SportsWrath

LB Michael Boley to visit Giants today

osi724dasack

One of those SS/LB tweeners....he definitely would not be able to take on lead blocks from the FB or TE on a consistent basis...forget about pulling lineman either. But the coverage skills might make up for the lack of run stopping.

We need a guy like Boley who can cover. Boley is a very good linebacker who is perfect for the weakside. If he had 10 or 15 more pounds, he still wouldn't be able to come off pulling lineman if they lay a good block. But Boley gets a lot of tackles for a reason.

I just wanted to clarify for everyone hitting refresh every 30 seconds to see if Michael Boley signed that he's not in the area yet and won't be here until tonight. Not sure exactly what time, but it sounds like it'll be a dinner date with the front office and the coaching staff. Maybe a physical tomorrow morning, too, which means a potential deal might not go down today.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/beat_writers_blog/

Yeah because where you get drafted is an obvious indication of your talents in the NFL :rolleyes:

How is it not, the entire point of the draft is to rank players by scouted talent levels? I'm just saying our entire linebacking corps is filled with undrafted and 5-7th round players, and they suck.

How is it not, the entire point of the draft is to rank players by scouted talent levels? I'm just saying our entire linebacking corps is filled with undrafted and 5-7th round players, and they suck.

I think what he means is the draft is not always an indication as to where the player's career will end up.

I think what he means is the draft is not always an indication as to where the player's career will end up.

True, Michael Boley however, doesn't have gaudy stats, so unless we have Falcon-watchers here he sounds like more of the same. I guess the days of dominating and playmaking linebackers is over.

Hell, the last time I saw an LB interception was when Kawika Mitchell was still on the team.

True, Michael Boley however, doesn't have gaudy stats, so unless we have Falcon-watchers here he sounds like more of the same. I guess the days of dominating and playmaking linebackers is over.

Hell, the last time I saw an LB interception was when Kawika Mitchell was still on the team.

Nope - we had one in Pittsburg

I agree, I dont think he's worth 5 mil a year based on his stats.