SportsWrath

The Bossman

Taylorized56

He doesn't get a lot of pub, but I'm excited about his future. Big redzone target, soft hands and his blocking (which was his weakness) improved leaps and bounds last season. With the offense we run you need a good blocking TE. I think he has the potential to be a probowl caliber TE in a couple years. Homerish? Maybe, but I love this kid. Great guy off the field too.

He doesn't get a lot of pub, but I'm excited about his future. Big redzone target, soft hands and his blocking (which was his weakness) improved leaps and bounds last season. With the offense we run you need a good blocking TE. I think he has the potential to be a probowl caliber TE in a couple years. Homerish? Maybe, but I love this kid. Great guy off the field too.

My cousin met Boss at a Giants dinner

said Boss was the biggest and nicest guy in the room

He also walked up to Mike Fransesca and thanked him profusely shaking his hand- Mike asked why?.........My Cousin told him he has made a fortune betting on the NFL teams Mike picks to lose......betting them to win instead LOL Fransesca gave him a dirty look and waddled off

He also walked up to Mike Fransesca and thanked him profusely shaking his hand- Mike asked why?.........My Cousin told him he has made a fortune betting on the NFL teams Mike picks to lose......betting them to win instead LOL Fransesca gave him a dirty look and waddled off

:lol:

That is awesome!!!

My cousin met Boss at a Giants dinner

said Boss was the biggest and nicest guy in the room

that's fantastic....Fatcessa is a tool who is too engrossed in his own ego maniac mind to realize that he is a buffoon.

I can't stand to listen to the guy.

that's fantastic....Fatcessa is a tool who is too engrossed in his own ego maniac mind to realize that he is a buffoon.

Boss is the perfect TE for our system... quiet, workmanlike, but with great hands, size, and deceptive speed. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he becomes a favorite of Eli in the Red Zone this year.

Boss is the perfect TE for our system... quiet, workmanlike, but with great hands, size, and deceptive speed. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he becomes a favorite of Eli in the Red Zone this year.

Well, we have all been infatuated with the young wide receivers and how they might use Travis Beckum, and really, a thread like this is overdue. Speaking of the blocking, the same rap was on Shockey in his first couple of seasons with us... that he was not a adequate blocker. When he was traded, a lot of people were uncomfortable with Boss taking his place because he couldn't replace Shockey's blocking ability. That is a tribute to Coach Mike Pope teaching these guys, and he was the main reason I never worried about Boss becoming a good blocker, because he already had the work ethic. All he needed was time with Coach Pope, and look at him now.

Boss absolutely has potential to do big things in this system. I really hope we see Eli just spreading the ball around, and if that happens, I believe Boss will be a security blanket for him because of his size and hands.

I totally agree. One of my biggest fears when Shockey left, was the run block from the TE will suffer. However, Boss made great improvement and I will admit, Boss was alot better than Shockey. Props to Boss...

I totally agree. One of my biggest fears when Shockey left, was the run block from the TE will suffer. However, Boss made great improvement and I will admit, Boss was alot better than Shockey. Props to Boss...

yeah i remember saying numerous times taht our run game would be hurt more by him leaving than our pass game.

run game was not hurt at all.

yeah i remember saying numerous times taht our run game would be hurt more by him leaving than our pass game.

run game was not hurt at all.

Nope. Boss is a better run blocker now than Shockey ever was. I think he's the best blocking TE we've had since Dan Campbell.

Nope. Boss is a better run blocker now than Shockey ever was. I think he's the best blocking TE we've had since Dan Campbell.

yeah boss turned into a very good blocker, shockey also was a very good blocker for us.

but it was one thing im glad i was wrong about. i also didnt like getting rid of shockey but its now apparent we got a steal in that trade

yeah boss turned into a very good blocker, shockey also was a very good blocker for us.

but it was one thing im glad i was wrong about. i also didnt like getting rid of shockey but its now apparent we got a steal in that trade

Well officially we got Clint Sintim and Rhett Bomar for Shockey. With all the injuries Shockey has had, if Sintim develops into a starter and stays on the field as we all think he will, then you are correct, it's a huge steal.

Chris Russo made that show once he left it sucked,Russo wasn't byist to all things Yankees and actually stood up for what he thought was wrong. Francesca likes to stroke ARods cock, and doesn't have the balls to stand up for anything and oh yeah I love Boss,even have a Bossman shirt

Apologies if this has been posted. It's an article Garafolo wrote back in June.

I wanted to get this in the Kevin Boss story I wrote Wednesday, but I just spoke to Mark Bavaro Thursday morning. Regardless of the timing, the mutual respect between the past and present Giants tight ends is pretty neat to hear.

There aren't many current tight ends Mark Bavaro enjoys watching. The Cowboys' Jason Witten is one. Also on the short list? Kevin Boss. And not just because the Giants starter plays for Bavaro's former team and wears Bavaro's former number.

"He has a natural feel for the position," Bavaro said. "Jeremy Shockey was kind of like a bull charging through a china shop, but Kevin meanders his way around through open spaces. He doesn't draw a lot of attention to himself, which is an asset as a tight end because you want to sneak up on people. Plus, he has great, soft hands."

That last asset is one way Boss compares to Bavaro, a legendary tight end for the Giants during the era of the first two Super Bowls. Of course, when Boss was first drafted by the Giants in 2007, Bavaro didn't expect those hands would have much chance to contribute on the field, with Shockey the incumbent starter.

But that changed temporarily when Shockey got hurt before the Giants' Super Bowl XLII run and permanently when he was traded the following summer -- making Bavaro's No. 89 relevant again.

"I always watch those guys with a little more interest, but when he was wearing it in the beginning, I didn't think he was ever going to play," Bavaro said. "It was a pleasant surprise to see my number out on the field making a difference. It brought back memories for a lot of people, and it's always nice to be remembered."

Bavaro was a prolific tight end for the Giants, leading the team in receiving with 1,001 yards during the 1986 season. He sees Boss as the kind of player with the potential to do the same, so long as he is a major factor in the offensive game plan.

"I don't think he needs to improve, I think he's very good now," Bavaro said. "If he was back with us, (offensive coordinator) Ron Erhardt and (quarterback) Phil Simms, he would have my numbers and more. But a lot of it depends on the game plan."

When the two met at an event in Secaucus on Saturday, Boss was thrilled to speak with his famed predecessor. But Bavaro had a humble message for him.

"I just wanted to let him know I thought he was very good tight end," Bavaro said. "It wasn't Mark Bavaro to a new guy, it was the perspective of a fan who watched him play, just saying, 'Geeze, you're a good tight end, and I like to watch you play.'"