SportsWrath

I don't get it

BronxRik

I'm not a huge X's and O's type of guy, so I may be out of my league here. Everyone is pinning the loss on Gilbride. Now, I'm not smart enough to know enough to ride his jock, so hear me out. What do you think would happen if Gil called the 'bad plays', but they got executed the way he planned? Do you think we would be in a better position to win? There are alot of factors in a game, execution being the most important i would say. Plus, how can he plan for the defence's plan to counter his plan? So what if we're a run team and we pass. If we execute, we should be able to move the ball.....no?

Look, I know this isn't a popular discussion, but seriously, how can anyone blame a dude on the sideline for his plays not working?

Fucking Eagles.

Thats understandable, I mean he calls the plays but it's up to the players to execute them.

However in a number of cases in this game(i.e. 1st and 5 inside the 25) he passed the ball not once, not twice but three times..which we then kicked a field goal and left time on the clock for the Eagles to go downfield and take the lead before the half.

We have a RB who is picking up 4+ yards a carry and we pass three times...THREE fucking times in a row. Atleast run it once to try to get the first and run the clock down..we still have time to kick the field goal regardless.

It's just...bonkers.

I don't think all the blame should be put in Gilly the Willy but at the same time he deserves his fair share.

Thats understandable, I mean he calls the plays but it's up to the players to execute them.

However in a number of cases in this game(i.e. 1st and 5 inside the 25) he passed the ball not once, not twice but three times..which we then kicked a field goal and left time on the clock for the Eagles to go downfield and take the lead before the half.

We have a RB who is picking up 4+ yards a carry and we pass three times...THREE fucking times in a row. Atleast run it once to try to get the first and run the clock down..we still have time to kick the field goal regardless.

It's just...bonkers.

I don't think all the blame should be put in Gilly the Willy but at the same time he deserves his fair share.

Absolutely, I'll agree with that. I wonder if he thought "everyone knows we're a run team, their D is gonna prep for that" and uses a pass play. The you gotta figure "shit, they were prepped for a pass play, they'll never suspect another" and tries it again. And again. Hell, makes sense to me they wouldn't be ready for 3 pass plays on 1st and 5, but what do I know. I keep dumping $100 dollar bills in slot machines figuring they'll payoff.....eventually.

Offensive linemen love to block for runs as it gives them a chance to beat up the defensive line and the linebackers. Any game that the Giants have won this year....you see where the other team eventually runs up the flag after the pounding our running game exacts on them. When you have a 1st and five and you go into shotgun formation twice and throw it (it would have been forgiveable if the throw was into the endzone.). It indicates to experienced players that the coaching staff or coordinator is clueless. Carl Banks said it succinctly..."either a coach has his finger on the pulse of the game or he is just at the game". Far too often Gilfuck has called plays that do not bear a resemblance to what is going on in front of us. He gets too cute and gambles when the negative payoff can outweigh the positive. The all or nothing or go for broke is not a good strategy.

Absolutely, I'll agree with that. I wonder if he thought "everyone knows we're a run team, their D is gonna prep for that" and uses a pass play. The you gotta figure "shit, they were prepped for a pass play, they'll never suspect another" and tries it again. And again. Hell, makes sense to me they wouldn't be ready for 3 pass plays on 1st and 5, but what do I know. I keep dumping $100 dollar bills in slot machines figuring they'll payoff.....eventually.

And you will probably be broke before it pays out...lol. And when it does it will be for the little old lady who puts in one or two pulls.

It was lack of execution. Gilbride ran the ball 31 times but Eli really missed Plax (QB rating of 33) and his ability to get up and get the ball. Plax hides Eli's bad throws and now the security blank is gone. Notice how the fade route has almost been abandoned the last few games.

Also Eli's sneak was terrible and Jacobs didn't run with his blockers on the 4th down. The O just couldn't get in sync on the passing game and the only thing I will fault Gilbride on is maybe he should have inserted Bradshaw to do more running and pass less.

Also even more we don't know how much Eli audibled those bad plays as I hear Omaha very often.

That could be the case..but when Eli is throwing like...Eli the old you HAVE to change up the play calling and do something.

I mean sure Smith was wide open and over thrown but that should of been an indication that "Humm maybe the wind is to much for Eli...I'll keep the passes short and pound the ball" Maybe it was Eli? Who knows...maybe he was just throwing really bad today, cold hands? winds? I dont know.

Like I said he doesnt deserve all the blame/hate but his play calling did really hurt us among other things.

Offensive linemen love to block for runs as it gives them a chance to beat up the defensive line and the linebackers. Any game that the Giants have won this year....you see where the other team eventually runs up the flag after the pounding our running game exacts on them. When you have a 1st and five and you go into shotgun formation twice and throw it (it would have been forgiveable if the throw was into the endzone.). It indicates to experienced players that the coaching staff or coordinator is clueless. Carl Banks said it succinctly..."either a coach has his finger on the pulse of the game or he is just at the game". Far too often Gilfuck has called plays that do not bear a resemblance to what is going on in front of us. He gets too cute and gambles when the negative payoff can outweigh the positive. The all or nothing or go for broke is not a good strategy.

Ok, I'll give you that, but today was all or nothing, wasn't it? And this great line couldn't pick up 2 4th and inches attempts? Everyone, including my Cowturds loving G/F, knows the Gmen are going to run.

That could be the case..but when Eli is throwing like...Eli the old you HAVE to change up the play calling and do something.

I mean sure Smith was wide open and over thrown but that should of been an indication that "Humm maybe the wind is to much for Eli...I'll keep the passes short and pound the ball" Maybe it was Eli? Who knows...maybe he was just throwing really bad today, cold hands? winds? I dont know.

Like I said he doesnt deserve all the blame/hate but his play calling did really hurt us among other things.

Is it Gilbride or Eli? Eli seems to audible often and everybody wanted Huff but apparently he isn't that bad after all.

Is it Gilbride or Eli? Eli seems to audible often and everybody wanted Huff but apparently he isn't that bad after all.

I couldnt tell you, I'm not a professional football Offensive guy....if I was I would be in the CFL or NFL :P

Anyways it could be one of the other..or what I'm thinking both of them had a horrible day today..well maybe not horrible but a serious lack of execution. Eli had arrant passes and some of his audibles we're head scratching worthy and Gil...will Gil was just plain old Gil on some drives. If people want to try to pin it on just one person I guess it's going to be Gil but like I said he doesnt deserve it all.

And yeah Huffy did an awesome job with the Calgary Stampeders this year, made that D into something special and their O had quite the running game.

It was lack of execution. Gilbride ran the ball 31 times but Eli really missed Plax (QB rating of 33) and his ability to get up and get the ball. Plax hides Eli's bad throws and now the security blank is gone. Notice how the fade route has almost been abandoned the last few games.

Also Eli's sneak was terrible and Jacobs didn't run with his blockers on the 4th down. The O just couldn't get in sync on the passing game and the only thing I will fault Gilbride on is maybe he should have inserted Bradshaw to do more running and pass less.

Also even more we don't know how much Eli audibled those bad plays as I hear Omaha very often.

DUDe really??? can you get off the Plaxico Bus I mean look around ya the bus is in the garage on blocks and there is no bus driver.

you're right- there should have been a few executions during that game. :P

I am listening to the Pitt game and they are grinding it out like they are supposed to....just an occasional change of pace but run...run...and another run. Its almost as if the Giants coaching staff is ashamed to be known as a running team. That and a defense will win you a championship more often than not.....the Steelers just ran in another....35-17....JESUS H. CHRIST that should be us.

I couldn't tell you, I'm not a professional football Offensive guy....if I was I would be in the CFL or NFL :P

Anyways it could be one of the other..or what I'm thinking both of them had a horrible day today..well maybe not horrible but a serious lack of execution. Eli had arrant passes and some of his audibles we're head scratching worthy and Gil...will Gil was just plain old Gil on some drives. If people want to try to pin it on just one person I guess it's going to be Gil but like I said he doesn't deserve it all.

And yeah Huffy did an awesome job with the Calgary Stampeders this year, made that D into something special and their O had quite the running game.

Another issue I have is why do people ride Gilbride but McNabb threw 40 times. Obviously the Eagles thought throwing wasn't a huge issue. I hear Omaha constantly so I am starting to think Eli makes a lot of those passing plays and maybe not so much Gilbride.

DUDe really??? can you get off the Plaxico Bus I mean look around ya the bus is in the garage on blocks and there is no bus driver.

Well Plax leaves and the passing game looks lost.

Another issue I have is why do people ride Gilbride but McNabb threw 40 times. Obviously the Eagles thought throwing wasn't a huge issue. I hear Omaha constantly so I am starting to think Eli makes a lot of those passing plays and maybe not so much Gilbride.

Well Plax leaves and the passing game looks lost.

yeah that ELI what a loser plax should of shot him instead :rolleyes:

Can ya fix your sig ?

If you taped the game go back and watch it. Tell me our chance of success of passing downs with only Toomer and Matthews set up on the outside against the 3rd best defense in the NFL. Also look at our drive before halftime and 3 passes in a row on 1st and 5. Also, if you have time... ignore the carries Jacobs got when the game was already out of reach and take notice of how he wasn't in the game for several series.- Then come back and tell me this isn't his fault

If you taped the game go back and watch it. Tell me our chance of success of passing downs with only Toomer and Matthews set up on the outside against the 3rd best defense in the NFL. Also look at our drive before halftime and 3 passes in a row on 1st and 5. Also, if you have time... ignore the carries Jacobs got when the game was already out of reach and take notice of how he wasn't in the game for several series.- Then come back and tell me this isn't his fault

It's not entirely his fault.

He's part of the reason we lost but not the only reason.

I'm not a huge X's and O's type of guy, so I may be out of my league here. Everyone is pinning the loss on Gilbride. Now, I'm not smart enough to know enough to ride his jock, so hear me out. What do you think would happen if Gil called the 'bad plays', but they got executed the way he planned? Do you think we would be in a better position to win? There are alot of factors in a game, execution being the most important i would say. Plus, how can he plan for the defence's plan to counter his plan? So what if we're a run team and we pass. If we execute, we should be able to move the ball.....no?

Look, I know this isn't a popular discussion, but seriously, how can anyone blame a dude on the sideline for his plays not working?

Fucking Eagles.

Obviously, if the "bad calls" were converted, the outcome is different. But when the offense is set up to fail, be it not calling a run a single time when you start at 1st and 5. Or predictable play calling, or even poor choices by coughlin.

Honestly, I was watching the game with 2 friends, and i was calling most of the plays before they happened, they said i should be an announcer and i said no, thats just how predictable we are.

The loss is spread out among Gillbride, Coughlin and Eli, less so on Eli because they kept going to the well even though it was empty the first time, but he's gotta make better throws as well.

What hurts so bad is we should have won, as bad as we played on offense, we very easily could have won that game. Running that ball when it was 1st and 5, getting the first, I think we would have gotten a TD had we got that first down.

The the second missed FG attempt, that should have been a punt. We gave away points, time, and field position all day and the D still managed to keep us within striking range for most of the game.