SportsWrath

OK....NOW whos gonna be the starting 5 WR's?

BIGBLUE01

I used to think the Giants would only carry 5 receivers on the 53 man roster, but recently they have carried 6, and I believe they will carry 6 again this year.

Given the inexplicable regard for Moss by the Giants coaching staff, I believe that Tyree is probably in trouble. I think Tyree is much more valuable than Moss, but somehow they are probably going to give that bum another chance. Tyree's best chance is if another receiver gets hurt and has to start the year on PUP, or is IR'ed.

If everyone is healthy:

Nicks

Smith

Hixon

Barden

Manningham

Moss

I used to think the Giants would only carry 5 receivers on the 53 man roster, but recently they have carried 6, and I believe they will carry 6 again this year.

Given the inexplicable regard for Moss by the Giants coaching staff, I believe that Tyree is probably in trouble. I think Tyree is much more valuable than Moss, but somehow they are probably going to give that bum another chance. Tyree's best chance is if another receiver gets hurt and has to start the year on PUP, or is IR'ed.

If everyone is healthy:

Nicks

Smith

Hixon

Barden

Manningham

Moss

I figure Gilbride's comments mean one of two things: either Moss gets it done in practice but makes errors in his rare game opportunities, or he's just hyping the trade bait.

My money is on the latter.

I figure Gilbride's comments mean one of two things: either Moss gets it done in practice but makes errors in his rare game opportunities, or he's just hyping the trade bait.

My money is on the latter.

I hope your right. Tyree is the most veteran of the wide receivers, has always produced when called upon, and is the best STer we have, a Pro Bowl gunner. Moss is "really quick". You have to get Tyree on this team... seriously, we aren't losing much if we cut Moss.

You know, I'm not fan of Gilbride but seriously the guy is on OUR TEAM. He's part of the team that won us the SB a couple of months ago. .. Ok I'm too tired to continue this lecture.. just cool it.

You know, I'm not fan of Gilbride but seriously the guy is on OUR TEAM. He's part of the team that won us the SB a couple of months ago. .. Ok I'm too tired to continue this lecture.. just cool it.

Lol......you're right. :rolleyes:

The Giants always seem to carry 6-7, I dont see why we would cut it down to 5 when we have a really young WR core.

The barden slash manningham doesn't mean one or the other on the team, it means both on the team and one over the other at the 4th spot.

i think youre reading into this too much.

gilbride said right now hes penciled in at no.3.

if hes outperformed in camp and preseason he wont be no.3.

or if he outperforms someone else he could be in 1 or 2.

if you think about it the order at the end of last season was like hixon,toomer,smith,moss,manningham.

so remove toomer and moss is no.3. manningham 4. id imagine thats how they go to camp but it can all change.

BIC, I don't remember the Giants ever carrying 7 WR's on the 53 man roster. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.

I really just don't see as many as 7.

I see Nas is still carrying the torch for Boldin. Two reasons why it won't happen...

#1 - We just drafted an Anquan Boldin clone. If we were to trade for Anquan, we push our first round pick to the bench (not too much of a big deal), but Nicks is exactly the same type of receiver that Anquan is. If they were to make a play for a receiver, it would be for a Braylon Edwards type, a receiver that stretches the field. This team has receivers already similar to Boldin, as I said, Nicks, and although not quite as dangerous, Smith.

#2 - Giants have already shown they are not willing to break the bank (in terms of salary and trade compensation) for a receiver like Braylon or Boldin. They do not want to pay $10 mil per and part with picks/players. It's a pretty safe bet that the team will not add a big name WR via trade before camp.

As I said, after drafting Nicks, I could still see the reasoning in trading for a receiver with Braylon's skill set, but not Boldin... and they aren't inclined to part with the compensation for either anyway.

I see 6 WR's

Hixon

Smith

Nicks

Tyree

Manningham

Barden

Moss won't make it

Why Tyree?

1) Tyree has veteran experience (the rest are all young and will need him in the locker room)

2) He comes up with big plays in the clutch

3) He is a veteran Pro bowl special teams player

4) And I like him because he made that amazing catch in the SB ! :worshippy: