SportsWrath

Today, Mike Francesca compared Eli Manning to..........

Guest StrahansGap

.....Johnny Unitas and Joe Montana. He said Eli is unstoppable in the 2 minute drill. Nice comments from a fat fuck. :P

Everyone is riding Eli's jock now. They rode it after XLII too until they lost a game, then it was 'there's the 'old' Eli', blah, blah, blah. Eli's always been good with the no huddle/2 minute drill. They'll keep singing his praises until the gmen lose and then it will be the same old song and dance.

What I can't wait for is the day some rookie is compared to Eli.

Ron Jawarski on NFL Countdown: "You know, Key, Wendell Puddinpop is alot like Eli Manning was. Excellent in the no huddle.....calm....coooool.........stands in the pocket and makes a play. He's cereberal......won't put up out of this world fantasy numbers, but will keep you in the game and methodically slice you to shreds en route to the superbowl, and then....................go have milk and cookies".

Everyone is riding Eli's jock now. They rode it after XLII too until they lost a game, then it was 'there's the 'old' Eli', blah, blah, blah. Eli's always been good with the no huddle/2 minute drill. They'll keep singing his praises until the gmen lose and then it will be the same old song and dance.

What I can't wait for is the day some rookie is compared to Eli.

Ron Jawarski on NFL Countdown: "You know, Key, Wendell Puddinpop is alot like Eli Manning was. Excellent in the no huddle.....calm....coooool.........stands in the pocket and makes a play. He's cereberal......won't put up out of this world fantasy numbers, but will keep you in the game and methodically slice you to shreds en route to the superbowl, and then....................go have milk and cookies".

Accorsi you emgrate! Sign Puddinpop!

Fransceser is horrible....without a sidekick the gu is simply unlistanable. If he gets an idea in his mind it is automatically repeated 3 times but with the points mixed up so it seems like each idea is a new one.

I could deal with it during baseball season but my god this guy is a no talent hack that fills the airwaves with basic commentary that any one of us could easily produce. And god forbid you disagree...then the fat fuck starts screaming.

I would have defended his show for a long time until he decided that the Jeter hit record as a Yankee and how it was treated by the media was a farce...the way he assaulted that record and any caller who tried to point out how important it was...my god for a guy who claims to be a Yankee fan he showed a total lack of allegiance. His entire argument was based on no one could identify who owns any particular franchises hit record. And since no one could the record is by itself inconsequential.

I'm sorry but a record that stood for 72 years and was held by one of baseballs greatest players is worth honoring and someone who tops it is totally worthy of the accolades Jeter got. To call the honors Jeter got as "fabricated" (those are FAT FUCKS words) demeaned not only what Jeter has so far accomplished but completely demeans Gehrigs accomplishments.

So skiping ahead if you wanna ignore all I wrote...Franscerer is a hack

Fransceser is horrible....without a sidekick the gu is simply unlistanable. If he gets an idea in his mind it is automatically repeated 3 times but with the points mixed up so it seems like each idea is a new one.

I could deal with it during baseball season but my god this guy is a no talent hack that fills the airwaves with basic commentary that any one of us could easily produce. And god forbid you disagree...then the fat fuck starts screaming.

I would have defended his show for a long time until he decided that the Jeter hit record as a Yankee and how it was treated by the media was a farce...the way he assaulted that record and any caller who tried to point out how important it was...my god for a guy who claims to be a Yankee fan he showed a total lack of allegiance. His entire argument was based on no one could identify who owns any particular franchises hit record. And since no one could the record is by itself inconsequential.

I'm sorry but a record that stood for 72 years and was held by one of baseballs greatest players is worth honoring and someone who tops it is totally worthy of the accolades Jeter got. To call the honors Jeter got as "fabricated" (those are FAT FUCKS words) demeaned not only what Jeter has so far accomplished but completely demeans Gehrigs accomplishments.

So skiping ahead if you wanna ignore all I wrote...Franscerer is a hack

one word to describe mike = asshole Oh wait is that 2 words? :rock:

Even when I was really down on Eli (and I was probably the MOST down on him) you could never deny that he ran one hell of a two minute drill.

It's the rest of his game that has really come a long way... particularly his accuracy.

But the last 2 years he's been over 60%....

Even when I was really down on Eli (and I was probably the MOST down on him) you could never deny that he ran one hell of a two minute drill.

It's the rest of his game that has really come a long way... particularly his accuracy.

Francessa gets brought up here all the time and everyone chimes in on what a huge douche he is and how he's "unlistenable" (and I agree), after repeating what Francessa said recently. WHICH MEANS YOU STILL LISTEN TO HIM! I listened to him a couple of times (on YES) and couldn't take any more out of the windbag. So just turn the dial already!

Francessa gets brought up here all the time and everyone chimes in on what a huge douche he is and how he's "unlistenable" (and I agree), after repeating what Francessa said recently. WHICH MEANS YOU STILL LISTEN TO HIM! I listened to him a couple of times (on YES) and couldn't take any more out of the windbag. So just turn the dial already!

i don't know how it is in NY anymore. It used to be the FAN or that's it. Here it's local sports or ESPN like dan patrick or something. so there may be no choice if you want local sports. This is why people still listen,

i don't know how it is in NY anymore. It used to be the FAN or that's it. Here it's local sports or ESPN like dan patrick or something. so there may be no choice if you want local sports. This is why people still listen,

Francessa broadcasts his show on YES TV network as well. I get YES in Tampa with Verizon FIOS.

Eli reminds me a lot of Roger Staubach who was a cerebral QB. And he had the 2 minute drill down to a perfect science. Don't get me wrong.....I hate the cowboys, but I always respected Tom Landry and Roger Staubach. Landry was a genius and Staubach absorbed everything Landry knew so he was like having a top notch coach in a quarterback's body. Staubach was never the most coordinated QB, nor did he have a rifle arm.....but he figured out defenses on the fly and adjusted accordingly to take advantage of it.....in essence, just plain outsmarting the opposition.

Eli reminds me of the same thing, but with a little better arm. Eli is very cerebral and has spent an unbelievable amount of time pouring over old film and studying everything that Coughlin has stored in his brain. Each year, Eli is getting more and more like having a great head coach in his brain.

Regardless.....neither Unitas or Montana were cerebral QB's, but had great natural instincts to make up for their lack of a coach's mentality.

Eli reminds me a lot of Roger Staubach who was a cerebral QB. And he had the 2 minute drill down to a perfect science. Don't get me wrong.....I hate the cowboys, but I always respected Tom Landry and Roger Staubach. Landry was a genius and Staubach absorbed everything Landry knew so he was like having a top notch coach in a quarterback's body. Staubach was never the most coordinated QB, nor did he have a rifle arm.....but he figured out defenses on the fly and adjusted accordingly to take advantage of it.....in essence, just plain outsmarting the opposition.

Eli reminds me of the same thing, but with a little better arm. Eli is very cerebral and has spent an unbelievable amount of time pouring over old film and studying everything that Coughlin has stored in his brain. Each year, Eli is getting more and more like having a great head coach in his brain.

Regardless.....neither Unitas or Montana were cerebral QB's, but had great natural instincts to make up for their lack of a coach's mentality.

That's a great point.

I almost think that the offense of the Giants is SO complicated... lots of audibles, reads, etc... that nobody can really understand it until they're in year two anyway, and it probably takes 4+ years to master.

I read an interview with Bart Starr a bunch of years ago where he was talking about working with Vince Lombardi, and at one point Lombardi is saying to him, "what's wrong with you? You don't SEE! Why can't you see? Then one day he got under center... and everything made sense to him all of a sudden. He could "see." And from that point on, he was a different player, a different quarterback.

I think that light may have gone on with our boy Eli.

bullshit- staubach wore a dress and was always bitching to the refs for a roughing the passer or pass interference call. he sucked, had no arm, was much more of a scrambler and eli is nothing like him. the QB eli reminds me of the most is peyton manning- only a potentially better version who doesn't try to be an OC on the field.

.....Johnny Unitas and Joe Montana. He said Eli is unstoppable in the 2 minute drill. Nice comments from a fat fuck. :P

Unitas and Montana? Good luck with the bipolarism there, Francesca.

I'll just settle for him being up there with Friedman, Connerly, Tittle, and Simms in Giants lore, after all is said and done.

Bleedin, if you are going to compare a current Giant to one of those 70's Cowboy players, the closest comparison to me would be Steve Smith and Drew Pearson. Both are/were absolutely clutch in big down conversions.

Yeah there is nothing else. And there are plenty of times when I switch the station because he's got some great idea stuck in his head and keeps repeating it or has a horrible idea and yells over callers who disagree.