SportsWrath

Hicks...are you fucking kidding me?

so-cal dub

Still I would have rather have taken a offensive linemen and trade the Shockey two for bolden. and be in a position to not have to develop a reciever. The Giants need a reciever who can compete now, where they have a need on the Oline that can develop. Jmho

Thats the thing though, I think we already made attempts for Boldin and all of them failed and I bet we even offered our 1st and both 2nds. The Cards want to act like they got no offers but I'm pretty sure we atleast offered something but it was nothing more then a stalemate.

Besides with the holes we have/had at LB and WR and offensive lineman would of been stupid with our first pick, being as we have one of the best lines in place. We have the time to sit back and groom acouple to eventually replace whoever retires off the line, plus we have acouple guys in place(Whimper,Ruegamer) who can come in incase of injuries.

We got a LB who can start/contribute from day one in Sintim, plus a good OT to groom. Nicks should be starting for day one in my opinion, since the Browns/Cardinals trade talks in my mind fell short months before the draft.

Britt drops more balls then Edwards and Plax combined, we needed a WR who would atleast produce for us.

Watch a lot of Rutgers games? They had a very good passing game, when Teel was on. Unfortunately, Teel was a very hot/cold QB.

As I said in other threads, I wouldn't mind picking up the other Rutger's WR tommorrow. Actually, wouldn't mind picking Courtney Greene, either--although he had a pretty lackluster year last season.

Thats the thing though, I think we already made attempts for Boldin and all of them failed and I bet we even offered our 1st and both 2nds. The Cards want to act like they got no offers but I'm pretty sure we atleast offered something but it was nothing more then a stalemate.

Besides with the holes we have/had at LB and WR and offensive lineman would of been stupid with our first pick, being as we have one of the best lines in place. We have the time to sit back and groom acouple to eventually replace whoever retires off the line, plus we have acouple guys in place(Whimper,Ruegamer) who can come in incase of injuries.

We got a LB who can start/contribute from day one in Sintim, plus a good OT to groom. Nicks should be starting for day one in my opinion, since the Browns/Cardinals trade talks in my mind fell short months before the draft.

I dont know bro I wouldnt call the bolden thing done yet, I think that was alot of draft smoke but they want to trade him. Shockey got traded right before training camp you watch.

I dont know bro I wouldnt call the bolden thing done yet, I think that was alot of draft smoke but they want to trade him. Shockey got traded right before training camp you watch.

Yep, I'm sure the Giants would pursue Boldin or Edwards. It's not over yet.

I'm hoping. And if so, I wont feel so negative about the Nicks pick.

But think about it.. if the Giants are unable to land either Boldin or Edwards, at least we can say we have Nicks... to me this was a no brainer... this 'Bey guy was drafted very early by the Raiders and from what I read Britt doesn't have as good hands as Nicks does... what's the worst that can happen really? We did sign that LB from Atlanta and the WR postion is by far our weakest link.. and it's about time we draft someone in the first to fix it.

I dont know personally. Maybe your right and Reese(our GM) works some off season magic and just bitch slaps the Browns/Cards into submission and is able to trade maybe one of next years draft picks for either Boldin or Edwards. I still think it's doubtful, but you never know.

However I feel good that if we dont land either of them, we have Nicks who after I finished reading about this guy makes me feel good that we got him.

Right, but he cant SPREAD the defense for either him or Smith to get open and he's not a big target who will win a fight for the ball all the time like Plax.

Plax didn't win every fight. And one of the selling points of this Nicks kid is he does go up and battle for the ball. No one is expecting him to put up numbers like Plax this coming season...wait let me correct that. I fully expect him to put up the kind of numbers Plax did in his final season. And give him a year to develop and I expect him to command the kind of attention Plax did...the attention that made Plax so important compared to his production.

I dont know personally. Maybe your right and Reese(our GM) works some off season magic and just bitch slaps the Browns/Cards into submission and is able to trade maybe one of next years draft picks for either Boldin or Edwards. I still think it's doubtful, but you never know.

However I feel good that if we dont land either of them, we have Nicks who after I finished reading about this guy makes me feel good that we got him.

After careful review I think not getting Edwards or Boldin was a good thing. They both would want 10 million plus per year contracts. Something this team is not set up to do. And I think Jacobs is right in that Lug topic we all hated. He wants a player who can come in and develop in the team-based atmosphere that Coughlin has established instead of a vet who has his own way of doing things.

After careful review I think not getting Edwards or Boldin was a good thing. They both would want 10 million plus per year contracts. Something this team is not set up to do. And I think Jacobs is right in that Lug topic we all hated. He wants a player who can come in and develop in the team-based atmosphere that Coughlin has established instead of a vet who has his own way of doing things.

We still have 7 picks. I fully expect us to move a couple of them. For what, I dont know...

Like I said earlier, the Browns are stock piling receivers. Maybe there is still a glimmer of hope for Edwards. Even if we dont move any picks this year, that doesnt mean we cant next year like what happened with Shockey.

Well.. a few things to keep in mind.. we were paying Plax top dollar to begin with.. so Boldin making the same amount isn't a deal breaker. Secondly, Bolden isn't exactly a TO or a Plax for that matter... it's the Cards who did him dirty in a sense. I think Bolden in Blue this year and for years to come is more realistic now than before.. now that the Cards couldn't move him today. Besides, can you imagine Bolden, Nicks, and Smith out there?

Well.. a few things to keep in mind.. we were paying Plax top dollar to begin with.. so Boldin making the same amount isn't a deal breaker. Secondly, Bolden isn't exactly a TO or a Plax for that matter... it's the Cards who did him dirty in a sense. I think Bolden in Blue this year and for years to come is more realistic now than before.. now that the Cards couldn't move him today. Besides, can you imagine Bolden, Nicks, and Smith out there?

No, becasue Nicks is unproven ^_^

Maybe trade Nicks and some picks for Bolden?

I fully understand and respect Boldin and his situation with the Cards. But his salary demands would be greater than Plax's. The guy never put up good numbers his value was more in his presence on the field.

Only makes sense that the people who know the least would complain about this pick. He is absolutely perfect for what we need. The Giants did good by their draftboard and anyone that has an argument feel free to bring it to my attention as I will shut you down.

Only makes sense that the people who know the least would complain about this pick. He is absolutely perfect for what we need. The Giants did good by their draftboard and anyone that has an argument feel free to bring it to my attention as I will shut you down.

well said. We got 3 players who are very good. I even wanted Beatty at 45! WHat a good value pick at 60!

Agreed, this guy will be an amazing player in a couple of years..and he may not put up 1,000 and 12 touchdowns this year but he will help us alot like how D-Jax helped philly last year.

I'm hoping. And if so, I wont feel so negative about the Nicks pick.

Me neither, but I think we'd have been better off with Hicks.

Anyway, they're talking about healthy limbs and sure hands, and that's plenty good for me.

• 2 weeks later...
I kind of agreed with you at the time, Dub, but what were we going to do for a WR after picking Rey or Laurenitis? All the other WRs being mentioned were gone by the time we hit 45.

I love Rey, but the truth is that he's not sharp mentally and is far from a finished product. On the other hand, Laurenitis kinda sucks. He's just the next model in the Big-10 White LB Hype Machine, after luminaries such as A.J. Hawk, Bobby Carpenter, Paul Posluzny, Dan Conner, etc. etc.