SportsWrath

Which draftee are you most excited about?

Nesta

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which draftee are you most excited about?

• Hakeem Nicks
    • Clint Sintim
    • William Beatty
    • Ramses Barden
    • Travis Beckum
    • Andre Brown
    • Rhett Bomar
    • DeAndre Wright
    • Stoney Woodson

I voted Beckum. I think he can be the Giants version of Chris Cooley. The Giants won't have a true

number 1 per se, but they will have enough weapons teams honest. I like what Reese and Co. are

doing. The Giants, to me needed another vertical threat at TE and this guy can be even better than

Kevin Boss in that department.

I'm also really excited about Sintim. This guy lead the ACC in sacks last year with 11 and I think he

can be a force at SAM next year, I think this year he'll just strictly be used as a pass rusher. I think

this guy has Kiwanuka like potential.

I chose Barden, but it was a close one between him and Sintim. I believe Sintim will make an immediate impact, and Barden I believ will use his natural given size and ability to adapt to the NFL nicely. Rice, Moss and T.O. all were physical specimans coming out of a small school. I have a gut feeling he will follow in their footsteps.

i chose Barden just because he the only guy i believe has a shot at being a game changing player. Sintim will be good i just dont think he can be a Derrick Johnson or shawn marriam(sp) type OLB

The first 5 picks were so completely solid that it's tough to pick one. But I just had to go with Barden....the sexy pick. High risk / high reward.

For heaven's sake, he broke Jerry Rice's college record.....and even though it was at double AA, that's where Rice set his record.

BArden (fingers crossed) is going to command double coverage by next year and that will free up all the other guys to shine.....and we have guys that can shine all over the place.

i chose Barden just because he the only guy i believe has a shot at being a game changing player. Sintim will be good i just dont think he can be a Derrick Johnson or shawn marriam(sp) type OLB

Yeah, I dont think Clint Sintim is the roid type.

Toss up between Nicks, Barden and Beckum for me.

Though that Brown guy looks like a second Jacobs, almost like if Jacobs gets hurt this guy can step in and still have a big bruiser type back.

I voted for Nicks in the end though since he looks to be projected as the #1 this year.

Toss up between Nicks, Barden and Beckum for me.

Though that Brown guy looks like a second Jacobs, almost like if Jacobs gets hurt this guy can step in and still have a big bruiser type back.

I voted for Nicks in the end though since he looks to be projected as the #1 this year.

the thing about Brown though, he can catch. So picture Jacobs and then picture him catching out of the backfield. My god...

the thing about Brown though, he can catch. So picture Jacobs and then picture him catching out of the backfield. My god...

Oh yeah I remember the NFLN crew saying that he has some of the best hands for a RB in the draft, so basically Jacobs who can catch......WOW

I chose Sintim because I've been on his bandwagon for a long time. It's only my opinion, but you can't teach pass rushing, you can teach proper form and balance in coverage, you can teach tackling position, but having a knack for getting to the passer is natural. We'll probly still be a little weak in the intermediate/middle of the field pass defense dept., but we've proven we can win that way. But we'll be better, if only because we have better athletes and more skilled athletes. Hopefully, out new DC will be a blend of Spags and make his own mark by teaching our lb's to cover the middle.

Both of the receivers excite me, people harp on level of competition, but if you think about it, every elite ncaa I-A team only plays a handful of teams that match up to them talent wise. Talent is talent.

I've read that Beaty will challenge KM at RT in a year or two.

I've also read thatBrown is an absolute steal. We are once again stacked at RB, and while Ward proves he benefited from playing behind Brandon and a supreme oline, Bradshaw and Brown will be great. I'm actually very excited to see what Bradshaw will do over a year with more carries. The other guy we got on the squad, Danny something (fuck I'm losing my memory) is talented too. Thats 3 rb's that are genuinly good, and 1 that appears to be real good.

The TE, while I'll be pulling for him, I hate to see Darcey cut, I like that guy as a player.

I chose Sintim because I've been on his bandwagon for a long time. It's only my opinion, but you can't teach pass rushing, you can teach proper form and balance in coverage, you can teach tackling position, but having a knack for getting to the passer is natural. We'll probly still be a little weak in the intermediate/middle of the field pass defense dept., but we've proven we can win that way. But we'll be better, if only because we have better athletes and more skilled athletes. Hopefully, out new DC will be a blend of Spags and make his own mark by teaching our lb's to cover the middle.

Both of the receivers excite me, people harp on level of competition, but if you think about it, every elite ncaa I-A team only plays a handful of teams that match up to them talent wise. Talent is talent.

I've read that Beaty will challenge KM at RT in a year or two.

I've also read thatBrown is an absolute steal. We are once again stacked at RB, and while Ward proves he benefited from playing behind Brandon and a supreme oline, Bradshaw and Brown will be great. I'm actually very excited to see what Bradshaw will do over a year with more carries. The other guy we got on the squad, Danny something (fuck I'm losing my memory) is talented too. Thats 3 rb's that are genuinly good, and 1 that appears to be real good.

The TE, while I'll be pulling for him, I hate to see Darcey cut, I like that guy as a player.

Danny Ware

I haven't seen many pics of Barden and at 6'6", I figured he needed to hit the training room in order to beef up to be ready to play at the NFL level.

But then I saw a pic of him from the combine (or maybe it's from the private workout he had with the Giants).....anyway, he's already ripped and not exactly your skinny tall drink of water.

barden.jpg

And look at the size of his friggin hands!! Three years from now, everyone will be talking about this man as the steal of the 2009 draft.