SportsWrath

Who in the NFC can challenge the Giants this year?

Allstarjim

What team in the NFC do you fear the most as a challenge to the Giants representing the NFC in the SuperBowl?

No one.. not even outside of the NFC.. last I checked we beat the Patriots and the Steelers and those are ranked #2 and # behind the Giants anyway.

Great point. I'm just so stoked that football is finally here and can't wait for the season to start. I have such high hopes for this team... I really hope that they can be consistent throughout the season and take care of business in the playoffs. Main thing is that we need to unpredictable on offense. I'm talking to you, Gilbride! The Eagles playoff game showed that we did not scout ourselves well enough because the Eagles knew everything we were doing before we did it. We definitely have all the pieces in place!

Now that I think about it.. holy shit it's August already lol.

Um, they have Witten. I wouldn't sleep on Miles Austin, either. I know he's not exactly proven, but I think he might step up for them this year. I believe the Dallas receivers, while not great, are good enough. I just think Tony Romo is the anti-Eli and will fold when the pressure is on, just like his head coach... and that is the real reason that Dallas is not going to threaten us.

Yeah, I sorta think that too.

If Romo can take the next step and win down the stretch, they can be a real threat... remember, it wasn't more than two years ago that a certain team from New York had a QB who "couldn't get it done in December." Hell, Eli's brother had to put up with, what... eight years of that shit? Now he's a Hall of Fame lock. And let's not forget Romo won't have the "Jessica Simpson" jinx this year.

Wade Phillips, on the other hand... inspires confidence in no one. Everything they say about that guy is true.

DA BEARS! They've got a running game, a good defense and now a QB. Cutler will elevate the entire offense and could be in the big game.

Great choice, but that D isn't what it used to be.

The Cutler to Hester combo could be deadly though, Hester the speed to blow by anyone and Cutler the arm to let him do it.

Someone mentioned the Falcons, they are a dangerous team, especially now that they have a tremendous redzone weapon in Gonzalez.

But, as was mentioned before, if we're fortunate enough to stay reasonably healthy and reach the playoffs, it just depends on who you play and when. If we play the Eagles in the playoffs, I'll be real worried, simply because it's a clash of titans when we play them. McNabb is a veteran that rarely gets ruffled by pressure.

The Cutler to Hester combo could be deadly though, Hester the speed to blow by anyone and Cutler the arm to let him do it.

Someone mentioned the Falcons, they are a dangerous team, especially now that they have a tremendous redzone weapon in Gonzalez.

But, as was mentioned before, if we're fortunate enough to stay reasonably healthy and reach the playoffs, it just depends on who you play and when. If we play the Eagles in the playoffs, I'll be real worried, simply because it's a clash of titans when we play them. McNabb is a veteran that rarely gets ruffled by pressure.

atlanta, Carolina, Phillly, Minn...........the usual suspects. the cardinals will not sniff another SB but good for them last year

but really we would have to fall off a cliff for these guys to have a real shot at the SB

Unless its the Superbowl.... :P

It was me who said Atlanta, they do kinda worry me now.

atlanta, Carolina, Phillly, Minn...........the usual suspects. the cardinals will not sniff another SB but good for them last year

but really we would have to fall off a cliff for these guys to have a real shot at the SB

I think the Cardinals will be better. They play in the weakest division by far, addressed their RB situation big time with Beanie Wells, and oh yeah, they still have Fitz, Boldin, and watch out for Steve Breaston. Their defense is underrated, too. They have some studs on defense... Karlos Dansby, Bertrand Berry, Darnell Dockett (one of the best DT's in the game), Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Antrelle Rolle, Adrian Wilson... and a guy that is undderated... Chike Okeafor. The Cardinals are a team to be reckoned with. Ken Whisenhunt has credibility now as a head coach, too. I think they can make some noise. They can't match us in the trenches, though, and that's why I'm not afraid of them. Really, not many teams can... I'd say Minnesota and Carolina are the closest.

You guys are going about this all wrong... You're actually "looking" at other teams.. and you make "sound" comparisions ;);). But I go on pure emotions and set the goal so high... that it exhaust me to reach it... and that's where my passion for my team being #1 comes from. I'm disappointed with any loss.. and ever loss. I demand perfection... the Giants 19-0 this year. BRING (props to MJ that's his slogan.

You guys are going about this all wrong... You're actually "looking" at other teams.. and you make "sound" comparisions ;);) . But I go on pure emotions and set the goal so high... that it exhaust me to reach it... and that's where my passion for my team being #1 comes from. I'm disappointed with any loss.. and ever loss. I demand perfection... the Giants 19-0 this year. BRING (props to MJ that's his slogan.

Nas 19-0? Your starting to sound like me.........

LOL

We are our only real competition.........if we lose it will be because we beat ourselves......but that's unlikely

We are soon going to be a "Fire Burning on the Big Dance Floor".........Sherman's March to the Sea........yes in Giants history there has never been a squad that could do a legitimate undefeated season.......this one can do that....its that loaded

Weaknesses- QB, Kicker, and MLBer but none are so bad we cannot overcome.......all are adequate (well not Pierce)

Its the Dline, RB, and DBs that will propel us A lot of people do not realize it was the running game and D that made that Miami team undefeated

In the end NE aireal circus could not get the job done......for good reason....that's not how you do it

Nas 19-0? Your starting to sound like me.........

LOL

We are our only real competition.........if we lose it will be because we beat ourselves......but that's unlikely

We are soon going to be a "Fire Burning on the Big Dance Floor".........Sherman's March to the Sea........yes in Giants history there has never been a squad that could do a legitimate undefeated season.......this one can do that....its that loaded

Weaknesses- QB, Kicker, and MLBer but none are so bad we cannot overcome.......all are adequate (well not Pierce)

Its the Dline, RB, and DBs that will propel us A lot of people do not realize it was the running game and D that made that Miami team undefeated

In the end NE aireal circus could not get the job done......for good reason....that's not how you do it

Our schedule is brutal. Particularly after the bye week in week 10. We play the AFC West this year, which isn't so bad, but the NFL also saw fit to put the Vikings, Panthers, Atlanta, Arizona, and New Orleans on our non-divisional schedule. Throw in the Eagles, and that's every playoff team from the NFC from last year (plus New Orleans, a bubble team, and add the Chargers, an AFC playoff team).

Therefore, 7 games out of our 16 game schedule will be against playoff teams from '08. Additionally, we play 5 more games against teams that barely missed the playoffs.... these are, New Orleans, Denver, Tampa Bay, and of course 2 games against Dallas. And the kicker, all of these games are on the road (except for the home Dallas game, of course).

I do expect Tampa Bay to not be that good this year. But this is a brutal schedule. I didn't even mention the Redskins, who always play us tough. At least we get to play Kansas City and Oakland. But that's it!

I don't expect 19-0 with this schedule. I think we have the capability of winning all those games, but to actually do it is unrealistic in the NFL. A big F.U. to the schedule makers with the NFL, by the way.