SportsWrath

The season is not over yet.

JMFP

And Spags didnt do that, thats my point.

He let teams exploit the middle of our D and our slow ass LBs and did nothing to compensate for it. You say "knew his teams strengths and weaknesses" he knew our D-line is what made the D but he did nothing to improve the other aspects of the D. As soon as the D-line created no pass rush our defense looked like it did the other day if not worse.

Spags wasn't responsible for ignoring the glaring weakness at LB....a weakness that's been exploited since the Carolina playoff game.....that's the GM's job.

I love Reese, but he's neglected the most important defensive position on the field (in my opinion, at least). As a result, we've only got only one linebacker (Boley) who doesn't run like he's got a shit in his pants.

Someone will also need o explain why they've kept DeOssie, Kehl, and Goff on the team....they are gathering dust.

If we don't draft the best linebacker on the board in the 1st round, I'll go batshit crazy next draft.

Spags wasn't responsible for ignoring the glaring weakness at LB....a weakness that's been exploited since the Carolina playoff game.....that's the GM's job.

I love Reese, but he's neglected the most important defensive position on the field (in my opinion, at least). As a result, we've only got only one linebacker (Boley) who doesn't run like he's got a shit in his pants.

Someone will also need o explain why they've kept DeOssie, Kehl, and Goff on the team....they are gathering dust.

If we don't draft the best linebacker on the board in the 1st round, I'll go batshit crazy next draft.

Outstanding outside linebacker prospects litter 2010 draft class http://bit.ly/5L06jS

As depressing as last night's game was, the Cowboy game will be what this season hangs on.

I have nothing to suggest that it won't be another complete embarrassment for our defense. But the fact is, if by some sort of miracle the Giants beat the Cowboys, then they are still in it.

I know, it sounds absurd. I've never seen a more pathetic 6-5 team in my life. But technically, they are still in the hunt. As long as they have a heartbeat, the Giants aren't roadkill....despite all appearances to the contrary.

They're not roadkill if they re-sign that guy that catches the ball with his head and makes your over rated QB look good. If they resign him, all bets are off...

Accorsi also ignored the linebacker position for years. I've never been a fan of Pierce's (much to Money's ire....he always swore by Antonio's fat ass), he's far too slow and unathletic to be a good middle linebacker. Add age to the picture and he's just getting worse and worse and becoming more and more of a liability. Any middle linebacker in the NFL can direct his squad on the field and be that field general we all assume AP is...that's in their job description.

And since we have no backup at the position either, now that he's hurt the players in there are even worse than he is. John Goff is no good or else he'd be in there over Blackburn who's a mere extra body out there because we'd do just as well 10 on 11. Clint Simtim can't even read a defense or line himself up properly without someone else on the field's help (ya ya, the middle linebacker positions everyone...but even Garafolo described situations in which the linebacker has to make a decision on the fly or make a read on their own presnap, something our linebackers cannot do)...WHAT ARE THEY TEACHING THESE ROOKIES!? Not a single LB can blitz correctly (same with the secondary)....not one can cover a tight end, let alone a 4.4 40 running back....it's fucking pathetic.

We pick up a solid linebacker in free agency (Kawika Mitchell) and throw in Matthias Kiwanuka (who, at this point, would be our best linebacker if he was actually inserted there) and we win a fuckin Super Bowl!!! Of course, the very next year they fail to pay Kawika Mitchell any money and he goes on to Buffalo to have another solid season, effectively proving he was well worth the money (KC fans could have told you that all along)....

Instead we pony up millions on defensive tackles that no one else wanted to pay, while defensive tackle was one of our strongest positions (obviously it isn't anymore due to the players being either uninspired or suddenly forgetting how to play football)

Honestly, if I'm Tom Coughlin, I'm stripping Sheridan of the defensive playcalling......I'm inserting Kiwanuka in at an linebacker, I'm moving Justin Tuck to DT, benching Fred Robbins, never allowing Rocky Bernard on the field, and moving Chris Canty out to defensive end, since he was a DEFENSIVE END in a 3-4 (another smart decision, bringing in a 3-4 DE and telling him he's now a DT in a 4-3). It's not a big change up, either, all those players have had experience at each position change I have suggested.

So your D Line from left to right, would be Osi, Tuck, Cofield, Canty....Imagine Osi and Tuck next to each other on the same side, with Osi rushing most QBs blind side. The linebackers would be, left to right, Kiwanuka, Blackburn, Clark.

In the secondary, I'm moving Ross back to corner, I don't care how well Terrell Thomas is playing, he's better suited to be a FS than Ross ever dreamed to be. And never allowing CC Brown on the field, ever. #1 Corner- Webster, #2 Corner- Ross, FS- Thomas SS- Michael Johnson. With Dockery at Nickel, Bruce Johnson only seeing the field on special teams and Aaron Rouse coming on for Dime.

My methods would have the best players on our team on the field all at the same time. No more under-utilizing Kiwanuka and Canty (who I think can be good given the right circumstances, he wasn't bad in Dallas) and getting Aaron Ross back where he belongs.

They're not roadkill if they re-sign that guy that catches the ball with his head and makes your over rated QB look good. If they resign him, all bets are off...

the dog sees tyree's potential role as multi-faceted. it would be a big job, because he would also have to teach the 265 pound "beast" to actually run like a professional RB instead of catching a screen pass in the open field and tip-toeing around the field like he is wearing high heels. he would also have to teach the defensive backs to cover, the vaunted d-line to get off the LOS and rush a passer now and then, and the linebackers to tackle. in addition, he would have to act as both the OC and DC because clearly they are unable to develop a game plan that can account for uninspired, overpaid ego maniacs to actually be productive, and clearly that is the issue. the dog isn't sure tyree is up to that challenge, but the thought is a good one.

the dog sees tyree's potential role as multi-faceted. it would be a big job, because he would also have to teach the 265 pound "beast" to actually run like a professional RB instead of catching a screen pass in the open field and tip-toeing around the field like he is wearing high heels. he would also have to teach the defensive backs to cover, the vaunted d-line to get off the LOS and rush a passer now and then, and the linebackers to tackle. in addition, he would have to act as both the OC and DC because clearly they are unable to develop a game plan that can account for uninspired, overpaid ego maniacs to actually be productive, and clearly that is the issue. the dog isn't sure tyree is up to that challenge, but the thought is a good one.

Okay...maybe they could hire him to open the Meadowland doors for field goal and extra point attempts...

On the positive side, the playoffs have started early for the Giants.

Win this week or stay home. :huh:

Okay...maybe they could hire him to open the Meadowland doors for field goal and extra point attempts...

On the positive side, the playoffs have started early for the Giants.

Win this week or stay home. :huh:

no need. the dog heard the architects of the new stadium consulted with Tyree, who made sure they built the stadium in a fashion that eliminates wind all together. it cost them an additional 20 million, but they are willing to spend any amount to control anything that will assist the million dollar QB baby.

I feel bad about dumping the DC after just one season, but if it happens, I can't really say I'm surprised. This unit is in freefall right now.

The best case scenario is to hire a DC that's already done the head coaching stint....I'd prefer a lifer at the position.

Romeo Crennel would be a tremendous choice, IMO.

Its hard to deny the problems at the top of the defense. The personnel is basically the same, but Sheridan isn't getting the same production out of them. Spags had a rough patch at the start too, but they improved... this D has only gotten worse since the start of the year. Have to face it, Sheridan is a failure as a DC.

the dog sees tyree's potential role as multi-faceted. it would be a big job, because he would also have to teach the 265 pound "beast" to actually run like a professional RB instead of catching a screen pass in the open field and tip-toeing around the field like he is wearing high heels.

Ordinarily, talk like this from an outsider would piss me off, but I think the dog is right on this one. Jacobs=no mas. The guy needs to grow a set and realize he has to fight for a yd or two, even if there isn't any holes opened up for him.

Ordinarily, talk like this from an outsider would piss me off, but I think the dog is right on this one. Jacobs=no mas. The guy needs to grow a set and realize he has to fight for a yd or two, even if there isn't any holes opened up for him.

They've got to stop running him like a scatback and let him use his best asset; momentum. He's never going to be the guy who stays low and springs through creases when they develop, he's a bulldozer and that how they need to use him.

Why are you wasting time with Dog anyway? The Jacobs point has been reiterated a thousand times. It's not like he's saying anything new or insightful.

If only Egg replies to him, he'll go away. Good thing whenever Dog says anything, nothing comes up for me until you guys quote him. :thumbs:

Why are you wasting time with Dog anyway? The Jacobs point has been reiterated a thousand times. It's not like he's saying anything new or insightful.

If only Egg replies to him, he'll go away. Good thing whenever Dog says anything, nothing comes up for me until you guys quote him. :thumbs:

Yeah both of them are on permanent ignore for me. I don't even waste my time looking at any of the responses to them from any of you guys.

They've got to stop running him like a scatback and let him use his best asset; momentum. He's never going to be the guy who stays low and springs through creases when they develop, he's a bulldozer and that how they need to use him.

The problem is that Jacobs is not running hard anymore and even his runs up the middle are not working. Hell on Thursday Ware had better stats running up the middle. Jacobs needs to hit the whole much harder than he has to start being successful. As mentioned many times he hesitates and dances which would work for any RB including Bradshaw or Ware. The fact of the matter is that it looks like Jacobs is scared to smash the D in the face. Even if there is no hole when he is given the ball he should just run straight into defenders but he doesn't anymore. Also what is with Smith falling down as soon as he catches the ball and a defender is near him. He almost never fights for extra yards.

As depressing as last night's game was, the Cowboy game will be what this season hangs on.

I have nothing to suggest that it won't be another complete embarrassment for our defense. But the fact is, if by some sort of miracle the Giants beat the Cowboys, then they are still in it.

I know, it sounds absurd. I've never seen a more pathetic 6-5 team in my life. But technically, they are still in the hunt. As long as they have a heartbeat, the Giants aren't roadkill....despite all appearances to the contrary.

Its all on our shoulders now and I don't want to jinx it but, Really I don't give a flying F right now.

Jim Zorn's Redskins are helping us out right now .....

we still can make the playoffs mathematically . If we do though I have no expectations of going any further than a wildcard game in Arizona or maybe even play the Vikings 2 weeks in a row :rolleyes:

And Spags didnt do that, thats my point.

He let teams exploit the middle of our D and our slow ass LBs and did nothing to compensate for it. You say "knew his teams strengths and weaknesses" he knew our D-line is what made the D but he did nothing to improve the other aspects of the D. As soon as the D-line created no pass rush our defense looked like it did the other day if not worse.

Improve the other aspects? He knew that our LB core sucked big blue balls and were servicable at best and our secondary had a lot left to be desired for and he knew there could not be any improvement there and only worked in a manner where those guys wouldnt shit themselves day in and day out and would just make minimal errors. He knew the strength was the D-Line and he made them beasts. Thats what an effective game plan means. Sheridan is just spraying dysentry into the air every week. I think when other teams study our film they must all be going - what a fucking bunch of morons! Ha ha! This is going to be a riot.

I think the problem with Jacobs when was running like the juggernaut a lot of defenses decided to go for his legs while tackling -almost like a clip but within the rules. He has taken too many hits to his lower body that it has psychologically affected him and he (or any other player for that matter) doesnt want his career to end due to injury this soon. I hope thats not the case, but with the way he's been running lately thats what it looks like.

On the flip side, when he is averaging 6.5 yards per carry, taking the ball away from him and flinging it all over the fucking place like nobody's business doesnt help either.

Its all on our shoulders now and I don't want to jinx it but, Really I don't give a flying F right now.

Jim Zorn's Redskins are helping us out right now .....

we still can make the playoffs mathematically . If we do though I have no expectations of going any further than a wildcard game in Arizona or maybe even play the Vikings 2 weeks in a row :rolleyes:

It's a two week season for the Giants. If they can somehow manage to beat the Cowboys and the Eagles, then the playoff picture changes completely.

Granted, I've seen nothing in this team over the past 6 games to think we could beat the Bears, much less the Cowyboys or the Eagles.

The Cowboys still need to play San Diego, New Orleans, the Redskins, and Philly.....there is a good chance they might go 2-2 or even 1-3 after the Giants game.

Philly needs to play the Falcons, Giants, 49ers, Broncos, and Dallas (in that order). The looked great against us, but since then, they've gone 2-2, and their wins were unconvincing.

In short, the only people that don't think the Giants suck are the Giants players. But the Cowboys and Philly are beatable, and they each have challenging schedules.

Alot can change over the next 5 weeks.

Just keep this in mind.....the 2007 Giants looked alot like the 2009 Giants until the 2nd half of the Buffalo game.....and the rest is history.

Closer than you think, padawan.

if you had said the 2nd half of the redskins game (earlier in the season) i would have agreed with you. but even then we had leaders and heart. this team is a leader desert. watch the ravens- steelers game last night? those are passionate teams. the giants, i'm afraid, are a payheck team this year.