SportsWrath

Hicks...are you fucking kidding me?

so-cal dub

Well.. a few things to keep in mind.. we were paying Plax top dollar to begin with.. so Boldin making the same amount isn't a deal breaker. Secondly, Bolden isn't exactly a TO or a Plax for that matter... it's the Cards who did him dirty in a sense. I think Bolden in Blue this year and for years to come is more realistic now than before.. now that the Cards couldn't move him today. Besides, can you imagine Bolden, Nicks, and Smith out there?

Sorry, but it's over now that we spent premium picks on two rookie receivers. Boldin was never really a serious option. His age and injury history, coupled with his price-tag were enough to diminish any interest on our end.

I also can't reiterate enough that Hixon and Manningham remain big parts of the team's future plans.

Sorry, but it's over now that we spent premium picks on two rookie receivers. Boldin was never really a serious option. His age and injury history, coupled with his price-tag were enough to diminish any interest on our end.

I also can't reiterate enough that Hixon and Manningham remain big parts of the team's future plans.

I agree on Manningham, but part of me thinks the Giants hope Hixon gets beat out for a spot. He's still very valuable as a backup and special teamer.

I agree on Manningham, but part of me thinks the Giants hope Hixon gets beat out for a spot. He's still very valuable as a backup and special teamer.

I think they are hoping Hixon can be their #3 or #4 so they can plug him in at KR/PR.

And where did Salma go?

Nicks is the one receiver in this draft that can come in and contribute immediately!

1. Hands - Butch Davis said he had the best hands of any receiver he has coached, which includes

Reggie Wayne and Andre Johnson.

2. System - He has been playing in a pro style offense

3. Route Running - best in draft next to maybe Robiskie

This guy is going to be good from day one.

How many rookie receivers have we heard the hype about over the years? And how many actually contributed in their rookie years? Answers: many and none. (and that includes the likes of Amani Toomer!)

Fine to hope for a different story this time but must give nod to reality and at least consider possibility that Nicks will not have significant impact in first year.