SportsWrath

Giants acquire Boldin from Cards for Manningham, Kiwanuka, fisrt and second round pick

mike garafalo or however you spell it is sayin theres no truth to the new rumors

I just read that as well.For those of you that have not read MG's article here it is .

Tuesday night, I went to go see "I Love You, Man." (More on that in a few.) I came out of the theater to see I had several missed calls and more than a dozen e-mails -- most of them with the word "Edwards" in the subject line. That would be Braylon Edwards, the wide receiver about whom the Giants held "preliminary" trade discussions with the Browns recently.

What happened was Mike Missanelli of ESPN Radio 950-AM in Philly had said on-air a listener e-mailed him to let him know he had heard or read something about a deal for Edwards that was about to go down. Well, my first move was to text Missanelli, with whom I worked during my time at SportsRadio 610 WIP-AM in Philly about six years ago. Here's what he wrote back:

Got an e-mail from a guy in cleve who said that a browns.com guy said that on a webcast. I didn't say it was true.

Too late. The brush fire had already been lit.

A Giants' message board was ablaze and apparently fans on Eagles and Browns boards were flipping out about this one. So I kept trying to sniff this one out to see if there was anything to it. As I went to bed last night, I didn't have anyone telling me "yes," but I also didn't have a definitive "no." All I knew was that nothing had trickled down the grapevine on either side of this rumor. I posted as much in the comments section of the previous entry.

This morning, I got more of the same: a lot of shoulder shrugs and head shakes but no fists being slammed on the desk. Well, early this afternoon, I got my definitive "no" from a couple of people who would know.

So I'm comfortable telling you there is nothing to this latest rumor.

Now, I'm not saying this can't happen in the future. Talks could spark up again -- perhaps around draft time. As I wrote on Friday after the Giants cut Plaxico Burress, someone familiar with the progress of talks said it's unlikely but not out of the realm of possibilities.

But as for the supposed press conference that was going to happen this morning ... um, no.

If anything changes and I find out, I'll let you know.

So how was the movie? It was very, very good. Consistent laughs, great performances and a good script. And the most important thing for me was this was the first quality mainstream comedy I've seen in years that didn't seem like it was trying way too hard to make me laugh.

Even some of the better ones (in my opinion) in recent years -- "Wedding Crashers" and "Knocked Up" are right up there -- had a few moments where they were reaching. And some of them I won't name because they're some of your favorite recent movies (and I don't want to start a fight because people defend movies more than their political affiliations sometimes) have been 90 minutes of "Please laugh, please laugh, please, please, please!" Not "I Love You, Man." It was perfectly understated, probably because of the way Paul Rudd kept it grounded.

"But what does this have to do with football????!!!!!"

Sorry. I strayed. Haven't done that for a while, though? Right?

Anyway...

Thursday, the Giants will welcome a bunch of local prospects to the stadium, including Rutgers WR Kenny Britt. I've mentioned over the past couple of months they like him as more of a developmental guy. Maybe he can do something to change their minds Thursday so that they can see him as more of an immediate fix. I'm pretty sure he'll be working out for them and not just paying a quick visit. After all, none of the big decision makers or coaches attended his pro day; only two scouts were there.

2:48 p.m. UPDATE Hang on. I might have my dates mixed up here. Tomorrow is definitely a local workout day, but Britt might not be part of this one. His agent, Todd France, wrote in an e-mail minutes ago he believes Britt might not be coming in until next week. We're checking to be sure. I'm also trying to find out if any of the local big names (B.J. Raji and Brian Cushing) will be here tomorrow.

2:52 p.m. UPDATE No on Raji.

Also, you might have noticed I haven't been keeping track of whom the Giants are bringing in for a visit and whom they're working out at pro days. That's because -- starting with the latter -- they pretty much work out everybody. They have a very thorough scouting process, so they take a look at as many guys as possible. And the players they brought to the stadium the past couple of years have been the players they haven't drafted. That's not to say they won't change it up one of these years, so right before the draft I'll try my best to recap all those visits. But for now, I'm not going to keep a running tab.

And finally, restricted free agent WR Miles Austin, a local kid who became the first player from Monmouth to ever make a regular-season roster, will visit the Jets on Friday. I had asked around ot see if the Giants were interested and it sounded like it was lukewarm at best. Plus, they'd have to give up a second-round pick to sign him because the Cowboys tendered him at the second-round level.

Austin is an interesting prospect because he was a special-teams contributor who looked to be a developing receiver last season when he grabbed 3 TDs. I also know him well and have met his parents a few times so I can tell you he's -- gasp! -- a good kid. Wow, what a concept for a wide receiver.

Anyway, doesn't sound like he'll be a Giant anytime soon. Maybe a Jet, though.

MG

a friend of mine just emailed me and word is swirling that the Giants have indeed traded for Edwards....as I find out more I will let you know.

:LMAO: the dog has to love this...who is your friend, Mrs. Edwards?

zip right over the dog's head

forgive the dog for taking you seriously, as it isn't like you to state things that are absurd like others do...for example, one time, a poster here adamentaly argued the fact that it was stupid for any team to draft two running backs in one draft...never mind that same team actually had to utilize those backs after injury...nevermind that other teams in the league end up down to their third back over the course of the season (the broncos even ended up down to their 7th back this year...but the dog digresses...)...the dog wishes he could remember that foolish poster's name...it was something like ppod...ppod something...oh well, forgive the dog again for misinterpreting ppodlesny...hey, wait a second...

When the Master Defilers of this nation meet for our annual Party Of Outrageous Naughtiness (POON for short); you will be barred at the door. We will torment you with pictures of a caged Angelina Jolie....a tied up and muzzled Jennifer Lopez a ready to be fisted Beyonce...(and that is only the preliminaries...)...mortal fool you will rue this day of rank insolence that you foolishly brought upon yourself.....shame....SHAME.... :angry: :readtherulesbuddy: :pimp: :mean: :banned: :sneaky: :smartass: :lipssealed: :hehe: :hah: :05-mafia: :mad: :TD:

OK we have seen them all day the "fakes"

Thread titles with claims of Edwards signed, to the giants, update.

It is cluttering up the Giants section and making us as posters and Sportswrathians look like 5th graders for the world to see. With the draft around the corner I am sure that there will be more of these threads ,fake trades and signings so If you feel compelled to start one please do so in here as a post. Hopefully this will quell any school yard shenanigans. and help our forum to stay more classy than most of the Main Giant boards.

SO I will be moving all threads of that type into this one