SportsWrath

LB Michael Boley to visit Giants today

osi724dasack

I dont like this Boley deal...it wreaks of Barret Green and Carlos Emmons

No it doesn't, lol. Green and Emmons were always hurt...Boley hasn't. He wasn't a correct fit for

Mike Smith's system.

It was rumored that the Giants were looking at him LAST YEAR too, but the Falcons tendered him.

giving this dude 5 mil before resigning ward? I don't know if I love this - especially since it seems reasonable to bring Ward back now for pretty cheap.

Letting Ward go is the smart thing to do. I don't like the Boley deal either... But we need more spped at LB.

No it doesn't, lol. Green and Emmons were always hurt...Boley hasn't. He wasn't a correct fit for

Mike Smith's system.

It was rumored that the Giants were looking at him LAST YEAR too, but the Falcons tendered him.

well true in the sense is the guy doesn't get hurt...but to invest 5 mil in a guy that has brutal stats raises big red flags...but if JR thinks he's worth it, then in JR I trust...until JR does something so assinine that it becomes a horrible move its hard to question the guy.

i say go get this guy hes undersized but perfect for our D, we won't have to drop Pierce into coverage. Also when does WFAN talk about football usually Francesca is talking about pumping AROD in the ass, but not with steroids

You just sold me on this guy.

giving this dude 5 mil before resigning ward? I don't know if I love this - especially since it seems reasonable to bring Ward back now for pretty cheap.

Who cares if Ward is back or not? I know I don't. We need a linebacker way more than a 2nd string RB. Right now I want to see more touches from Bradshaw anyway, and Ware deserves the promotion to third string as well.

Give me Boley.

Who cares if Ward is back or not? I know I don't. We need a linebacker way more than a 2nd string RB. Right now I want to see more touches from Bradshaw anyway, and Ware deserves the promotion to third string as well.

Give me Boley.

Is this Boley guy any good? So if we get Boley and Canty, then our first pick should be for Hicks or an OL... right?

Is this Boley guy any good? So if we get Boley and Canty, then our first pick should be for Hicks or an OL... right?

Yes, he's very good. He's a coverage linebacker and he can tackle.

Even if we sign Boley, don't be surprised if we draft another LB with the first round pick, such as Cushing or Matthews. Remember the plan is to keep Kiwi at end, and Boley is a weakside LB. Therefore, what will happen is that the starting strongside 'backer would still be Danny Clark, in his final year with the Giants. They will likely want a young guy to play strongside linebacker, challenge for the job year one, and be the starter in 2010.

I think this might be their strategy. Then with the first second round pick they will go WR, and grab Nicks or Britt, whichever is available. That is a gamble though, and I'd prefer them to just get Britt in the first and start grabbing "best available" players after that, with an eye to grab young OL's, DL's, and a young safety and running back later.

Yes, he's very good. He's a coverage linebacker and he can tackle.

Even if we sign Boley, don't be surprised if we draft another LB with the first round pick, such as Cushing or Matthews. Remember the plan is to keep Kiwi at end, and Boley is a weakside LB. Therefore, what will happen is that the starting strongside 'backer would still be Danny Clark, in his final year with the Giants. They will likely want a young guy to play strongside linebacker, challenge for the job year one, and be the starter in 2010.

I think this might be their strategy. Then with the first second round pick they will go WR, and grab Nicks or Britt, whichever is available. That is a gamble though, and I'd prefer them to just get Britt in the first and start grabbing "best available" players after that, with an eye to grab young OL's, DL's, and a young safety and running back later.

That's what I was thinking, because Britt's stock has gone way up the past month. I seriously want TJ so bad though. That guy can catch everything. He reminds me alot of Fitzerald. I think we need to address maybe a MLB in the draft too, because I think AP is starting to falter a little bit.

they are not taking a receiver with the first pick

I think that WR is exactly where they go, unless a DT slips to them and cannot be signed in FA.

WR offers the most value at that spot in the first round and it is will be at the position of greatest need.