SportsWrath

I think we need to bring back Toomer

JackStroud

I was watching the SB run today on NFL network

Amani was a big reason for winning the Lombardi, especially in the Dallas game.

By the way Canty looked awesome in that game, as did "gulp" Strahan, and Mitchell.

Also Strahan was much bigger in 2007 than when he slimmed down to 250 for the ladies in 2005/6....Skinny Mike was horrible......... 270 lb Mike was a load and a terror

Canty is going to make Dallas much worse and us much better up the middle. He is very tall, and makes opposing QBs pass around him......hes also a sure tackler

Too bad we let Wilson and Mitchell go........big mistakes....they were pivotal that year.

I also heard the NFL thinks we will be vulnerable this year on D......they look at this as a learning year for Sheridan, and hope to out maneuver us while he learns to call plays

Mitchell was directing defensive allignments often in the Dallas game.....I never noticed that part of his contribution in the one too short year he was with us.....when you think about it Mitchell brought a lot to that 2007 team, and he played his best ball ever.....he might have known more than anyone on the Giants that year that was his one shot at a ring.

Mitchell, Wilson, Osi and Strahan brought a defensive physical presense we lacked in 2008. Kiwi is a fast player but a little slim in the waist.

My other observation was what a good QB Eli was down that stretch, and also Romo.......say what you want but Romo is a pro bowl QB, and not the reason Dallas can't get over the hump......its other factors that deny them glory

I fully expect Dallas to reload this year and give us fits

It's funny you mentioned Canty looking dominant, I remembered Canty owning our oline in the games we played against them but everyone started saying we overpaid for him and that he never did anything against us and I was legitimately confused. I think the Canty signing was one of the best offseason signings in the entire NFL.

Toomer is done Jack. He had plenty of opportunities to shine last year, and he was a ghost for most of it.

The fact we kept plugging him in and getting nothing back, didn't help the offense at all.

I'd take him back at vet-min and he would be resigned to depth.

Toomer is done Jack. He had plenty of opportunities to shine last year, and he was a ghost for most of it.

The fact we kept plugging him in and getting nothing back, didn't help the offense at all.

I'd take him back at vet-min and he would be resigned to depth.

I don't think so......Toomer like the rest of the Giants did not have their best year

Toomer has come back from the dead before. He brings a vet savvy that we really need in that young receiver corp

I heard the Giants would not bring him back due to comments he made after the Philly game......that ridiculous but typical Coughlin-esse

Coughy does his nice guy act unil he has a chance to ban you for good......then he is unforgiving

it wasnt a mistake letting wilson go for what we would have had to pay him

Ok granted Wilson got ridiculous money but as it worked out it was not the long term payoff he thought it would be

Mitchell signed for $5 million as I recall.......he was worth 5

By the way Canty looked awesome in that game, as did "gulp" Strahan, and Mitchell.

Also Strahan was much bigger in 2007 than when he slimmed down to 250 for the ladies in 2005/6....Skinny Mike was horrible......... 270 lb Mike was a load and a terror

Canty is going to make Dallas much worse and us much better up the middle. He is very tall, and makes opposing QBs pass around him......hes also a sure tackler

Too bad we let Wilson and Mitchell go........big mistakes....they were pivotal that year.

I also heard the NFL thinks we will be vulnerable this year on D......they look at this as a learning year for Sheridan, and hope to out maneuver us while he learns to call plays

Mitchell was directing defensive allignments often in the Dallas game.....I never noticed that part of his contribution in the one too short year he was with us.....when you think about it Mitchell brought a lot to that 2007 team, and he played his best ball ever.....he might have known more than anyone on the Giants that year that was his one shot at a ring.

Mitchell, Wilson, Osi and Strahan brought a defensive physical presense we lacked in 2008. Kiwi is a fast player but a little slim in the waist.

My other observation was what a good QB Eli was down that stretch, and also Romo.......say what you want but Romo is a pro bowl QB, and not the reason Dallas can't get over the hump......its other factors that deny them glory

I fully expect Dallas to reload this year and give us fits

I dont. I know I talk shit about DAL regardless, but seriously, this yr they're horrible. I called it last yr, that they wouldnt make the playoffs, and this yr its even more obvious. They lost their starting talented and game changing WR, they lost a HUGE presence on the Dline, and also in the secondary. The patched all that up, with an over the hill LB. Romo has already proven he chokes, what more proof do you need?

I dont. I know I talk shit about DAL regardless, but seriously, this yr they're horrible. I called it last yr, that they wouldnt make the playoffs, and this yr its even more obvious. They lost their starting talented and game changing WR, they lost a HUGE presence on the Dline, and also in the secondary. The patched all that up, with an over the hill LB. Romo has already proven he chokes, what more proof do you need?

Dallas could easlily have beaten us the year we won the SB......it was a very tight game

Neither team is as good as they were 2 yrs ago.

Minus Burress, Mitchell, Wilson, Ward, Toomer......and a laundry list of others we are not as good right now as the SB team 15 months ago in my opinion

I hope Jerry drafts a LBer that can come right in and play......our Jerry, not Dallas's

Dallas could easlily have beaten us the year we won the SB......it was a very tight game

Neither team is as good as they were 2 yrs ago.

Minus Burress, Mitchell, Wilson, Ward, Toomer......and a laundry list of others we are not as good right now as the SB team 15 months ago in my opinion

I hope Jerry drafts a LBer that can come right in and play......our Jerry, not Dallas's

I know, two years ago. Im talkin' NOW. I dont really understand how I say DAL will suck this yr, and you say" No, they were good two yrs ago". :huh:

We both may not be as good as we were 2 yrs ago, (I beg to differ, I think we're better) but we are leaps and bounds better than DAL THIS YR. Watch.

I don't think so......Toomer like the rest of the Giants did not have their best year

Toomer has come back from the dead before. He brings a vet savvy that we really need in that young receiver corp

I heard the Giants would not bring him back due to comments he made after the Philly game......that ridiculous but typical Coughlin-esse

Coughy does his nice guy act unil he has a chance to ban you for good......then he is unforgiving

True, he's bounced back in years past, but the older you get the harder it is to do such a thing. He is done.

I didn't care too much for his comments either. I thought he was pretty shitty considering he's been with us for so long.

But ofcourse it's all about the money with these guys. The players and the suits.

That wouldn't have been Coughlin's decision.

True, he's bounced back in years past, but the older you get the harder it is to do such a thing. He is done.

I didn't care too much for his comments either. I thought he was pretty shitty considering he's been with us for so long.

But ofcourse it's all about the money with these guys. The players and the suits.

What exactly did Amani say anyway? I missed all that in my coma over our 4 losses in 5 games

What exactly did Amani say anyway? I missed all that in my coma over our 4 losses in 5 games

Before the season was even over he gave some 'woe is me' comments to the media. "Maybe I should've held out in mini-camp..."

Then expressed some frustration over losing playing time to younger guys, but then said he didn't want to talk about it.

Then he gave some criticism to the coaches about being 'phased out'.

Search the forum. Articles are posted here.

Mitchell, yeah, we missed him last year. Wilkinson looked like he was ready in 2007. Oops.

I thought our secondary play improved last year over 2007, so I'm not so sure about Gibril. Between Wilson getting cut, and the guy we signed to replace him (Knight) not being able to get on the active list all season, I'm not sure we could have said the same with Wilson on the team. Knight did have similar stats in 2007.

And Pdouble was right, in my opinion. Wilson just wasn't worth what Oakland paid.

Eh, 2007 was a learning year for Spagnuolo as well. They beat our defense soundly for the first couple of games. We managed.:)

It kind of works both ways--offensive coordinators are going to have a learning curve going up against Sheridan. I'm not saying there's no worries: just hold off hoarding canned goods for the coming apocalypse.

Kiwi was supposed to be a linebacker last year. We really can't fault him for that. But I do agree that we weren't the same in 2008. Losing both pro-bowl defensive ends for the season will do that to a defense. And we didn't replace Mitchell.

Call it the curse of Me Me Barber. It just seems like the guys who came on in the late 90's just have a problem with keeping their mouths shut and not going on about the negatives with their relationship with the Giants. When his wife was aborting about 4 or 5 of the fetuses they conceived together the Giants were there to shore him up. Just the overall sense of ingratitude that gets me. And guess what guys...surprise its a business. Get over yourselves already.

It's funny you mentioned Canty looking dominant, I remembered Canty owning our oline in the games we played against them but everyone started saying we overpaid for him and that he never did anything against us and I was legitimately confused. I think the Canty signing was one of the best offseason signings in the entire NFL.

But he was a 4th round pick..........

Nope, Toomer is done and everyone in the NFL knows it including Toomer.

BTW, this hindsight view of Gibril Wilson and especially Kawika Mitchell is laughable.

Considering what Gibril Wilson signed for when he left the Giants last year, it is still a smart move.

Letting Kawika Mitchell leave? Do you remember we picked him up and made him into a great free agent signing a year later. Do you remember we had this young fast talented linebacker named Gerris Wilkinson that we felt needed more experience but would be an upgrade after Kawika Mitchell finished his one year contract?

Turns out Gerris Wilkinson can't stay healthy and we were very lucky that Bryan Kehl was drafted. The problem wasn't that we let Mitchell go, it is that Wilkinson can't stay healthy.

Nope, Toomer is done and everyone in the NFL knows it including Toomer.

BTW, this hindsight view of Gibril Wilson and especially Kawika Mitchell is laughable.

Considering what Gibril Wilson signed for when he left the Giants last year, it is still a smart move.

Letting Kawika Mitchell leave? Do you remember we picked him up and made him into a great free agent signing a year later. Do you remember we had this young fast talented linebacker named Gerris Wilkinson that we felt needed more experience but would be an upgrade after Kawika Mitchell finished his one year contract?

Turns out Gerris Wilkinson can't stay healthy and we were very lucky that Bryan Kehl was drafted. The problem wasn't that we let Mitchell go, it is that Wilkinson can't stay healthy.

I watched the SB run up on NFL Network.......It was a Kawika Mitchell highlight reel.......you ARE SO WRONG on this one