SportsWrath

Screw Edwards, lets go get Boldin

Tempest

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?i...ce=NFLHeadlines

Boldin could be traded before draft

By John Clayton

ESPN.com

Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Anquan Boldin may get his wish to be traded. Coach Ken Whisenhunt said Wednesday the team is willing to listen to offers. Boldin has asked to be traded since last season after teammate Larry Fitzgerald received a four-year, $40 million contract. Boldin has two years remaining on the six-year, $33.99 million deal he signed in 2005. Though the team wants to give him an extension, they aren't expected to give him a Fitzgerald-type deal. Whisenhunt, speaking to Arizona reporters Wednesday, opened the door for the team to receive trade offers. "Before the draft, you know there is going to be talk about Anquan and his situation and a trade," Whisenhunt said. "Since not a whole lot has changed with his contractual situation, we know that will come back. It would be foolish from out standpoint not to listen to those opportunities and see what actually exists. But I want to make the points -- our goal is to re-sign him to a long-term deal. That hasn't changed." Boldin continues to bring up the idea of a trade. With contract talks at a standstill, the Cardinals can listen to offers before the draft. The Eagles and Giants might be at the top of the list. Boldin is considered a No. 1 wide receiver so it could cost a No. 1 and No. 3 draft choice to acquire him.

We send them a first, third and either Sinorice Moss or Domenic Hixon. Now with one of our second round draft picks we add further to the receiver core by picking up a receiver that drops out of the first.

I know some of you are in love with the potential of Hixon, but what if Nicks or Britt drops into the second round and we grab them? We will have completely revamped our receiving core to return to the super bowl.

ill be very happy with either edwards or boldin

Yeah but who would you rather have?

Boldin will probably cost more but I'd say it is worth it. And while I love the potential Hixon has potential is not worth production.

Yeah but who would you rather have?

Boldin will probably cost more but I'd say it is worth it. And while I love the potential Hixon has potential is not worth production.

ive bone back and forth on it

right now im leaning towards braylon

i think he'd be a better fit

How old is Boldin, and how tall is he. In my opinion, Boldin is wasy better, but from what John Clayton said we're so close to signing Edwards that I don't think Reese would even entertain the offer. I'd hate if we get Edwards and Boldin fell to the Eagles. Boldin doesn't drop balls, and he plays great even when hurt. If all we have to give up is a 1st, 3rd, and a player like Moss or Hixon then I'm down, like Charlie Brown

How old is Boldin, and how tall is he. In my opinion, Boldin is wasy better, but from what John Clayton said we're so close to signing Edwards that I don't think Reese would even entertain the offer. I'd hate if we get Edwards and Boldin fell to the Eagles. Boldin doesn't drop balls, and he plays great even when hurt. If all we have to give up is a 1st, 3rd, and a player like Moss or Hixon then I'm down, like Charlie Brown

But don't forget Bolden plays in the NFC West. Which adds about 20% to your final stat. We need a WR that stretches the field and stops safeties from creeping up to the line of scrimage. Bolden is not that guy.

We send them a first, third and either Sinorice Moss or Domenic Hixon. Now with one of our second round draft picks we add further to the receiver core by picking up a receiver that drops out of the first.

I know some of you are in love with the potential of Hixon, but what if Nicks or Britt drops into the second round and we grab them? We will have completely revamped our receiving core to return to the super bowl.

I wouldn't make that deal. Not for a 29-year old receiver with tons of mileage and too many injuries on his track record. Boldin is a guy with a small number of prime years remaining, and he's a poor bet to play a full 16 games.

But don't forget Bolden plays in the NFC West. Which adds about 20% to your final stat. We need a WR that stretches the field and stops safeties from creeping up to the line of scrimage. Bolden is not that guy.

Yeah, but atleast Boldin doesn't lead the league in drops. I understand braylon is young, and he's a good player, but I don't think he'll draw double teams like Boldin will. I'll be happy with either one of them, but I'm still leaning more towards Boldin

You stumbled upon a key difference between the two players.

Braylon is a perfect fit for what we do offensively. He has a very similar skillset to Plax, and Cleveland deployed him in a comparably aggressive downfield attack. According to advanced production metrics, Plaxico Burress and Braylon Edwards might be the two most similar receivers in the league.

Edwards is one of the absolute best homerun hitters in the game, and he challenges defensives vertially as well as anyone. We witnessed it firsthand on Monday Night. Boldin is a great player in his own right, but he operates in the mid and intermediate range. He's not a deep threat. With our current assortment of wideouts, the deep threat/Plax-facsimile works much better than guy who averages 12 yards per catch.

I love Boldin, he's as toyugh as nails, catches everything, turns short yardage into big yardage, but I would rather have Edwards.

I believe we have a Boldin TYPE player in Smith, and I believe we need a spectacular catch type player to compliment him, and to get to Eli's difficult passes.

I love Boldin, he's as toyugh as nails, catches everything, turns short yardage into big yardage, but I would rather have Edwards.

I believe we have a Boldin TYPE player in Smith, and I believe we need a spectacular catch type player to compliment him, and to get to Eli's difficult passes.

VG, Edwards led the league in drops last year. He's had 27 in 2 years. How do you expect him to make those difficult catches when the guy has troubles catching ease catches.

VG, Edwards led the league in drops last year. He's had 27 in 2 years. How do you expect him to make those difficult catches when the guy has troubles catching ease catches.

If you're thrown to alot, you drop a lot. Plax led the league in drops once I believe.

Have you seen last years passes dropped leaders?

National Football League

Scoreboard | Stats | Standings | Teams | Players | Player News | Injuries | Transactions | Home

NFL Individual Leaders: Receiving

Receiving Categories: NFL | NFC | AFC

NFL Leaders: Passes Dropped (Thru Dec. 30, 2007)

Rank Player Team Stats

1t Dallas Clark Ind 12

1t Braylon Edwards Cle 12

3t Reggie Bush NO 10

3t Devery Henderson NO 10

3t Santana Moss Was 10

3t Terrell Owens Dal 10

7t Randy Moss NE 9

7t Brian Westbrook Phi 9

9t Brandon Jacobs NYG 8

9t Brandon Marshall Den 8

9t Shaun McDonald Det 8

9t Steve Smith Car 8

9t Kellen Winslow Cle 8

14t Marty Booker Mia 7

14t Desmond Clark Chi 7

14t Ronald Curry Oak 7

14t Warrick Dunn Atl 7

14t Anthony Gonzalez Ind 7

14t Frank Gore SF 7

14t Earnest Graham TB 7

14t T.J. Houshmandzadeh Cin 7

14t Darrell Jackson SF 7

14t Chad Johnson Cin 7

14t Amani Toomer NYG 7

If you're thrown to alot, you drop a lot. Plax led the league in drops once I believe.

National Football League

Scoreboard | Stats | Standings | Teams | Players | Player News | Injuries | Transactions | Home

Rank Player Team Stats

1t Dallas Clark Ind 12

3t Reggie Bush NO 10

3t Santana Moss Was 10

3t Terrell Owens Dal 10

7t Randy Moss NE 9

7t Brian Westbrook Phi 9

9t Brandon Jacobs NYG 8

9t Shaun McDonald Det 8

9t Steve Smith Car 8

9t Kellen Winslow Cle 8

14t Marty Booker Mia 7

14t Desmond Clark Chi 7

14t Ronald Curry Oak 7

14t Warrick Dunn Atl 7

14t Frank Gore SF 7

14t Earnest Graham TB 7

14t Darrell Jackson SF 7

14t Chad Johnson Cin 7

14t Amani Toomer NYG 7

Thats actually 2007, but the point is the same.

National Football League

Rank Player Team Stats

1t Dallas Clark Ind 12

3t Reggie Bush NO 10

3t Santana Moss Was 10

3t Terrell Owens Dal 10

7t Randy Moss NE 9

7t Brian Westbrook Phi 9

9t Brandon Jacobs NYG 8

9t Shaun McDonald Det 8

9t Steve Smith Car 8

9t Kellen Winslow Cle 8

14t Marty Booker Mia 7

14t Desmond Clark Chi 7

14t Ronald Curry Oak 7

14t Warrick Dunn Atl 7

14t Frank Gore SF 7

14t Earnest Graham TB 7

14t Darrell Jackson SF 7

14t Chad Johnson Cin 7

14t Amani Toomer NYG 7

damn, those are some pretty big names. Like I said before. I'm all for getting Braylon, I just really like the athletic ability Boldin has, and I'd hate to see him become an Eagle.

damn, those are some pretty big names. Like I said before. I'm all for getting Braylon, I just really like the athletic ability Boldin has, and I'd hate to see him become an Eagle.

Oh I agree, I would hate any upgrade the Eagles make, and I would be pumped if we landed Boldin. But I think for our team, with our QB, if given the choice, I take Edwards.

If Denver was able to get a first this year and next for Cutler, I am sure thats what Arizona wants. My problem is if we don't get him(Boldin) Philadelphia probably will and he will be kicking our ass twice a year. Give a 1st,2nd and 5th basically our Jeremy Shockey picks we stole from New Orleans and then a #1 next year.

If Denver was able to get a first this year and next for Cutler, I am sure thats what Arizona wants. My problem is if we don't get him(Boldin) Philadelphia probably will and he will be kicking our ass twice a year. Give a 1st,2nd and 5th basically our Jeremy Shockey picks we stole from New Orleans and then a #1 next year.

That's way too much considering our secondary isn't bad. I wouldn't give up that much just to keep him away from Philly.

i want boldin too but thats overboard. Our D is gonna crush QB's this

year and they just wont have a lot of time to pass it.

Hell I would love boldin but 1 player dont make the entire team.

Its gonna get interesting real soon.