that went 5-0, including beating Dallas, in Dallas, during their home opener.

The defense sucks....that's a given at this point. But, the offense has played very well at times this year. Eli showed he is capable of carrying this team. Again, I'm not saying the Giants will beat the Cowboys.

But they can, if they can figure a way to straighten shit out.

For starters, I'd suggest that the defensive line include those physically capable of playing; also, I'd prefer we matched their wide receivers with our cornerbacks, instead of linebackers and ends.

I'm sorry man, but when you give up 30 points a game, it's nigh impossible to be confident that your offense can put up 30 points to match it....

BTW, the teams we've beaten....aside from Dallas, their defenses suck.

I'm sorry man, but when you give up 30 points a game, it's nigh impossible to be confident that your offense can put up 30 points to match it....

BTW, the teams we've beaten....aside from Dallas, their defenses suck.

No, I don't have confidence at all.....just the last fumes of hope.

I still think Spags was overrated in my opinion.

People on here make it seem like he was a defensive genius, but the fact is he stuck with the same formula of "send as much pressure as I can" even when it was biting us in the ass ala the Eagles playoff game. Sure you can make the cause "but you noob! when Spags was here the defense roxxorzES!!" and I'll admit during the Superbowl playoff run and in the regular season of '08 the D was great. However when teams figured out "Hey just stop their D-line and their LB/Secondary is mediocre" and thats exactly what the Eagles and teams are doing to us now. Their stopping this so called "Pro-bowl Dline" and exposing our below average LB core with the great LBs of Blackburn and Chase.

Our Secondary I dont think is so bad, Webster vs Marshall I'll give him a push, Marshall is a beast of a WR which I dont think many CBs can cover and with Ross playing the safety position most of the night he was out of his element. Johnson is alright if he has a good safety across from him, fuck I hope Phillips recovers well. CC and Rouse shouldnt even be near an NFL team let alone on one.

Maybe it's time we start realizing that the Superbowl run was a run of luck/chance. We got lucky getting hot when we did and it payed off, I'm not saying we won in the playoffs with luck we outplayed the teams we faced but maybe were not a team like the Colts/Pats who can make a push year after year. I mean 08 was our best chance and the entire coaching staff Spags especially shit the bed.

in other words, spags knew his teams strengths and weaknesses so he played to its strength. that's called coaching. look, you're never going to address all the teams needs during the off season. a good coach looks at the talent and makes game plans designed to accent the strengths and protect the weaknesses.

if spags came in to a team with a secondary like denver or LB's like pittsburgh, you'd see a different plan.

Spags was an innovator, and like Blu mentioned, he understood his personnel.

What I liked about Spags is that while the defense gave up big plays, they played an attacking, aggressive scheme. They played on the edge, and the players loved it.

Having said that, I think if you gave Sheridan Michael Strahan, plus the real Tuck and the real Osi (not these imposters), we might see better results.

in other words, spags knew his teams strengths and weaknesses so he played to its strength. that's called coaching. look, you're never going to address all the teams needs during the off season. a good coach looks at the talent and makes game plans designed to accent the strengths and protect the weaknesses.

if spags came in to a team with a secondary like denver or LB's like pittsburgh, you'd see a different plan.

And Spags didnt do that, thats my point.

He let teams exploit the middle of our D and our slow ass LBs and did nothing to compensate for it. You say "knew his teams strengths and weaknesses" he knew our D-line is what made the D but he did nothing to improve the other aspects of the D. As soon as the D-line created no pass rush our defense looked like it did the other day if not worse.

He let teams exploit the middle of our D and our slow ass LBs and did nothing to compensate for it. You say "knew his teams strengths and weaknesses" he knew our D-line is what made the D but he did nothing to improve the other aspects of the D. As soon as the D-line created no pass rush our defense looked like it did the other day if not worse.

improve how? he wasn't drafting the guys. look, it happens to all teams that make a run. the west coast offense was unstoppable for the 9ers until people got wise to it. same with the 46 defense of buddy ryan- i could go on and on. this D is based on getting to the QB. i think spags would've found more exotic ways to do that if these pedestrian blitz packages that shreddin puts in weren't working.

What was he supposed to do to game plan around slow linebackers? The front office refuses to upgrade that position.

Blitzing and being aggressive and sending those linebackers (also sending corners and safeties occasionally) IS a way to compensate for those guys sucking....

On a similar note...and this has nothing to do with Sheridan, per se....but not a single one of our LBs or defensive backs can blitz. They all either give up what they are doing way too early or are late off the snap and don't get anywhere near the quarterback. This team is defensively pathetic and I really, really hope they are as embarrassed as we are.