SportsWrath

T.J. Houshmandzadeh No. 1 Target of Giants

BleedinBlue

Top 5 wide receivers in the NFL last year:

Tony Gonzalez 6'5"-

Larry Fitzgerald 6'3"

Brandon Marshall 6'4"-

Wes Welker 5'9" (system WR, look who's on the other side of the field drawing doubles)-

Andre Johnson 6'3"- out of playoffs

talk about relevance-tell me, how many of those were working in January?

look, i would love to have speed and size in one guy. but more important to have a good system with guys who can get open and catch the ball. my point is eli needs to be a better and more accurate QB who can get the ball to those guys not just long and high.

Top 5 wide receivers in the NFL last year:

Tony Gonzalez 6'5"

Larry Fitzgerald 6'3"

Brandon Marshall 6'4"

Wes Welker 5'9" (system WR, look who's on the other side of the field drawing doubles)

Andre Johnson 6'3"

Jabar Gaffney was the bomb. :)

Guys who stretch the offense do not have to be the same size as Plaxico, it helps but it is not a necessity. Where have a Plaxico type who is tall, is being able to lob a ball into the endzone so that the taller receiver has an advantage, again a Plaxico strength.

talk about relevance-tell me, how many of those were working in January?

look, i would love to have speed and size in one guy. but more important to have a good system with guys who can get open and catch the ball. my point is eli needs to be a better and more accurate QB who can get the ball to those guys not just long and high.

Well, you can't pin a team's success or failure on one guy, blu. Marshall, Gonzalez, Johnson... their teams didn't make the playoffs because these guys didn't do enough to help them win.

My personal opinion is that this would be a great acquisition....not as a replacement for Plax, but as a replacement for Toomer. I'm psyched that the Giants are in pursuit.

My sentiment exactly, B. I'm betting the Giants expect Plax to come back and play full season.

I am wowing at you because you agreed with Bleedin. This is a rarity.

Yep, you've just witnessed and three times in a life time event where Bleedin and myself agree on three things and three things only.. The Giants' Offense, the Giants' defense, and the Giant's special teams... no ifs ands or buts about it.

Crap article. How would a Cincy paper know what the Giants are thinking? Since when has Reese or TC ever let anything regarding FA and the draft slip? never. How many more teams can they possibly list that are interested in TJ? Do they take any consideration for how much $$ he's going to get, and that we will not pay what he wants? Bob Papa has come out and said he doubts the Giants will be active in FA for a WR, and that they believe in their young WR core and will change the gameplan to compensate.

On top of that, TJ doesn't fit at all. We already have WRs in this mold... Smith & Moss. We need a WR to stretch the field. TJ doesn't do this. He's not a true #1 WR, he's a possession WR. He's also old as all hell.

Garbage fluff piece. Nothing else.

amen

Yep, you've just witnessed and three times in a life time event where Bleedin and myself agree on three things and three things only.. The Giants' Offense, the Giants' defense, and the Giant's special teams... no ifs ands or buts about it.

And you're both wrong on all three. Extra special. :P

My personal opinion is that this would be a great acquisition....not as a replacement for Plax, but as a replacement for Toomer. I'm psyched that the Giants are in pursuit.

He actually reminds me of Fitzgerald a bit, with his quickness on slants, and physical ability.

Smith moving in as Toomer's replacement does not make us a better team. There is no question Houshmanzadeh is a much better football player than Smith. I would agree that we need to be cautious with the kind of deal we would give TJ. He will play next season at 32 (only 3 years younger than Toomer) and is coming off of a 5 year low in yards, ypr, and touchdowns. I believe he can still get it done but I wouldn't give him more than a 3 year deal and I WOULDN'T get into a bidding war for his services. He wants to play in Philadelphia, so we'll see what happens with that.

If we do get him, the WR makeover is not complete until we draft Kenny Britt! :P

Look who his QB's were! lol

Good point

Agreed. Let's get Lavernaeus Coles on the cheap.

that would be a better way to go. Coles can fill in, I think we are looking at Hixon - 1, Smith - 2, Manningham - 3 and I am sure they will bring in some younger guys or free agent acquisitions. But the game plan will clearly be tailored to a run first attack...now if they can beat that into the head Kilbride we will be set.

that would be a better way to go. Coles can fill in, I think we are looking at Hixon - 1, Smith - 2, Manningham - 3 and I am sure they will bring in some younger guys or free agent acquisitions. But the game plan will clearly be tailored to a run first attack...now if they can beat that into the head Kilbride we will be set.

I'm very iffy on Coles. Age and his health are at question for me. He might be cheaper, but cmon now. If not TJ then lets just draft a guy already. The FA class isn't great to say the least <_<

I'm very iffy on Coles. Age and his health are at question for me. He might be cheaper, but cmon now. If not TJ then lets just draft a guy already. The FA class isn't great to say the least <_<

I think TJ would be a great acquisition but Reese has shown in the past two season he will not overpay for free agents.

LOL!!!!!!! We love to pass the ball, only on the windiest days of the year