SportsWrath

ramses barden highlights

Herc

All those redzone plays reminded me what we used to do with Burress.

The only thing is look at the defenses hes going against none of them look like they know what their doing, just running around looking for the ball.

I hope he can ease into the NFL well.

All those redzone plays reminded me what we used to do with Burress.

The only thing is look at the defenses hes going against none of them look like they know what their doing, just running around looking for the ball.

I hope he can ease into the NFL well.

Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens.......all played at small schools and made their opponents look dumb. They transitioned fine.

That video is cool, but the question remains:

"Can he run a fade route?"

i think when you look at some of the catches he is making in the end zone highlights you can assume he has no problem with the type of fade routes we run. its a very important question though, if he can be the kind of threat in the red zone that he looks like in this video then we will go a long way towards replacing burress' impact on our offense

Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens.......all played at small schools and made their opponents look dumb. They transitioned fine.

Thats true.

Hopefully he can keep doing what he's doing in the redzone because if so.....god dam. Imagine though once the opponents defense starts saying "Hey cover this tall kid" we still have Nicks who's just a strong SoB, Boss, Smith and Beckum in the redzone.

That video is cool, but the question remains:

"Can he run a fade route?"

Sure he is an unproven rook but come on....the QB just tossed the ball up on a fade route and he grabbed it.

Record this. Barden will make a bigger impact than Nicks.

i think when you look at some of the catches he is making in the end zone highlights you can assume he has no problem with the type of fade routes we run. its a very important question though, if he can be the kind of threat in the red zone that he looks like in this video then we will go a long way towards replacing burress' impact on our offense

Sure he is an unproven rook but come on....the QB just tossed the ball up on a fade route and he grabbed it.

Record this. Barden will make a bigger impact than Nicks.

Jeez, it was a joke, guys... ALL he runs in that vid are fade routes. :brooding:

Jeez, it was a joke, guys... ALL he runs in that vid are fade routes. :brooding:

You know Ccase pointed to it earlier, this entire message board has had something stick up it's ass the past while(I'm guilty of being uppity too). Maybe it's just all the trade talks and bullshit leading up to the draft.

Thats true.

Hopefully he can keep doing what he's doing in the redzone because if so.....god dam. Imagine though once the opponents defense starts saying "Hey cover this tall kid" we still have Nicks who's just a strong SoB, Boss, Smith and Beckum in the redzone.

Plus we have the beast Jacobs who could pound it in when Eli calls an audible.

i thought seph was wondering if he'd be able to do it against NFL corners as opposed to the jv all-stars he was playing against in the video. my response was def more polite than the initial reaction in my head though (obviously the joke went over my head)

i thought seph was wondering if he'd be able to do it against NFL corners as opposed to the jv all-stars he was playing against in the video. my response was def more polite than the initial reaction in my head though (obviously the joke went over my head)

JV huh? Look at these football powerhouses:

San Diego State W 29-27 1-0 (0-0)

Montana L 30-28 1-1 (0-0)

Northwestern State W 52-18 2-1 (0-0)

South Dakota W 49-22 3-1 (1-0)

South Dakota State W 42-28 4-1 (1-0)

Southern Utah W 69-41 5-1 (2-0)

Idaho State W 49-10 6-1 (2-0)

North Carolina Central W 49-3 7-1 (2-0)

UC Davis W 51-28 8-1 (3-0)

Wisconsin L 36-35 8-2 (3-0)

Weber State L 49-35 8-3 (3-0)

woah i stand corrected (shoulda taken wisconsin outta htere though :) )

Has there been any tougher schedule? :unsure:

The one thing about Ramses is he needs to come into camp ready to go to war. I suspect he has played at less that full speed because he knew because of his size and reach that the little DB's couldn't compete with him going after the ball. He's going to have to put in the total effort now, against DB's who aren't afraid of tall receivers and will attempt to jam the hell out of him at the line. The great thing about him is that even when he's covered, you will still love his chances of coming down with the ball because of that big frame, reach, and massive hands.

I suspect Nicks is going to get more catches next year, but Barden will haul in the TD's in the green zone.

Midas hit the nail on the head, if he or any other WR or Te can become a real red zone (sorry Tom green zone) target we do not need a #1 WR.

I also think changing the passing philosophy from more downfield passes to shorter intermediate passing will improve things as well. This is not to take away the downfield game, but maybe cutting it down and using more play action for the downfield stuff.

Midas hit the nail on the head, if he or any other WR or Te can become a real red zone (sorry Tom green zone) target we do not need a #1 WR.

I also think changing the passing philosophy from more downfield passes to shorter intermediate passing will improve things as well. This is not to take away the downfield game, but maybe cutting it down and using more play action for the downfield stuff.

Would also improve Eli's passer rating and completion percentage. I like the Travis Beckum pick

alot, I'm thinking he could be the Giants version of Chris Cooley.

Would also improve Eli's passer rating and completion percentage. I like the Travis Beckum pick

alot, I'm thinking he could be the Giants version of Chris Cooley.

yes he has size and good hands....I am also anxious to see ELI where there is NO ONE that he will be forced to throw the ball to. He is the veteran now and they can do as he tells them.