SportsWrath

Looks Like Charlie Weiss will be available soon.

fringe

Probably be fired right after the Stanford game.

If he's willing to come to NY as a Offensive Coordinator, do we want him?

I remember him on the Giants sideline, at that time I thought he was Parcells' slightly challenged little brother. But

he's got a great resume for offense. This is your chance, anti-gilbites! Make yourself heard, there is now a viable

answer to if not him, who?

I will say it now, and if I'm wrong i will eat a pound of crow, I would do back flip out of joy if the giants hired weiss as their OC. Some of you can say he called a great game and bailed the D out, i say he still called almost twice as many passes as he did runs in a game we led the entire time.

I would love Weiss, but I'm done bitching about Gillbride, not because i think he's good, but because the general thoughts here seem to be he's acceptable. So I'll either be thrilled to be proven wrong or i'll be sitting back yelling I told you so to you dip shits.

BTW, Weiss is gonna end up back in NE as the OC.

I will say it now, and if I'm wrong i will eat a pound of crow, I would do back flip out of joy if the giants hired weiss as their OC. Some of you can say he called a great game and bailed the D out, i say he still called almost twice as many passes as he did runs in a game we led the entire time.

I would love Weiss, but I'm done bitching about Gillbride, not because i think he's good, but because the general thoughts here seem to be he's acceptable. So I'll either be thrilled to be proven wrong or i'll be sitting back yelling I told you so to you dip shits.

where did you hear that? i think he will probably take a year or 2 off - ND owes him somewhere between $4 million and $18 million depending on who you talk to.

where did you hear that? i think he will probably take a year or 2 off - ND owes him somewhere between $4 million and $18 million depending on who you talk to.

Too many jobs coming up to take a year off, he ain't Cowher. He'll have many OC jobs presented to him and in all likelihood a couple HC jobs as well. He'll end up as the OC in NE or as the HC in Washington.

Weis is a brilliant coordinator. I would love nothing more for him to be the OC in NY. Being a ND fan, I saw what he did with Claussen and it is commendable. I drool when I think of what he could do with Eli and all these nice new toys we have.

Too many jobs coming up to take a year off, he ain't Cowher. He'll have many OC jobs presented to him and in all likelihood a couple HC jobs as well. He'll end up as the OC in NE or as the HC in Washington.

you're right, cowher doesn't have 18 mill in the bank. you can point to anyone who speaks english as a candidate for redskins or raiders. no way he goes back to NE.

At least you are consistent, and not a bandwagoner like me....one good effort from the offense, and me love Killdrive longtime.

I'll give Gilbride credit for the last game, things ran a lot smoother, but I'm not ready to give him a passing grade for one good game.

what is comical to the dog is if you read his resume, and the results of the teams when he was with them as a coordinator, you will find consistent success and improvement for each team (houston, buffalo, jacksonville, NY)...that is marked improvement for four different franchises over a 30 + year career...but certainly he is no good. fire him immediately.

what is comical to the dog is if you read his resume, and the results of the teams when he was with them as a coordinator, you will find consistent success and improvement for each team (houston, buffalo, jacksonville, NY)...that is marked improvement for four different franchises over a 30 + year career...but certainly he is no good. fire him immediately.

Teams he's been associated with in the past may be a good measure to justify the initial hiring but I'll stick to his current performances to gauge his ablility to run THIS offense THIS season, thanks.

Teams he's been associated with in the past may be a good measure to justify the initial hiring but I'll stick to his current performances to gauge his ablility to run THIS offense THIS season, thanks.

understood...but since being named OC, the giants won a super bowl in 2007 (now, the dog is first to credit the defense there, but you don't win the SB without production on offense as well), and had an offense that finished 7th in total yards and 3rd in scoring in 2008. suddenly the team falters, despite giving up over 40 points in 2 of the 4 losses, everyone still wants to pin the blame on the OC. the dog actually hopes he does take a job elsewhere, and when they struggle more offensively b/c of an inconsistent QB, everyone can still blame gilbride because the million dollar QB baby was never taught by him to throw in a stiff breeze...

understood...but since being named OC, the giants won a super bowl in 2007 (now, the dog is first to credit the defense there, but you don't win the SB without production on offense as well), and had an offense that finished 7th in total yards and 3rd in scoring in 2008. suddenly the team falters, despite giving up over 40 points in 2 of the 4 losses, everyone still wants to pin the blame on the OC. the dog actually hopes he does take a job elsewhere, and when they struggle more offensively b/c of an inconsistent QB, everyone can still blame gilbride because the million dollar QB baby was never taught by him to throw in a stiff breeze...

I love how you and egg, when Giants fans were calling Eli a top tier QB, were quick to say the defense won that super bowl, and when Giants fans are hard on Gillbride, you throw stats and ranking out there like the Giants O was a world beater. Sounds like you have no set view, just as long as you're disagreeing with Giants fans.

I love how you and egg, when Giants fans were calling Eli a top tier QB, were quick to say the defense won that super bowl, and when Giants fans are hard on Gillbride, you throw stats and ranking out there like the Giants O was a world beater. Sounds like you have no set view, just as long as you're disagreeing with Giants fans.

the defense did win the super bowl, as the dog stated. but gilbride is also the easy scapegoat at every turn, when the reality is the offense has been more productive under him than it was in the years prior. and if you want to call manning a top tier QB, which the dog will obviously disagree with, who do you want to give credit to? perhaps the QB coach who has been there during his entire NFL career? it works both ways.

for the record, the dog won't disagree with any giant fan that believes manning is an inconsistent QB. that jacobs is an overrated rb. and that gilbride is an above average OC. that has always been the dog's "set view."

for the record, the dog won't disagree with any giant fan that believes manning is an inconsistent QB. that jacobs is an overrated rb. and that gilbride is an above average OC. that has always been the dog's "set view."

The Prez wonders if the Dog believes Eli has improved over his career.