SportsWrath

Looks Like Charlie Weiss will be available soon.

fringe

Few things to consider when discussing this. Did anyone read the G.M.? Book about Accorsi's last year? Anyway, in it there is a passage where Accorsi passes along a conversation he had with Charlie Weis regarding ELI Manning to Tom Coughlin. Now I am paraphrasing, but Accorsi told Coughlin that Weis said he could "fix" Eli. Coughlin, in what in my opinion was one of the greatest fuck you lines ever told Accorsi, "tell Charlie to fix Notre Dame first". Classic and in my opinion tells you all you need to know about a possible uniting of these two.

As for Gilbride, like I have stated before I am not always thrilled with him, but he does execute(for the most part) and effectively run the offense that is the backbone of the Tom Coughlin philosophy of football, power run game deep passing attack. What I would like to see more is short passing and less reliance on a play where you need the WR to get downfield, have the linemen hold their blocks long enough and need a good long throw to complete a pass. Again, this is their offense so its not like it should be revamped and all, but I think more creativeness in the passing game is my one gripe. I must say they seem to be doing that more with more WRs who can make plays after the catch.

We could do a whole hell of a lot worse than Gilbride.

Few things to consider when discussing this. Did anyone read the G.M.? Book about Accorsi's last year? Anyway, in it there is a passage where Accorsi passes along a conversation he had with Charlie Weis regarding ELI Manning to Tom Coughlin. Now I am paraphrasing, but Accorsi told Coughlin that Weis said he could "fix" Eli. Coughlin, in what in my opinion was one of the greatest fuck you lines ever told Accorsi, "tell Charlie to fix Notre Dame first". Classic and in my opinion tells you all you need to know about a possible uniting of these two.

As for Gilbride, like I have stated before I am not always thrilled with him, but he does execute(for the most part) and effectively run the offense that is the backbone of the Tom Coughlin philosophy of football, power run game deep passing attack. What I would like to see more is short passing and less reliance on a play where you need the WR to get downfield, have the linemen hold their blocks long enough and need a good long throw to complete a pass. Again, this is their offense so its not like it should be revamped and all, but I think more creativeness in the passing game is my one gripe. I must say they seem to be doing that more with more WRs who can make plays after the catch.

coughlin: "eli doesnt need fixing, he just needs the maturity that comes with time."

Again, the D is horrible, without question. The DC needs to go or something drastic, but i said earlier in the year i wasn't going to bitch too much about him in his first year.

I've been bitching about Gillbride for a few years now.

This thread was started by Blunatic, who sees things pretty much exactly as you do, he was calling out those of us who are vocal Gillbride haters, what were we supposed to do? "Golly gee Blu, even though i've considered Gillbrides game plan to be extremely flawed for 3 years, we don't need an OC" He created the thread in a response to those who think there are better options to Gillbride, but havn't named names.

What do you want me to do when one of my biggest issues with the team for 3 years is being brought up?

That's the thing in a nutshell. Gilbride is on his 3rd full year on this team right now, you do realize that?

So in the same post where you're willing to give Sheridan a full year, you're basically saying you judged Gilbride virtually as soon as he started being the OC.

I wonder how critical some of you guys would be if it wasn't for Buddy Ryan taking a swing at him. By the way, Buddy is a HUGE douchebag (Rex is Buddy-Lite), going back to his Chicago days. Mike Ditka, no small douche in his own right, couldn't stand the guy.

In any category you want to call: wins, playoff results, yardage, points, rushing yards, whatever...in the two full years Gilbride's coached, and even THIS one, he's done virtually everything you could ask from an OC.

He's not perfect by a long shot: yeah, sometimes he gets too pass-happy, long balls on 3-1 were getting to me too, and if you don't have Danny Ware to run Ward's old plays--you don't run Ward's old plays. But look at the net results.

Damn, I read that book and don't remember it at all....

Power run game...Jacobs looked like a ballerina the first 6 games and still doesn't get the touches he needs.

Damn, I read that book and don't remember it at all....

Power run game...Jacobs looked like a ballerina the first 6 games and still doesn't get the touches he needs.

If you have the hard cover copy storm its page 253, aout 1/4 way down....fucking classic from TC in my opnion and even more poignant now when you consider where each of them are 3 years later.