SportsWrath

Colts lose to the San Diego Referees

so-cal dub

:clap: Good job guys, you really know when games mean something.

I fully expect these dick wads to be officiating the Giants game too. :brooding:

Agreed... I also think we found our replacement for ward. Sproles is lightning fast and with our o line he could do serious damage. Not to mention he's a great returner as well...

You know, I thought that it was very unfortunate that the refs played such an important part of the game in the overtime period, but the penalties looked legit. Especially the face mask. That is all on the defensive player. He knew he had that face mask yet still held on. That is a lack of discipline on his part. Then there was the defensive holding play on the fade... I also thought that was a fair call. The defender held him twice on the same play. The first time near the line of scrimmage, that would've been ticky tack... but as the wide out reached the sticks, the defender grabbed him again, definitely impeding his progress. It's very unfortunate, but I have to blame the Colts players.

I also blame Peyton. Everyone knows "tails never fails." He called heads!

Also, near the end of regulation, all they needed was a first down and the game was over, and they couldn't get it.

I think they got to 3rd and 2, and Peyton dropped back to pass, and the protection broke down and he got sacked. They convert there and the game was over.

Instead, they punted near midfield, the defense couldn't hold them, and allowed San Diego to kick a game-tying FG.

I hate Rivers, and I really wanted the Colts to win this one, but this is really on the Colts players.

How do you guys feel about Sproles? We would be getting a lightning fast returner with a great O line who could split carries with Jacobs. With Ward getting a big contract somewhere I think Sproles will come cheaper. He also has the ability to take screen passes a long way and has good hands (We will need a solid 3rd down back because Jacobs has the injury bug and can't catch a cold)... I think he would be a perfect fit here depending on what his price tag will be.

How do you guys feel about Sproles? We would be getting a lightning fast returner with a great O line who could split carries with Jacobs. With Ward getting a big contract somewhere I think Sproles will come cheaper. He also has the ability to take screen passes a long way and has good hands (We will need a solid 3rd down back because Jacobs has the injury bug and can't catch a cold)... I think he would be a perfect fit here depending on what his price tag will be.

Unfortunately with Tomilson(baby LT) aging and doing nothing and the fact the Chargers already lost a player in Turner..I highly doubt unless we offer a first, second, thrid round pick that they will let him go for anything.

Though he is one hell of a player.

You know, I thought that it was very unfortunate that the refs played such an important part of the game in the overtime period, but the penalties looked legit. Especially the face mask. That is all on the defensive player. He knew he had that face mask yet still held on. That is a lack of discipline on his part. Then there was the defensive holding play on the fade... I also thought that was a fair call. The defender held him twice on the same play. The first time near the line of scrimmage, that would've been ticky tack... but as the wide out reached the sticks, the defender grabbed him again, definitely impeding his progress. It's very unfortunate, but I have to blame the Colts players.

I also blame Peyton. Everyone knows "tails never fails." He called heads!

Also, near the end of regulation, all they needed was a first down and the game was over, and they couldn't get it.

I think they got to 3rd and 2, and Peyton dropped back to pass, and the protection broke down and he got sacked. They convert there and the game was over.

Instead, they punted near midfield, the defense couldn't hold them, and allowed San Diego to kick a game-tying FG.

I hate Rivers, and I really wanted the Colts to win this one, but this is really on the Colts players.

I agree. The holding call was a hold, and the facemask was obvious. Even if he had let go, with the new rule, it still was going to cost them 15 yards. I don't think the new rule is fair, by the way, and it's just a matter of time before that cost a team dearly in a huge game.

I also remember the Colts getting a break on a reversal on what looked to me to be a fumble by the Colt's kick returner near the end of the 1st half. It would have given SD the ball with great field position and a chance to at least attempt a FG before the half. That ball was coming out of his hands before his knee hit the ground.

We won't go after him. He's going to command big money on the open market and we're going to have to shell out big money if we want to keep Jacobs. Plus, we already have a very similar player with a lot of upside in Bradshaw.

With what seems to be an injury prone L Tomlinson, you think the blots won't try to resign sproles?

Did you guys see the AZ/ATL game?

Thats way the officiating should be handled in the post season. Not throwing a fucking flag for every little thing, and I'm not talking about the obvious face mask.

They've been pretty lax with the Bal/Mia game also.

Funny when Dungy heard who was officiating he commented that there would be lots of penalties.

It's sad that their reputations had preceded them.

Can't wait for the San Diego-Pittsburgh game it's gonna be funny to watch which team the refs favor, both teams seem to get every single call. I am scared shitless to play Pittsburgh in the super bowl not because of the team but because every single freaking close call goes their way, i thought after the conterversy from super bowl 40 when Jerome Bettis brought in his family to ref the game in Detroit, they would go the other way on Pittsburgh but it's even worse now, in fact Pittsburgh is not even the AFC north champions Baltimore is. We already beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh when alot of shit calls went their way but in the super bowl its gonna be tenfold the NFL loves Pittsburgh.

Can't wait for the San Diego-Pittsburgh game it's gonna be funny to watch which team the refs favor, both teams seem to get every single call. I am scared shitless to play Pittsburgh in the super bowl not because of the team but because every single freaking close call goes their way, i thought after the conterversy from super bowl 40 when Jerome Bettis brought in his family to ref the game in Detroit, they would go the other way on Pittsburgh but it's even worse now, in fact Pittsburgh is not even the AFC north champions Baltimore is. We already beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh when alot of shit calls went their way but in the super bowl its gonna be tenfold the NFL loves Pittsburgh.

What do you mean Pitt isn't the Afc north champ? :confused: