SportsWrath

Looks Like Charlie Weiss will be available soon.

fringe

the defense did win the super bowl, as the dog stated. but gilbride is also the easy scapegoat at every turn, when the reality is the offense has been more productive under him than it was in the years prior. and if you want to call manning a top tier QB, which the dog will obviously disagree with, who do you want to give credit to? perhaps the QB coach who has been there during his entire NFL career? it works both ways.

for the record, the dog won't disagree with any giant fan that believes manning is an inconsistent QB. that jacobs is an overrated rb. and that gilbride is an above average OC. that has always been the dog's "set view."

Point being, very few Giants fans would rate Eli with Peyton or Brady, most believe he is much better than average and is at his best when it really matters, both in individual games and season wide.

As far as Gillbride, by his own admission he ran plays not suited to Jacobs' running style. The first 5 games of the season Jacobs had a ypc average of 2.5. The last 5 he's had a ypc of 4.8. My problem with Gillbride is he likes to pass too much, even with a lead. Through the first 5 games, the Giants ran the ball 158 times, the last 5 was 120. We have 2 backs capable of having 1,000 yard seasons, a stable full of possession receivers, and Gillbride wants to run the Colts offense.

Point being, very few Giants fans would rate Eli with Peyton or Brady, most believe he is much better than average and is at his best when it really matters, both in individual games and season wide.

As far as Gillbride, by his own admission he ran plays not suited to Jacobs' running style. The first 5 games of the season Jacobs had a ypc average of 2.5. The last 5 he's had a ypc of 4.8. My problem with Gillbride is he likes to pass too much, even with a lead. Through the first 5 games, the Giants ran the ball 158 times, the last 5 was 120. We have 2 backs capable of having 1,000 yard seasons, a stable full of possession receivers, and Gillbride wants to run the Colts offense.

the dog thinks that is definitely a fair criticism for this season, or at least as of late. the reality is the run game has slipped this year early in the season, and the o-line has not been as good as it was in recent years (still solid, but not nearly as dominant). possible gilbride has lost some confidence in the ability to run consistently. the dog always got heat for stating that jacobs is not the dominant back he was built up to be, and now that the o-line has not performed to the same level as it had the last year and a half, that is being exposed. gilbride is defintitely a pass heavy OC, but that is also how he has made his living in his nfl career. the dog wonders if he adjusted to the giant personnel the last two years and ran more consistently, but when the run game was stopped early and often this season, he just fell back into what he is most comfortable with...and with an inconsistent QB, that results in inconsistent offensive production...

i thought the dog's "set view' was bad egg's rectum.

wow. shocking that you would come slinking into a conversation that doesn't involve you to take shots at the dog (for future reference, please make an effort to be somewhat clever in doing-so, as weak homosexual references fall to the pre-adolescent level of say, bigblue, and that never goes well...)...so be it.

We were also behind big-time in two of those last 5 games, VG. Before the offense even had a chance to settle down.

Implying that we lost because we didn't run as much is about as real as Ragnarok.

Bradshaw has been playing with a broken bone, and it shows. Nailed his other ankle Sunday. Jacobs took a heavy hit on his thigh as well. Ware is just now getting into a position to play. You want to run more?

And with this defense, we can't afford to play run and punt. They won't hold worth a damn. We need to sustain drives at least, if not score on each one.

Pass-happy Gilbride has this team averaging 26.6 pts/game, good enough for 6th in the league. With young wide receivers, and aforementioned booted (now double-booted) RB. Project that over the season, and he gets this team over 400 pts for the season AGAIN (his pass-happy offense gave us 427 pts last year).

Show me one other OC in the history of this team that scored 400+ points in a season twice, let alone CONSECUTIVELY.

As far as Eli is concerned, even with his recent slump, he has a 92.2 rating--best of his career, and 11th in the league. He's top-ten in most other important statistics including TDs, yds/attempt, passes greater than 20 yds, and passes greater than 40 yds. He's top-15 in most of the rest.

I've been saying this for weeks now--offense is not this team's problem. It's not perfect by a long shot, but it has produced enough where we should have won more than we have, and some that we won close at the end, with some cushion.

the dog thinks that is definitely a fair criticism for this season, or at least as of late. the reality is the run game has slipped this year early in the season, and the o-line has not been as good as it was in recent years (still solid, but not nearly as dominant). possible gilbride has lost some confidence in the ability to run consistently. the dog always got heat for stating that jacobs is not the dominant back he was built up to be, and now that the o-line has not performed to the same level as it had the last year and a half, that is being exposed. gilbride is defintitely a pass heavy OC, but that is also how he has made his living in his nfl career. the dog wonders if he adjusted to the giant personnel the last two years and ran more consistently, but when the run game was stopped early and often this season, he just fell back into what he is most comfortable with...and with an inconsistent QB, that results in inconsistent offensive production...

Gillbrides history has shown he is way too relient on the pass and veers away from the running gamne, I give a damn about what any stats show, even the ones I've posted, with my own eyes i have watched him have a running game that cannot be stopped and go away from that so he can throw the ball 40 times. This team, even with plax, was built for running the ball. No doubt Gillbride would manage to run the ball 25-30 times a game last year, but anyone who watched the games could point out that he was ass backwards in his play calls. Point being, 1st and 5 in the red zone and he calls 3 consecutive passes in the playoffs. Thats not a one off either, thats his trend, the problem is winning lets people turn a blind eye, so they saw only a 12-4 record, while many of us saw a seriously flawed offensive game plan.

We were also behind big-time in two of those last 5 games, VG. Before the offense even had a chance to settle down.

Implying that we lost because we didn't run as much is about as real as Ragnarok.

Bradshaw has been playing with a broken bone, and it shows. Nailed his other ankle Sunday. Jacobs took a heavy hit on his thigh as well. Ware is just now getting into a position to play. You want to run more?

And with this defense, we can't afford to play run and punt. They won't hold worth a damn. We need to sustain drives at least, if not score on each one.

Pass-happy Gilbride has this team averaging 26.6 pts/game, good enough for 6th in the league. With young wide receivers, and aforementioned booted (now double-booted) RB. Project that over the season, and he gets this team over 400 pts for the season AGAIN (his pass-happy offense gave us 427 pts last year).

Show me one other OC in the history of this team that scored 400+ points in a season twice, let alone CONSECUTIVELY.

As far as Eli is concerned, even with his recent slump, he has a 92.2 rating--best of his career, and 11th in the league. He's top-ten in most other important statistics including TDs, yds/attempt, passes greater than 20 yds, and passes greater than 40 yds. He's top-15 in most of the rest.

I've been saying this for weeks now--offense is not this team's problem. It's not perfect by a long shot, but it has produced enough where we should have won more than we have, and some that we won close at the end, with some cushion.

Perhaps sending the d out there after a 3 and out plays a large part in that? I dunno how to look up those kind of stats, but I'd be interested in knowing out number of 3 and outs compared to the rest of thre league.

wow. shocking that you would come slinking into a conversation that doesn't involve you to take shots at the dog

:rolleyes: i thought that was rather clever but not in the least bit homosexual. it means you sniff egg's ass as in you worship him. if you have a gay relationship with him or would like to, that's your business. i don't comment on that stuff.

wow. shocking that you would come slinking into a conversation that doesn't involve you to take shots at the dog (for future reference, please make an effort to be somewhat clever in doing-so, as weak homosexual references fall to the pre-adolescent level of say, bigblue, and that never goes well...)...so be it.

Actually, that was a pretty unique homosexual reference...especially since you're set view does appear to be BadEgg's rectum....at least MOST OF THE TIME...

Perhaps sending the d out there after a 3 and out plays a large part in that? I dunno how to look up those kind of stats, but I'd be interested in knowing out number of 3 and outs compared to the rest of thre league.

That's a great excuse, except NO and Philly scored on their first possession, so unless these guys are coming out of the locker room exhausted, that's the only thing it is.

I'm not about to sit here and count 3 and outs over the last 4 losses; besides being a waste of my time (you've already said you "don't care about statistics") it won't prove anything unless I do that for every fucking game this season, and then list the plays. But so you don't think that our offense was giving up too much in time of possession, we actually led in 3 of those 4 games (although in the Arizona game, it was only by a minute) in TOP.

And thank god for that--the defense is giving up a little over a point for every minute they play.

It's amazing how many excuses are being made for the defense this year with zero tolerance for the offense.

We are limping along on D and you guys are crucifying our OFFENSE

WTF

The offense is playing great .........Jacobs is the issue on O and he needs help.....finally in Danny Ware he will split time with a guy who can move the chains

maybe some real competition will wake Brandon up

not that Bradshaw is not good but he nicked up

as for the D lets see how they play with Blackburn having a few days to prepare

That's a great excuse, except NO and Philly scored on their first possession, so unless these guys are coming out of the locker room exhausted, that's the only thing it is.

I'm not about to sit here and count 3 and outs over the last 4 losses; besides being a waste of my time (you've already said you "don't care about statistics") it won't prove anything unless I do that for every fucking game this season, and then list the plays. But so you don't think that our offense was giving up too much in time of possession, we actually led in 3 of those 4 games (although in the Arizona game, it was only by a minute) in TOP.

And thank god for that--the defense is giving up a little over a point for every minute they play.

It's amazing how many excuses are being made for the defense this year with zero tolerance for the offense.

There has been a hate on Gilbride for a while now. Last year Spagnuolo would get passes also for games where the D was playing poorly. I think that it's easier to see O miscues than D miscues so Gilbride gets the majority of the heat for loses. The Giants have been playing well on O for the past 3 years.

Gilbride is such a 'tard, everyone knows the more you run the ball the more likely you'll win the game.

Gilbride is such a 'tard, everyone knows the more you run the ball the more likely you'll win the game.

Brady doesn't know that, Peyton doesn't know that. Big Ben doesn't know that this year. Brees doesn't know that.

A balanced attack no turnovers and field position wins the game- oh and defense.

As far as Gillbride, by his own admission he ran plays not suited to Jacobs' running style.

are you sure it was he who said that? i know someone did but i didn't see it attributed to Gil.

I'm not giving the D any excuse, at least intentionally, they suck.

BUT, in the San Diego game, after the D got the turnover, a TD by the O wins the game. And of course, iof the D doesn't let them drive the field we win.

As for being hard on the O and easy on the D, the reverse is also true. How about going ahead and punching it in on 1st and goal, even after the holding if was 1st and goal from what, the 14?

Gillbrides history has shown he is way too relient on the pass and veers away from the running gamne, I give a damn about what any stats show, even the ones I've posted, with my own eyes i have watched him have a running game that cannot be stopped and go away from that so he can throw the ball 40 times. This team, even with plax, was built for running the ball. No doubt Gillbride would manage to run the ball 25-30 times a game last year, but anyone who watched the games could point out that he was ass backwards in his play calls. Point being, 1st and 5 in the red zone and he calls 3 consecutive passes in the playoffs. Thats not a one off either, thats his trend, the problem is winning lets people turn a blind eye, so they saw only a 12-4 record, while many of us saw a seriously flawed offensive game plan.

there is not a coordinator in the league that doesn't run into issues at various times in their career specific to situational playcalling. and too often everyone wants to discredit the oppossing teams on the field. the dog finds that to be a fairly key aspect of the game. the reality is, they were outplayed in the playoffs last year. that is why they lost. in games this season, they were severely outplayed in multiple aspects of the game. to continuously say gilbride is the caues is insane. stats aside, and his career has produced consistently effective offenses, the giants are 32-15 with him as an OC. the stats the dog posted before speak to the level of efficiency and effectiveness they have had on offense during that time period. a "seriously flawed" offensive game plan won't result in those numbers.

there is not a coordinator in the league that doesn't run into issues at various times in their career specific to situational playcalling. and too often everyone wants to discredit the oppossing teams on the field. the dog finds that to be a fairly key aspect of the game. the reality is, they were outplayed in the playoffs last year. that is why they lost. in games this season, they were severely outplayed in multiple aspects of the game. to continuously say gilbride is the caues is insane. stats aside, and his career has produced consistently effective offenses, the giants are 32-15 with him as an OC. the stats the dog posted before speak to the level of efficiency and effectiveness they have had on offense during that time period. a "seriously flawed" offensive game plan won't result in those numbers.

Damn, imagine what his record would be if he knew in what situations to run the clock and in which situations to actually go for the end zone....oh, and when to stick with the run and when to abandon it (which he does basically every game)

Running a solid offense (I'd say the talent on the field trumps what Gilbride contributes, anyway) and Coaching 101 are two totally different things.

Damn, imagine what his record would be if he knew in what situations to run the clock and in which situations to actually go for the end zone....oh, and when to stick with the run and when to abandon it (which he does basically every game)

Running a solid offense (I'd say the talent on the field trumps what Gilbride contributes, anyway) and Coaching 101 are two totally different things.

i heard diehl on the radio saying that almost every team they've played this year has been daring the giants to pass.

shooting corners from the edge, run blitzes, etc. you have to take what the D is giving you and this year it's been the pass.

if they keep daring us to pass, we will build an unstoppable passing game

which indications are we are very close too

then they will back out of the box and we will hit them with the run

at some point our abilities will become so balanced we will resemble the Patriots attack, or that of the Saints

then it comes to the D

We wont start blowing teams out again until the D starts stopping people, sacking QBs and causing takeaways

it looks as if our weaknesses are our DTs, Osi, and the Safteys......I think the Lbers are coming on

I'd like to see Osi rotating more.....I think Sheridan thought he'd play his way into effectiveness.......so far that has not happened

if they keep daring us to pass, we will build an unstoppable passing game

which indications are we are very close too

then they will back out of the box and we will hit them with the run

at some point our abilities will become so balanced we will resemble the Patriots attack, or that of the Saints

then it comes to the D

We wont start blowing teams out again until the D starts stopping people, sacking QBs and causing takeaways

it looks as if our weaknesses are our DTs, Osi, and the Safteys......I think the Lbers are coming on

I'd like to see Osi rotating more.....I think Sheridan thought he'd play his way into effectiveness.......so far that has not happened

i agree with most of this- except about the LB's. LB and safety is our weakness.

as far as receivers go i still think we're missing that scary guy, maybe it's manningham- and also a pass

catching, 3rd down back. i thought bradshaw would morph into that but so far i haven't seen it.

I'm not giving the D any excuse, at least intentionally, they suck.

BUT, in the San Diego game, after the D got the turnover, a TD by the O wins the game. And of course, iof the D doesn't let them drive the field we win.

As for being hard on the O and easy on the D, the reverse is also true. How about going ahead and punching it in on 1st and goal, even after the holding if was 1st and goal from what, the 14?

I've already argued this. We had the lead BEFORE the turnover, we EXPANDED it because of the turnover. It would have been great if we got a TD, but we didn't. Instead, we forced them to need a touchdown. And the defense couldn't hold. Again. You know what I heard the first round of this argument? The defense played well the first three quarters. Great. Maybe the league will cut games to 3 quarters next season; but it doesn't do anything for us now.

4 Losses, three of them with our opponents scoring nearly at will; and you are focusing on one offensive series. But I'm hard on the D and easy on the O? I'm not even focusing on a single defensive series--I'm pointing out entire games and halves where defensive failure has been stamped.

And as if we needed further proof, they did the same thing again this past weekend. They've been worse than Tim Lewis bad, except Lewis didn't have the players this guy has.

1st and goal from the 14. Yep. They didn't get the td. The player blew the execution, and that's also on the offensive coaches. The line coach and coordinator, specifically. And Gilbride played the series like someone trying to maintain the lead, which was exactly what he was at the time.

I'm looking at the total body of work, and you guys are cherry-picking plays. Name a single OC that didn't have bad offensive series. That's what is forcing me to over-defend Gilbride. Shit, this thread's existence pretty much proves my point: Our defense couldn't hold a lead if it had handles, and the solution is getting Weiss? :confused:

I've already argued this. We had the lead BEFORE the turnover, we EXPANDED it because of the turnover. It would have been great if we got a TD, but we didn't. Instead, we forced them to need a touchdown. And the defense couldn't hold. Again. You know what I heard the first round of this argument? The defense played well the first three quarters. Great. Maybe the league will cut games to 3 quarters next season; but it doesn't do anything for us now.

4 Losses, three of them with our opponents scoring nearly at will; and you are focusing on one offensive series. But I'm hard on the D and easy on the O? I'm not even focusing on a single defensive series--I'm pointing out entire games and halves where defensive failure has been stamped.

And as if we needed further proof, they did the same thing again this past weekend. They've been worse than Tim Lewis bad, except Lewis didn't have the players this guy has.

1st and goal from the 14. Yep. They didn't get the td. The player blew the execution, and that's also on the offensive coaches. The line coach and coordinator, specifically. And Gilbride played the series like someone trying to maintain the lead, which was exactly what he was at the time.

I'm looking at the total body of work, and you guys are cherry-picking plays. Name a single OC that didn't have bad offensive series. That's what is forcing me to over-defend Gilbride. Shit, this thread's existence pretty much proves my point: Our defense couldn't hold a lead if it had handles, and the solution is getting Weiss? :confused:

Again, the D is horrible, without question. The DC needs to go or something drastic, but i said earlier in the year i wasn't going to bitch too much about him in his first year.

I've been bitching about Gillbride for a few years now.

This thread was started by Blunatic, who sees things pretty much exactly as you do, he was calling out those of us who are vocal Gillbride haters, what were we supposed to do? "Golly gee Blu, even though i've considered Gillbrides game plan to be extremely flawed for 3 years, we don't need an OC" He created the thread in a response to those who think there are better options to Gillbride, but havn't named names.

What do you want me to do when one of my biggest issues with the team for 3 years is being brought up?

the other side to this in the dog's opinion is the fact that in two of the four losses, the oppossing teams rolled up points early, which will take a team out of its gameplan in many instances. the dog doesn't pretend to know what gilbride had gameplanned, nor is the dog on the sidelines to know what is impacting his situational calls, but when your defense isn't equipped to stop teams in a game, you tend to adjust your playcalling with the feeling that you suddenly have to score on every possession just to have a chance.

which all goes back to a point people choose to ignore - with or without gilbride, they have lossed to teams that outplayed them. better teams at that time. maybe still better, but who knows. the fact is, instead of blaming a coach that has always been productive in his role at various teams for 35 years, and who has improved a giant offense in the 3 years he has been the oc, it is possible that the losses have to do with talent level, execution of game plans, and on the field performances of the players...just a thought.